A visitation...

Maelstrom Vortex

(ooc: If people object to the presence of ghosts/spirits/angels.. this can be non-canon.. not like it affects the world much anyhow. Or, perhaps on your interpretation, he is insane..)

The winds and waves crashed relaxingly over the Pacific..

"Koudoa.. I feel at a lost without you. Amidst a world of wolves.. no strong anchor to hold my mind." He sighs and kneels by her grave.. "You were my strength.. without you I am just a lone, unstable monster.... only now the physical has become the manifestation of what was within. How I despise the man, and human, that lies within. Broken and weary.. without our savior.. we have no hope."

He rest his hand on the top of the tombstone and sat quietly against it. He watched the sun going down over the Pacific. He closed his eyes, the tears rolled down his face. He rubbed his eyes as they were shut and he thought of the turmoil that wrought through him.. emotionally, life's stress.. it came pouring it out.

A spirit roused quietly from the waters.. slowly she came ashore. He could have sworn he heard her whisper, "It will be okay.. Let God guide you back to your strength. It was not in me, but in your principles. You have drifted.. find them again. I know you can." A soft yet cool caress drifted over his jaw.

"What does it matter to care about principles.. when the world seems simply out to destroy each other?" He sighed as he heard the voice in his head.. imagined or not.. he was to distraught to care...

"It matters everything. In the end.. this is no force of sword or pen, that can destroy the force of will. Give all to God, and he will give all back. Go forward only with good intent."... and then the vapor lifted away.

################################################################################

He awoke at dawn as the sunlight shined upon his face. He had slept the night there, by her side.. without even realizing it. "Maybe it is time I resign?" He at first thought to himself, but something deep within told him his people would need him more.. now than ever.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: I for one have no problem with him claiming to have seen a spirit or angel or whatever.

He'd just be stamped insane and brought into a mental asylum, having hallucinations of his dead wife, etc. Possibly some kind of post-traumatic stress disorder, lol. I'm not a doctor.