Singapore Operations

Tanis777

Well if the opposing forces agree to withdraw our own military units will move in to secure Singapore in a peacekeeping role and to ensure that humanitarian supplies can reach the metropolis. I would also urge my fellow Asian nations to reach a decision on the future of Singapore as a matter of priority.

Edited by Cataduanes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no wish to conduct actual damaging operations, for the mass loss of life over something so trivial is to be avoided. Our suggestion for the fate of singapore is for the people living there to hold a referendum. It is not a decision to be made by outside powers, including us. However, we would support integration into your lands, given the already present land border, and the soon to be present peacekeeping troops, however, final say would lie in the hands of the residents.

My government agrees that the people should be allowed a referendum on thier future, and i hope that Asia can agree that this should take place. The Philippines prime concern is to prevent further conflict and humanitarian suffering on the edge of its borders.

*Coded Message to the Philippines*

We believe that the Philippines has a legitimate claim to Singapore. Contact us if you need diplomatic support.

*Coded reply to Altin Urda*

We are prepared to take control but only once consensus has been achieved throughout greater Asia regarding this latest territorial question in Southeast Asia. For the meanwhile we will be working to prevent any further outbreak of tensions.

Troops from the 5th ‘Asker Malayu’ Tercio (regiment) of Marines have begun leaving their barracks in Kuala Lumpur and are in transit to Singapore, other units in the area such as the 23rd ‘Parameswaram’ Tactical Fighter sqn and naval elements are also on alert in order to support the Marines during their entry into Singapore. In addition Filipino government agencies are also in transit to oversee the distrubution of food and medical supplies to the populace.

UNMILpic-40.jpg

Marines preparing for departure to Singapore.

Glorious Aotearoan will stand down and remove all units from theatre on one simple condition, that the Republic of Tanis removes all troops and discards any claim to the city of Singapore. It is unfortunate that we had that use military force, but as this was the unjustified invasion of the territory of our strongest treaty partner, even with the dissolution of the UFE we had a duty to see that the fate of those lands was chosen by the people of them, not invaders from another country.

The fact that Dragonisia has attacked us, again, again unprovoked, is a disturbing sign, and yet again, we shall give them another chance. A mere apology will be enough to restore relations as long as no further attacks occur.

OOC: I call BS on your knowing they are Dragonisians. They originated from my airspace, so you should actually probably be blaming me. As for the rest of those two posts, of which I am highly doubtful...I'll let Maelstrom deal with it.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Note... the fighting broke out before I landed any troops in Singapore... so I don't have any forces there. They were enroute, but the Neo Japanese got there first, just an FYI.

***Response to Glorious Aotearoa***

Have cease fire with Neo Japan <stop>

We have no troops in Singapore <stop>

Never made it <stop>

Any further offensive measures <stop>

Will be met with pertinent defensive measures <stop>

Across Tanis

With the cease fire with the Neo Japanese at hand... an occastional blasts from elsewhere continued. Most of the mobile units already were scrambling away to new locations. As for the stationary defenses... all of them were knocked out all around Singapore.

Tanisian defense network inside Sumatra was still intact, which included all of it's radar sites. They continued to crank long-wavelengths to help detect stealth air assets. This would continue for 96 hours. If anything came into the blanket of patrolling fighters patrolling nearly the entire length of Sumatra and some of Java... it would be shot down, as long as it broke into Tanisian airspace.

***Response to Glorious Aotearoa***

Have cease fire with Neo Japan <stop>

We have no troops in Singapore <stop>

Never made it <stop>

Any further offensive measures <stop>

Will be met with pertinent defensive measures <stop>

Cease Fire acknowledged <stop>

Fleet withdrawing to north South China Sea <stop>

Was not aware of status of fighting on / around singapore <stop>

Intelligence placed Tanisian troops on objective <stop>

All offensive operations canceled <stop>

Additionally, do you have any knowledge of the attempted Dragonisian attack on the Aotearoan fleet? <stop>

*Movements*

With this transmission, the ships started to turn around, and the mighty guns stopped firing. The fighters were still maintained in the air, as reports on the results of the Dragonisian attack were still sketchy, but initial reports suggested large numbers of the attacking bombers hit, with unknown casualties among the GANAF.

The Fleet started to move to a position in the north of the South China Sea, while the mobilized divisions en route were turned around and started to head back for home.

