$One Billion startup

• 2 weeks later...

As said, it would be good to have some more money to start up with, since Navy is relatively new feature in game, and many of us have not much info/ecperience from that. For me, and for many other, TE is a safe way to practise war tactics. Getting navy earlier in TE would be great practise.

just a thought.

why not do 5 million with one free wonder?

you would get a limit of 1 free wonder, all successive wonders would have to be paid for (and earned).

for the free wonder it would be players choice on what they want. a free wonder would kinda jump start things abit. there would be a set limit on how much the free wonder could impact NS. My money says most people would either choose a Pentagon, Manhatten Project or SDI system. the 1 free wonder would be exactly like normal wonders. and the free wonder couldn't be destroyed or swapped.

• 1 month later...

running in here and letting everyone know i AM NOT inwarriorpwnage's avvy.

thank you.

also, $1bil = too much

also,

just a thought.

you would get a limit of 1 free wonder, all successive wonders would have to be paid for (and earned).

for the free wonder it would be players choice on what they want. a free wonder would kinda jump start things abit. there would be a set limit on how much the free wonder could impact NS. My money says most people would either choose a Pentagon, Manhatten Project or SDI system. the 1 free wonder would be exactly like normal wonders. and the free wonder couldn't be destroyed or swapped.

the wonder should be limited to only (in CN version) $30-45mil wonders (so no epic wonders like WRC or the like)

Edited by Pax ME

5 Million would be great. On most of the games I play, on the testing shards/versions like tournament version you start off with quite a lot, so much that money/gold isn't even worth anything any more. But that would take too much fun out of Tournament Edition. I'd say 5 Million is good, not 1 Billion - although that'd be nice. But 5 million is great.

just a thought.

I could do this.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a crazy idea for start-up aid, but it'd be fun.

Random startup aid with 500k increments from 1 mil -- 4 mil.

My name is Warmongrel and I support this message.

I do believe there is a 24 or 48 delay to delete after you reroll, and by then someone has no doubt attacked you anyways. I think its an awesome idea, kinda like speed monopoly, all the properties are randomly dealt in the beginning. Thats what TE is about right? War, Speed, Doing it all over next round?

What he said.

seriously though, bigger starter aid would be good as navies and spies are almost useless right now.

Spies are incredibly useful in TE, heh.

Starter aid is probably fine the way it is, but perhaps an extra tiny bit of cash can't hurt. Maybe it would be cool to give a free wonder instead, so that decision-making enters sooner.

The standard startup cash should be raised to about 5mil. Spread out the NS ranges, etc.

Every now and then, when we hit milestones in membership or perhaps RL holidays/massive ingame updates, we could do a giant new startup for just that round.

As it stands we have almost everyone in the 3-10k NS range. Now imagine costs are not scaled u pat all, but because of some giant CN milestone (4 years, a certain amount of nations created, a certain amount of nations at one time, or just RL holidays) there is one round out of the mix where you start out with 50mil. Albeit, it's not 1bill and it's not quite "overkill", but it's enough to definately boost and spread the NS ranges even more, also allowing for more navy use. More massive wonders could also be bought more frequently.

Just a thought, meh.