Transfering Ships and Nukes

Sumeragi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note (while the heli thing is here), and to be sure no one has problems with this, I currently use just over one hundred apache helicopters. But I do not have any bombers; I may roleplay making some soon but a international company will find much more uses in helicopters than bombers.

I tried this, people didn't like my having B-2 stealth bombers when their tech scale said I was late WWII tech.

Well, the only tech scale I follow is based what I have in-game. If you can build it in game, you can build it in RP. There should be no questions asked.

And yeah... who really cares if Apache helicopters come before B-17 bombers? It's not the end of the world. The tech on Planet Bob (in game) is a little wonky anyways, as a nation with no tech can conceivably have automobile production and microchips (due to bonus trade).

Well, the only tech scale I follow is based what I have in-game. If you can build it in game, you can build it in RP. There should be no questions asked.

And yeah... who really cares if Apache helicopters come before B-17 bombers? It's not the end of the world. The tech on Planet Bob (in game) is a little wonky anyways, as a nation with no tech can conceivably have automobile production and microchips (due to bonus trade).

Well, they could always be those cars from The Flintstones. :lol:

(Lavo has RP'd total and utter devastation and was practically annihilated in some capacities, good luck comparing to that)

Notice how I never said nuclear winter - I disagree with nuclear winter because it would be too widespread. Mercy outlined all sorts of things that quite a few people are following and quite a few aren't - many of whom have been purged. In regards to giving away your stuff, when LVN gave Shan his navy it was before HK made his ruling, a ruling you supported. Hypocrisy gains you no points.

Nukes have been given away before and that was before rulings were made - this was exactly why I didn't want to make it because then you (or someone else) would say "well gebiv/lavo/martens/uberstein got to do it why can't I?"

If you have anything more than 'i took a few less nukes' and grandfathering, please let me know. Don't like it? That's a shame, but when I have multiple people (including those who weren't even your enemies in the war) asking for something to be done, I'll do it. If you want to argue this further, that's a shame because it wont' get you anywhere.

I dislike making this decision, but I will make it anyway.

He also had 125 nukes shot at him instead of 5. I RPed tens of millions of casualties. However, blowing up the centers of Beijing and Shanghai, just like blowing up the centers of New York and Los Angeles do not really destroy a countries industry. Centers of cities due to real estate costs tend not to be centers of production in the modern era. Your blowing up corporate head quarters, financial sectors, and government office buildings. Will this have a significant effect on market economies, yes. However, most countries have contingency plans for this in times of total war. That is not to say the GDP of a country wouldn't take a huge dip, its just not crippling. There is a reason minimum deterrence requires a few hundred thermo-nuclear warheads for MAD.

Now in regards to how I RPed the recovery, I had been informed by Mercy the day earlier, too which I did provide logs in a previous topic, that the EMP would not totally cripple me, except for in select areas. I never claimed those areas were instantly rebuilt. What I did say was that foreign capital would be used to augment recovery within the domestic manufacturering sector, which in the UFE was at the heart still a command economy. This would be used for rapid reindustrialization. You seemed to take the speech of a dictatorial regime at face value that the path forward was of relative ease.

Onto sharing of units, I also asked HK-47 about equipment ceded by Merger too me. He said there was no issue with me keeping that. This is stuff that has been produced in the past and is no longer in the hands of the nation producing it. If you wish to ban this stuff that is fine, but attributing hypocrisy or ill will to my transfers, when I did not believe that there was any rule preventing the transfer is simply out of line. If you don't wish there to be further transfers by anyone say so, and the transfers won't have taken place. However, this grandstanding is simply unnecessary and uncalled for on your part. I cited historical examples, I was unaware of the entire scope of the rule change, there is no reason to throw these labels around, it speaks ill of your character as a GM.

Onto my new nation, I have been granted access by Merger to warfactories built in the netherlands that the UFE had at another time. I have also been granted access by VektorZero to his plans, both had full access to UFE databases. I am RPing the industrialization of the Eastern Welsh Empire, afterwhich I see no issue with me having the technology levels which I am proposing.

My access to UFE and German forces is perfectly legitimate and RPed, the only issues which I know of are the navy, specifically centering around my battleship. The Battleship in question has large rail weapons, but there are only 11 of them as opposed to 18 on the Imperial Wellington Battleships, and the tech level of the CSSR and Aoterea are roughly even. I do not see an issue with that. If there is please let me know why.

GMs are supposed to be impartial, rather than talk to me about these problems, you simply go after me for hypocrisy. You don't bother to see if there is a misunderstanding, I think I've been very cooperative and tried to be fair rerolling, if you recall I checked with you before announcing the reroll even to see if my land claim was alright. Furthermore you brought up whether there were ulterior motivations behind this reroll without grounds. I question how you can remain a GM while at the same time show obvious personal animosity, yes.

I have all two extremely short conversations we had on this as logs screenshotted and double-saved. All I told you was that you were allowed to announce it (I'm not a mod, I can't stop you from posting) and that you couldn't share a navy. Anything else is bull.

Your cries of mod bias fall on deaf ears.

edit: I'm leaving. If you don't like it, talk to hawk or mercy. This cannot proceed as a civil conversation.

Edited by Sargun

Onto sharing of units, I also asked HK-47 about equipment ceded by Merger too me. He said there was no issue with me keeping that. This is stuff that has been produced in the past and is no longer in the hands of the nation producing it. If you wish to ban this stuff that is fine, but attributing hypocrisy or ill will to my transfers, when I did not believe that there was any rule preventing the transfer is simply out of line. If you don't wish there to be further transfers by anyone say so, and the transfers won't have taken place. However, this grandstanding is simply unnecessary and uncalled for on your part. I cited historical examples, I was unaware of the entire scope of the rule change, there is no reason to throw these labels around, it speaks ill of your character as a GM.

Only difference: Merger restricted his number of soldiers/ships/nukes/etc, while you did not

And that's what makes the difference. See the problem?

Merger didn't restrict his ships aircraft or nukes. As I said if its a problem, I don't mind not doing it. I am merely pointing out that this is not without precedence.

Which was not what you said back then.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1178719

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1178723

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1178796

Shall we stop rewriting history to fit your needs, Triyun?