Joint TOP/TSO Announcement

TSO shall have the duty to come to the aid, via means military, financial and otherwise, of TOP in the case of clear aggression upon the latter.

That reads like an MDP to me, not a protectorate. This is a strange treaty. Other clauses appear to me to reflect a protectorate status, though.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to mention that, its essentially an MDP unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, the extension of the 'protectorate' doesn't really surprise me, what did surprise me is that TOP allowed themselves to get in the middle of this in the first place.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

Hmm, who could possibly benefit from any possible distrust sowed from hacking MCXA's forums during a time as convenient as the TSO drama? Surely not Vox. Afterall, it's not like they have some sort of agenda and they've always been known to be above this sort of thing.

Come on. If we're throwing around assumptions based on who seems to be the obvious perpetrators, Vox is just as likely to have done it. That seems to be exactly how Vox operates, and the only ones who seemingly still care about this are Vox and the rest of the trolls who are out for some blood. Not the involved parties.

Congratulations to us and TSO on extending our protectorate. ^_^

Yeah, right. Think about this tactically. If we had that sort of access, why the hell would we risk losing it by destroying the forum? There's nothing for us to gain from doing something like that. TSO on the other hand? It destroys any of their dirty laundry that may have been laying around. Were we involved in that destruction? No. Do we have inside information regarding it? Yes, of course we do. Just like we have inside information about the operation of your alliance, your allies, your blocs and whose nukes are going to be pounding your sorry butts into dust once the rest of the world gets tired of the mouse that roared.

Back on the actual topic, this is a mutual defense pact and not a protectorate. Nothing's shocking there. You expect all the rats to hang together anyway. I'm just curious why they don't call it that.

It has aspects of a protectorate (a requirement for TSO to consult TOP before signing anything else) and aspects of an MDP (notably, mutual defence, heh). It also has a fixed expiry period and no premature cancellation clause, which could be an embarrassment to TOP if TSO give someone a solid CB.

I think you are being unfair to imply that TOP are hiding something though. It is quite legitimate to call this treaty a protectorate.

Yeah, right. Think about this tactically. If we had that sort of access, why the hell would we risk losing it by destroying the forum? There's nothing for us to gain from doing something like that. TSO on the other hand? It destroys any of their dirty laundry that may have been laying around. Were we involved in that destruction? No. Do we have inside information regarding it? Yes, of course we do. Just like we have inside information about the operation of your alliance, your allies, your blocs and whose nukes are going to be pounding your sorry butts into dust once the rest of the world gets tired of the mouse that roared.

Back on the actual topic, this is a mutual defense pact and not a protectorate. Nothing's shocking there. You expect all the rats to hang together anyway. I'm just curious why they don't call it that.

Oh man, you always are good to make me laugh.

MK check.

Vox check.

STA check.

Nemesis check.

Vanguard check.

Carpe Diem check.

NSO check.

Seems this thread is now complete. Now we can commence operation betray Gramlins. :ehm:

I would love to know what you're implying here, especially in listing my alliance.

I´m proud to be allied to TOP, i´m proud that TOP is not influenced by some outside forces which cry out loud for blood.

This seems to be such an important ideal to TOP they regularly step on their allies to prove how independent they are and how they can not be influenced. To prove they cant be influenced they are prepared to forget they were manipulated and lied to and continue this circus of a ridiculous protectorate agreement with a top 50 alliance.

That made me chuckle, seeing who that comment is coming from.

Both TSO and TOP are a honorabele bunch. Same goes for MCXA.

I dont tell everyone how honourable I am, why would I care. TSO have TOP wrapped around their little finger.

Edited by Alterego

I would like to know as well, seeing as STA is listed. :)

Well I posted this in MK's embassy, but I might as well put it out here. I can't speak for CoM, but I believe he was referring to the people posted negative comments last time, posted them again.

Many people do, it's the only time that a lot of you get to hear the unvarnished truth.

I may have something on this, but I'm playing it close to the vest for now.

good call any more drama and people might actually begin to enjoy themselves

I would love to know what you're implying here, especially in listing my alliance.

Oh don't be so surprised.

I am, though, I mean I post very little in terms of anything that could be considered "trolling" and I'd consider myself CD's most outspoken member, on the foreign front.

Quite frankly, I'm hurt.

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah, we've demonstrated time and time again our ability and propensity for destroying forums.

Sorry, pally, Vox's power is that we don't need to do any of that. We're not like the rest of you.

Schattenmann, there is no need to get overly defensive, we all know know that the fighter for peace war and justice :rolleyes: would never commit such crimes.

Right. While a stable, sound, elite Continuum alliance is dedicated to the protection of TSO MCXA will attack it.

And despite what your former, backstabbing government may have told you, the fact that I support common sense and decency in the matter of TSO/MCXA/TOP does not mean that I've got an ebil motive.

Good critical thinking skills.

We do NOT approve of Forum killing, we do NOT support it, and there is not even a hint that it was done by the TSO. Common sense would be to admit that we aren’t guilty, and not to defend an already lost point. So instead of insulting Ilya’s critical thinking skills, you should critically evaluate your own argumentation.

Oh !@#$ guys, I said Sam negotiated reps with MCXA instead of Celt because I didn't open up the logs and double-check. Everything after that is completely false. Sam got me on this one.

