The End of PZI and Secret Terms?

Proxian Empire

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Brookbank remains on IRON's ZI list, and we have no intention of removing him anytime soon.

A few questions... Is he on your list in perpetuity? What is the reason he is on your list? Is there any sort of published list of who IRON considers to be perma-ZI or eternally ZI?

A few questions... Is he on your list in perpetuity? What is the reason he is on your list? Is there any sort of published list of who IRON considers to be perma-ZI or eternally ZI?

Reason?? Why should they give a reason? Who's going to stop them?

Incidentally, the reason they're fronting, the grapevine tells me, is because he's a founder of Vox. Like Moridin, or King Srqt, or Chickenzilla, or Rebel Virginia. You know, those people who are "free". Nevermind he stayed less time than any of them, nevermind he's been gone for most of our existence. What it comes down to is they don't like him, for some reason, and there's absolutely nothing to stop them from standing on his neck forever.

Jonathan Brookbank remains on IRON's ZI list, and we have no intention of removing him anytime soon.

You say this as if you are proud of this. It truthfully makes no sense for you to make an enemy out of Brookbank, who is someone who had no ill intentions for IRON and has rarely (if ever) spoken out against you. The only alliance that had any excuse to place Brookbank on a PZI list would be GGA, and their reasoning was pitiful at best. Surely if even they see the error in their ways then an esteemed alliance such as IRON could manage the same.

I also suppose I was mistaken in believing certain people were as truly 'free' as I am. This seriously should just be changed; no one supports it and nothing is gained from it.

As you probably well know, IRON's zi list is published on their forums which are currently under attack by OOC means.

You know I don't think its really fair that everyone is saying JB is off PZI. One alliance has let him off, and he is unable to post that he is still under a sentence by at least two more alliances. It is just petty and childish in my opinion, especially considering I think his faults were 100% IC.

I have an idea, let's grow some damn backbones and learn to deal with others instead of running them out of our sandbox.

edit: looks like I should have read past the OP, sorry, my opinion hasn't changed though.

Edited by mrcalkin

I dont really think this thread is going to help your friends get off their remaining ZI lists. If we can expect one of these monuments to crapulence every time someone is let off of ZI than why should ever let them off? If I were any less trusting I would say that you would rather they remain martyrs to your cause than free. Or that you are a little bit bitter that in just a couple of weeks Ivan alone has done more to effect the state of the game than you have been able to do in months on end.

Edited by GTTofAK

Whats funny is that all the PZI and EZI, got the hegomony in this position with leaking information all the time. The pushed those with more resources than they imagined into a corner, and now we have TWiP.

EZI/PZI just does more harm than good. Admin should be the one to decide who can stay or not, not those controlling the game

Edited by Guffey

I've never cared for "Permanent ZI" in the literal sense of the term, but history shows that nothing is permanent, and it's a legitimate tactic to declare a nation to be an enemy regardless of how much infrastructure it has. I wouldn't care to have it done to myself, not only for the loss of infrastructure but the bureaucratic hell of finding out whose list you're on, why, and how to get off, but then again to my knowledge I am also not on one of these "Permanent ZI" lists.

If it is the beginning of the end for PZI/EZI then that will be a good thing. However, I suspect it is simply a good way of getting certain loud people who make good points to shut up (giving them something to be scared of again), or an attempt to get some positive PR (for some reason people think much better of you for rolling back a bad practice than simply not doing it in the first place).

This is a good point. Once a man has nothing to lose (by being declared under perma-ZI), what's to stop him from doing his utmost to make you look bad? If you give him his freedom, he has something to lose again. And the PR angle makes sense too, though it's quite hollow - a clique of alliances defending their actions over the past year and a half or so by arguing self-interest and might makes right seems like a rather unlikely group to suddenly embrace altruism.

If it is the beginning of the end for PZI/EZI then that will be a good thing. However, I suspect it is simply a good way of getting certain loud people who make good points to shut up (giving them something to be scared of again), or an attempt to get some positive PR (for some reason people think much better of you for rolling back a bad practice than simply not doing it in the first place).

Well said...

I do, however, hope the trend continues and that those who remain on EZI/PZI lists are removed

I for one am happy to hear this. Without the kind of dishonor shown here those of us with honor would have a much harder time of standing out.

Dishonor isn't the half of it, is it?

(OOC: I haven't seen you on these forums for a while. It's nice to see another 'returnee' around these days. Welcome back.)

Reason?? Why should they give a reason? Who's going to stop them?

Incidentally, the reason they're fronting, the grapevine tells me, is because he's a founder of Vox. Like Moridin, or King Srqt, or Chickenzilla, or Rebel Virginia. You know, those people who are "free". Nevermind he stayed less time than any of them, nevermind he's been gone for most of our existence. What it comes down to is they don't like him, for some reason, and there's absolutely nothing to stop them from standing on his neck forever.

I believe there was once a time when getting on an alliance's ZI list meant you had to do something to that alliance. Now, people are put on for what amounts to hanging around with the "wrong" people, or for mere disagreements.

PZI is a joke.

...And then I got to Vox Populi. And some began to say the threats, or talk about the threats that were out. What would happen to me from some of our sick Pacifican brothers? Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to have a prosperous nation. Prosperity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do Admin's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Admin.

I'd like to think your philosophical stance will remain the same if the situation were reversed, but I have no doubt that I am on your PZI and EZI lists should your revolution succeed.

How could your revolution succeed without PZI and EZI?

Let's say you turn the whole world against NPO and we are well and truly rolled, what prevents us from rising again once the war is over and the terms, no matter how harsh, have been served?

Your plan depends on PZI.

Edited by James Dahl

I'd like to think your philosophical stance will remain the same if the situation were reversed, but I have no doubt that I am on your PZI and EZI lists should your revolution succeed.

Not that I am a member of the them, or even have anything to do with them at this point, but I really doubt they have any reason to PZI you. Honestly, you aren't that important. Frankly, if they did succeed somehow, major targets would be Moo, Dilber, and several of the major IOs, though I doubt they would PZI them. If they did I can say I would protest. I absolutely despise the practice.

Not that I am a member of the them, or even have anything to do with them at this point, but I really doubt they have any reason to PZI you. Honestly, you aren't that important. Frankly, if they did succeed somehow, major targets would be Moo, Dilber, and several of the major IOs, though I doubt they would PZI them. If they did I can say I would protest. I absolutely despise the practice.

I guess I'll just have to find out.

Considering the way Sponge and the rest talk of us, we of the rank and file, I doubt we'll be treated any differently than leadership.

Edited by James Dahl

Let's say you turn the whole world against NPO and we are well and truly rolled, what prevents us from rising again once the war is over and the terms, no matter how harsh, have been served?

Your plan depends on PZI.

No it doesn't. You might not believe it, but there was a time when PZI was unheard off. Wars were fought and nations were destroyed, but people went on with their lives, without the need to force anyone to quit playing or to ban whole communities from existence.

I myself like many other individuals don't have the power to change the current practice of PZI, but i can do my part by refusing to join or be allied in any form to an alliance that supports PZI.