Protected Nation

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there went the respect I had for the triumvirate <_<

Actually, I don't even know who the third triumvir is (or second I guess now).

Our intelligence indicates that it is, in fact, a large, framed poster of a cow propped up on a chair. A common muttering in the garden shed where the Village's leaders meet is "what would Moo do?"

I haven't been in touch with the developments in fringe alliances like the GGA lately, but it seems this is somehow an important event.

Back in my days, the GGA had always managed to hide its mediocrity behind the faces of notable personalities that were of great value to the alliance. It seems like most those names are gone now.

I haven't been in touch with the developments in fringe alliances like the GGA lately, but it seems this is somehow an important event.

Back in my days, the GGA had always managed to hide its mediocrity behind the faces of notable personalities that were of great value to the alliance. It seems like most those names are gone now.

They didn't hide it well back then either.

Hmm, then, my apologies to him :P. I don't think we've ever spoken and he doesn't put his head up on here much, so I hope he will forgive me for forgetting him.

He's ex Atlantis .gov. The talent is not homegrown:P

Until Assington abandoned him because GGA/NPO ordered him to
We welcomed JB with open arms after his expulsion from GGA, and then protected the Trikymia Domain, and then the Dominion despite the fact that it literally pissed off the leadership of GGA, NPO, and IRON because we felt we owed it to him due to his great contributions to ~'s victory in the Unjust War and because, quite frankly, a significant part of our leadership (myself included) liked him. In the end, however, we were put into a position to choose either One Vision and JB. We chose to protect our alliance.

Politics is a dirty business, and decisions that are regrettable sometimes have to be made.

Someone that isn't completely mediocre in GGA comes along and is forced out. Waiting for the guy with a WRC to be expelled in 3... 2...

Funny thing is they should have 2 WRCs now. -_-

Good luck GGA (really) and thank you VE.

We welcomed JB with open arms after his expulsion from GGA, and then protected the Trikymia Domain, and then the Dominion despite the fact that it literally pissed off the leadership of GGA, NPO, and IRON because we felt we owed it to him due to his great contributions to ~'s victory in the Unjust War and because, quite frankly, a significant part of our leadership (myself included) liked him. In the end, however, we were put into a position to choose either One Vision and JB. We chose to protect our alliance.

Politics is a dirty business, and decisions that are regrettable sometimes have to be made.

I seem to recall we weren't let off the hook quite that easily. ;) One of the many reasons I hope never to join another bloc is to avoid getting placed in that kind of situation again. Edited by Penguin

One of the many reasons I hope never to join another bloc is to avoid getting placed in that kind of situation again.

Agreed here. Blocs are just a way for the politically powerful members to control the less powerful members. And it works very well. Luckily Polar has learned this lesson, as far as I can tell. Eventually others will as well, in time.

It's really a shame to see what has happened to shaneprice. All he did was want to change the GGA culture for the better and to be kicked for that? Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

Edited by Big Z

Shane, there are a number of honorable, strong-willed alliances who would be proud to have you. Some of us think that a strong sense of what is right is the best quality in an alliance member.

While I regret that few of us could offer you a medal or a ribbon every week, I assure you, what some of these other alliances have is far better.

You are wrong Fallen Fool. You always have the choice to stand up for what you feel is right. No decision "has" to be made, despite what a lot of people would have you believe.