TE is "rapid"... wha??

So, in my original investigation of TE and deciding whether or not I wanted to join, I saw that the description said something like TE being more rapid and fast paced. Although that is obviously true, I don't think it is really as fast pace as it can/should be. So, here in my pitch:

I think shorter rounds are "good", because just like in SE if you join mid-round it is unlikely you will become a top 5% nation, etc. However, I really do not think that TE is rapid. Similar to SE, you can literally login once and day and do just fine in this game... especially if you are not in an alliance that actually participates in active wars. I think this inherently makes the game not rapid.

So, my suggestion is to make the game "update" twice per day, once at midnight and once at noon. Essentially, doubling the amount of days but still making the periods/rounds "short". This would mean that in one day, a nation could potentially go from 6% to nuclear and armed.

In regards to game play, it makes the game more exciting and interesting. Likewise, for those who are unavailable to login at update, you often find yourself unable to find raid targets because everybody is already in anarchy. This would allow for people potentially sleeping at 5AM awake at 5PM (the other reset in their local time) to be online.

In regards to the admins, increased game play means users are encouraged to login more. Because users are now logging in more, additional ad revenue could be generated exponentially.

This is a great idea. Those of us on the bad-side of the update time would have a more level playing field, alliances would be able to split attack teams into different time zones, gameplay would be more dynamic and frantic. Seems like a win-win situation. Any arguments against this?

This has been suggested many times before, and I'm still not sure whether it would be such a good idea or not.

The downsides to this are that nations will be attacked more frequently leading to people wanting to leave the game as a result.

Someone living in a +2 GMT zone (8 AM/PM update times) will have a significant advantage over a nation living in a -5 GMT zone (1 AM/PM update times).

The downsides to this are that nations will be attacked more frequently leading to people wanting to leave the game as a result.

That is a great argument for SE where a new nation has little to no incentive to play because they will soon realize the game is very slow and massively political. However in TE where members are almost always SE players, there is a known and predictable expectation of war. Plus, this would encourage people to login more than once a day so the impact would be nonexistent as for those who login more than once a day, instead of logging in an doing nothing, now there is something to do.

While it would most likely be extremely intresting, and also remove the boredness of just being able to do one thing then having to wait until the other day, and the fact that you would perhaps stand a chance of quadding someone/avoiding one and also being able to preform one, regardless of the time zone you are in. Unfortunaly, as far as I can recall, Admin has, and several mods, said that this will never be implented, be it in TE or normal CN.

I think I'd be very pleased with twice-daily updates on TE. It wouldn't likely change how I play since I only have so much time in a given day (and I play to watch stats and enjoy friendships, not to fight fight fight like so many do), but it would be interesting to watch!

I really don't see how players at midday update would be any more advantaged or disadvantaged than those who play at midnight update. It would be those that can manage BOTH updates consistently that would have a major advantage. I think it would be worth playing that way just for one round to see how it works. LOL Maybe each round the rules could be slightly different, adding yet another bit of uncertainty to how it will all play out.

I, for one, wouldn't be able to be on at EITHER update, but it would give me an excuse to log in again in my evenings.

Edited by Hickersonia

I hope this suggestion continues. An earlier poster said the admin has said this will never happen; I'd like to know the reasons so we can engage in discussion over those. I've thought this well over and I genuinely believe there is no disadvantage to this system. Although I think SE should never consider speeding up, TE is supposed to be "rapid paced" and it definitely is not.

• 2 weeks later...

Double updates would be nice, but the way it should work to be fair is to have it update every 23 hours. That way the reset time rolls around the clock every 24 days.

Double updates would be nice, but the way it should work to be fair is to have it update every 23 hours. That way the reset time rolls around the clock every 24 days.

Thats a real nice idea. This would demand more alliance management too, but I doubt it will be done, as it would probably be deemed too "complicated" for newer players. So far the only argument against having 12 hour updates is that people might leave due to too much fighting?

I fully support this idea. Being a UK player update blitzes are pretty much impossible to carry out (due to working times etc and the necessity of sleep :P). Twice daily updates would make the playing field much more level. Growth would also be highly increased. For example, I just lost 3K strength in 4 days, with once daily updates I have no hope in hell of getting back to nuclear, and thus I won't have as much fun.. But with twice daily updates then getting back to nukes would be made possible.

It will also increase growth in the aspect that navies and wonders will play a much more crucial role in TE, at the moment they seem completely redundant which is a shame.

That would suck, your nation would get deleted in 3hours and 20minutes from 20 updates if you didnt collect......lol

lol

But the point of a 24 hr special is that it would be a super rapid endurance test.

If you fall asleep at 2am and wake at 6 to find your nation gone then thats your problem

I've flagged this for admin to review, but i don't like your chances of it getting implemented.

I appreciate that.

I'd love for the Admin to post the reasons why this has apparently been rejected in the past so we can open discussion about those issues specifically. I think there is inherently more pros than cons to this suggestion and that any argument made against it can be easily defeated.

Even is the most cynical capitalistic way, more activity is a larger incentive to donate which means more revenue for CN.