Edited by LeVentNoir

ooc: LVN, EB-52H's are electronic jamming B-52s.. the chance you would see them a 500 NM from your radars is very negligible. All I see once again is an attempt to take 0 causalities and to know everything, that said, I'm pulling out of the RP with you and will refuse to acknowledge you in CNRP until you learn to abide by the rules of war which indicate no god-moding.. this includes god-fleets. And you automatically knowing they're Dragonisian in nature when they're not even flying out of Dragonisian territory is also an abysmal god mode. I'm using Saborian technology and highly equipped air forces, and while they may not be as good as yours.. you're not going to tell me your fleet, which wasn't expecting this assault, managed to scrambled their fighters in time to intercept before the missiles got airborne. The aircraft in my squadrons are also stealth-capable. When you rp some losses, I'll tell you how many of my air force went down. Until then, I'm going to mirror your actions and declare that my defending fighters merely shot down your AF as they come at them one by one, unable to get a full squadron on target at once before the nightmare was released. Nah, never mind, I actually follow the rules. I'm just not going to bother rping with you.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC:

ooc: LVN, EB-52H's are electronic jamming B-52s..

How was I supposed to know? I took them as B-52's, you know, the kind of plane people think of when they hear anything with B-52 in it, a large 1950's sub sonic strategic bomber. Maybe if they were in that factbook you boast about, then I would have known they were jammers, but, no information on them was listed, so please, unless you are going to list their abilities, don't complain when people get them wrong.

the chance you would see them a 500 NM from your radars is very negligible.

Large unstealthy subsonic bomber. Its very likely.

All I see once again is an attempt to take 0 causalities and to know everything, that said, I'm pulling out of the RP with you and will refuse to acknowledge you in CNRP until you learn to abide by the rules of war which indicate no god-moding.. this includes god-fleets.

You sent an attack, you could have just taken the hit when you ran into the patrol and fired off a few missiles, then I would have taken ship and plane damage, but no, you just have to say that "no, LVNs cheating, somehow he must be".

And you automatically knowing they're Dragonisian in nature when they're not even flying out of Dragonisian territory is also an abysmal god mode.

First, in modern times, planes are identified to type by the type of radar they use, the radar returns they give, the type of flight patterns.... Simply attacking me showed who you are. I would expect anyone could tell, the types of planes in that combo would lead to only a single nation.

I'm using Saborian technology and highly equipped air forces,

Your nation is at 1250 tech or so. I consider every single one of your weapons and units to be at that tech level, regardless of who you bought it from / where the plans were thought up.

you're not going to tell me your fleet, which wasn't expecting this assault,

Fighters and support plane on station., again stating the presence of a combat air patrol, the combat air patrols moving ahead of the fleet. I would say that I intercepted you quite a distance out, with planes already in the air.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: {cont}

managed to scrambled their fighters in time to intercept before the missiles got airborne.

Correction, I already had planes in the air, and when your incoming attack was detected, more were launched.

The aircraft in my squadrons are also stealth-capable.

Semi stealth for the F-60s, and not stealthy at all for the bombers. The fact I have a over 3000 tech advantage over you would render any 'semi stealth' as non stealthy, so, no, to me, they are not stealth fighters.

When you rp some losses, I'll tell you how many of my air force went down.

You flew in, I intercepted with my planes that were in the air before you fired. As the timeline stands, you have not fired a single shot, as you have not gotten closer than the 200 nautical mile target you said in your post. So Rp firing some missiles, and then i'll take some losses. As the Rp stands, I'm the only one who has shot.

Until then, I'm going to mirror your actions and declare that my defending fighters merely shot down your AF as they come at them one by one,

I don't declare I shot you down scot free, or that even any of my fighters survived, I have said I shot at you before reached your appointed place of shooting at me, and am waiting for more reports.

unable to get a full squadron on target at once

I don't need a entire squadron, I have 8 fighters and two missile trucks which have 32 air to air missiles each. Using tactics like

, your incoming attack just got hammered by a massive amount of missiles.
before the nightmare was released.

You said you would fire at 200 nm, I intercepted you before that, so as far as I am concerned, you have not fired your anti ship missiles yet.

Nah, never mind, I actually follow the rules. I'm just not going to bother rping with you.

Where have I broken the rules?

Edited by LeVentNoir

Filipino peacekeepers are now in control of Singapore, Humanitarian supplies are also being distributed. So far their have been no instances of violence since the departure of Tanisian and Aotearoan forces.

Edited by Cataduanes

Filipino peacekeepers are now in control of Singapore, Humanitarian supplies are also being distributed. So far their have been no instances of violence since the departure of Tanisian and Aotearoan forces.

OOC: not entirely true...

IC:

Filipino peacekeepers were welcomed into the city; their presence would be needed once the Imperial Army was withdrawn from the city. The Fleet would stay there in Singapore until an agreement on the city's fate could be reached. In the meantime, an invitation, as per agreement on ceasefire, was issued to Tanis to stake its claims in the Kharbarovsk meeting

the chance you would see them a 500 NM from your radars is very negligible.

OOC: B-52s have MASSIVE radar signatures, and frequency variable radar stands an excellent chance of finding them. Once it. Also, jammers create a massive radar signature, that is their point.

As the Dragonisian bombers were on exit from their deployment zones a few blips showed up on radar, "Sir we've incoming hostiles."

"Copy that, F-60s break rank, go to full Jammers. Men it's been a pleasure serving with you, give it your best fight." The flight commander stated.

... A few seconds later...

"Sir, F-60s are sending a radar feed of the lead fighters." the Lt. Responded.

"Very well, drop LRAAM racks, try to get as many of them off our tail as we can." The pilots on the EB-52H's flicked a few switches as the missile play-loads fell from their bays...

"Missiles away." At 10 missiles per pod, 24 bombers in flight, 1 rack per bomber.. that would be 240 LRAAM's firing at the enemy fighters about to engage the F-60s. (Long Range Air to Air Missiles).

"Sir, we have missile tracks inbound... Deploying chaff, flares, jammers still active. They're still locked on bombers 1-7. Bombers 1-7 down.. I repeat bombers 1-7 have been shot down. Sir, it appears several of our F-60s have also dropped off radar."

"Put out an emergency broadcast to Australasian coalition air forces. We're going to need help up here or we're not going to make it out of here."

ooc: Glad to see you're endorsing people not taking casualties these days Sargun or perhaps you need to talk to LVN about the fact that despite his tech edge I'm using weapons from another country with tech beyond his own. Additionally, high technology has never made anyone in CNRP invincible or there'd be no point in playing.

OOC: B-52s have MASSIVE radar signatures, and frequency variable radar stands an excellent chance of finding them. Once it. Also, jammers create a massive radar signature, that is their point.

ooc: That's part of my point, assuming he'd kill all the bombers once they were in range of his radar before they deployed weapons load-out is a stretch.

Your nation is at 1250 tech or so. I consider every single one of your weapons and units to be at that tech level, regardless of who you bought it from / where the plans were thought up.

ooc: Then you are ignoring the work I am putting into my role play, which offends me.

About the B1-r

ooc: Being the lover of missiles that I am, I know exactly what they are.. and each of my EB-52H's is actually mounted with such a rack. And oddly, I must thank you. I've been looking for a video of that episode from the History Channel for a very long time.

ooc: That's part of my point, assuming he'd kill all the bombers once they were in range of his radar before they deployed weapons load-out is a stretch.

OOC: I'm assuming LVN's radar operates the same way NATO AWACS does. Which is using variable frequency radar to pick up the bombers, and especially with jammers they are going to be a massive radar blip. Then switching to ultra-high frequency which essentially burns through the jamming and locks on to the bombers. Unless they themselves are somewhat radar stealth, which B-52's most certainly aren't, they are impossible NOT to find on radar, regardless of jamming.

ooc: Then you are ignoring the work I am putting into my role play, which offends me.

OOC: We have a tech scale for individual nations for a reason, you know

ooc: Yes, we have a tech scale for a reason, general technology level.. not specific missile purchases.. which I have rp'd and stockpiled.

I can cede the point that the EB-52Hs are not super stealthy, they are just stealthier than the typical B-52. To reduce their signatures they are ram painted and the normally pod mounted jets are moved into the wing structure itself and a BHO system is applied to it. The nose cone is redone to extend it a little and add deflective angles to the surfaces and some surface touch-up work around the frame is done to make the surfaces bounce radar at unusual angles. It doesn't help much, but any advantage gained is still an advantage. You never know when those few touch-ups might cause a missile to lose track.

"Put out an emergency broadcast to Australasian coalition air forces. We're going to need help up here or we're not going to make it out of here."

***Classified***

At this broadcast, several unmanned fighters were dispatched from the closest Aircraft Carrier, approximately 40 NM from their position. Their mission was simple--protect their allies.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: not entirely true...

IC:

Filipino peacekeepers were welcomed into the city; their presence would be needed once the Imperial Army was withdrawn from the city. The Fleet would stay there in Singapore until an agreement on the city's fate could be reached. In the meantime, an invitation, as per agreement on ceasefire, was issued to Tanis to stake its claims in the Kharbarovsk meeting

OOC: sorry about that, not reading all the posts again :blush:

IC: The Filipino Marines entered the city with their commander meeting his counterpart from Neo Japan at the parliament house in the center of the city. With no definate timeframe for the peacekeeping mission specified the Marines will be using the old Military Institute in the Jurong West section of the city as its resident barracks.

Edited by Cataduanes

Your nation and all the weapons in it are 1230 tech. Else you are pulling a sumeragi, and buying weapons and claiming they work exactly as well as the more advanced nbations versions. The tech sharing forumla means even if you bought weapons, (instead of a formal share) they come in and work at the level of the equivilent tech share.

ooc: Being the lover of missiles that I am, I know exactly what they are.. and each of my EB-52H's is actually mounted with such a rack. And oddly, I must thank you. I've been looking for a video of that episode from the History Channel for a very long time.

Cool, nice, except its a complete godmod. See, since you have no infomation on your planes, I am free to consider them to be the same as B-52's which don't have missile truck ability. If you had listed them in your factbook, then I could accept, however, with no such infomation I just cannot accept 240 air to air missiles just appeared out of nowhere. I'll take a lesser number from fighters, as I know they carry air to air, however, B-52's don't.

Also a few questions on the results of your post. How did you detect me? I have stealth planes, more (over 3000 tech above) advanced than your own, so all you could possibly see is the missile trucks if your radar reaches that far. With most (50/82) of the missiles targeted on the bombers, with the methods of detection listed in the factbook, and tracking in on the jamming, how did 50 missiles aimed at 24 planes result in 7 kills?

So my RP will assume little to no damage to your fighters, large damage to bombers, and that the air to air missiles (quite a few, but no more than about 40 (four per each of say, 10 fighters, not 240) came from your fighters.

Edited by LeVentNoir

The Interceptor X's saw the oncoming fighters launch large numbers of missiles, the radar return off them identified them as air to air, so, the pilots fired their other 4 air to air missiles each, then performed a J-turn, using the supermaneuverablity of their planes with post stall contol to quickly reverse direction. As they had fired their own missiles at the edge of max range as long as they retreated the less advanced missiles would run out of fuel or lose what must be a shakey lock if it existed. Once the turn was done, they punched afterburner, and rocketed to more than mach 2.5. Still a few missiles managed to track, and two of them struck one of the eight planes, and it disintergrated into a large fireball.

The pilots of the YF-45s knew that a turn in their large bombers was undoable, so fired off their last 7 missiles each, then went to after burner, sending the large jet flying at over mach two towards the on coming missiles. With the large, unstealthy target, many of the oncoming missiles broke off the retreating fighters, and under the wave of hits they took, the two bombers were shredded.

Radar signals played out in the control centers of the Carriers, and from what was observed, both the missile were seen to drop from the screen, while the fighters turned and came back, one falling off the scan while several of the large blips of the attacking bombers also dissappeared along with some of those of the attacking fighters.

On the ships, active defense was set to full automatic, with radar zorching on stnadby, interception missiles on automatic launch, and the hypervelocity point defense guns slaved to BattleNet, and looking for any thing without a friendly identifier in LOS

*Communication to Dragonisian HQ*

You again have attacked us, this time flying bomber and fighters directly at our fleet with weapons radars on. We demand to know why you are doign this, and infact why you are aggrevating this comflict. Tanis has agreed to a ceasefire, we are pulling out, and you attack us. We wonder about your motives as this is the second time you have tried to attack us in secret, the first moving military submarines into closed waters, now a direct attack on our naval assets with militart planes. Was this one just a pilot error also?