Oh, I know, let me prove I know what I'm talkign about. The talks occurred in #discussion. Triyun enters the channel in the middle of things because he doesn't realize the room is being used. Biggity bam need I say more. Yes. Fresh proposes that TSO decom 50% of nukes for 6 months, to the tune of almost 400 nukes. TOP intervenes and will not allow TSO to accept that term/condition.

Oh wow Biggity bam, you finally read the logs. I am proud on you. Let's hope we can continue this discussion with facts and not with assumptions....

First you say that TSO does not have the ability to delete MCXA's forums, then in the very next breath you say that a member of TSO owns and pays for the MCXA forums. Keep digging. Also, vocabulary lesson for the day: If you own something and you destroy it, it's not "hacking" it's "an act of war."

...oh well I expected too much.

To my knowledge, the account of Jimmy2e was hacked, his password was changed, and the attacker was probably able to access the database. (That is what MCXA has told me). That is called hacking and not taking the Forums down legally, which is something we wouldn’t do.

I still don’t see why I should attempt to destroy the community I was part of for almost 2 years, but yeah, I am sure you have a fitting answer for that, since you are obviously able to read my mind. :rolleyes:

A trivial and insignificant incongruency.

The core of what I said stands, and you confirm it: A member of TSO created a user on the MCXA forums, masked it with high access, and got busted.

You act like because the backdoor account was busted it is of no consequence. That's like if I said Vox has a spy in FreakSafari but he never posts reports so it's not an act of war. Grow up.

It is not insignificant at all.

You claimed that a Root Admin gave TSO Members access to the MCXA Forums which would mean that the TSO would actually support the spying on the MCXA Forums, which we don’t. So the core of what you said doesn’t stand.

Additionally the guy who created that account is not a TSO Member anymore, but at war with the MCXA. Again, I was stating the facts while you added “insignificant” information that changes the whole story.

The issues are inseparable, though I can understand your desire to try and make them different.

That is exactly what happened. You put a member on trial, nc1701, and before you could do anything to him he left and went to MK. Other members got pissed and got loud about it. One of your old standby's in MCXA left over the incident, then you announced you were resigning. Then you took it back. Then you were leaving again. Then you took it back, then you left. Then the rest of the government, except a few, left with you and you caniving rats negotiated a secret protectorate with the caniving rats in TOP.

But! what's this? A kink in the works. An almost omniscient group of people with the will and means to communicate the truth got onto your dirty, dirty, low tricks and is not letting you walk away from them that easy.

As I said before Schattenmann, I don’t see the need to post pages on why I resigned; it is an issue that concerns me and the MCXA, and no one else. However, you should be aware that if you lead an alliance for almost 2 years, it isn’t a single event, and it can’t be outlined in one or 2 paragraphs, and that is why I won't get into any details. But since you can read my mind you obviously know the reasons for my departure better than me.

And yes, you did do a crappy job. You did a crappy, crappy, horrible job. You dumped ally after ally on a drunken-driving joyride to the top, and your membership bore the brunt of it in lost honor. They got sick of you and sick of the way you did things, so you left--you got ran out of town by the electorate.

I didn't make a single decision on my own in the MCXA, we always had a High Council of 13 people deciding on the issues. When you have conflicting treaties you are always on the losing side. If you decide to go with side A, side B will be pissed off, and the other way round. If you decide to stay neutral, both hate you, and call you infra whores.

Whether I was a good leader or not, is not up to me or you to decide, that's up to the MCXA Membership. And from what I have heard, they've been quite happy with me.

Sam, m'boy, you're relying on your old gravitas to make people just believe whatever poo spills out of your mouth. But it's gone. Everyone that hears my voice knows that what I am saying is backed by an undeniable knowledge of events as they ocurred and as they are ocurring.

You win the arrogance award. Congrats.

Because of Vox Populi's founding words they know that what I desire is truth, openess, honesty, true power and true war on Planet Bob and that it is my drive for all these good things which drives my words.

Yeah, that's probably our problem. Since you desire the war, I cannot deliver; you forget your other points, but that's okey, see above, you get an award for it.

And they know that what's driving you is survivalism, cronyism, and a desire to cover up the truth and to pass off lies.

Yes, if you say so it must be true!!!!!!1!!!

This will be my last post in this thread. I hate wasting my time.

Yes, as would I, seeing as Vanguard is listed in there. :P

I dont tell everyone how honourable I am, why would I care. TSO have TOP wrapped around their little finger.

You consider me the young apprentice

Caught between the scylla and charybidis

Hypnotized by you if I should linger

Staring at the ring around your finger

I have only come here seeking knowledge

Things they wouldnt teach me of in college

I can see the destiny you sold

Turned into a shining band of gold

Ill be wrapped around your finger

Mephistopheles is not your name

But I know what youre up to just the same

I will listen hard to intuition

And you will see it come to its fruition

Devil and the deep blue sea behind me

Vanish in the air youll never find me

I will turn your flesh to alabaster

Then you will find your servant is your master

And youll be wrapped around my finger

Youll be wrapped around your finger

Youll be wrapped around your finger

MK check.

Vox check.

STA check.

Nemesis check.

Vanguard check.

Carpe Diem check.

NSO check.

Seems this thread is now complete. Now we can commence operation betray Gramlins. :ehm:

Please good sir, what are you referring to here?

If you really want to say something, come out and say it.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris