Singapore Operations

Tanis777

Tanisian Command Centre

Since the Neo Japanese thought they were all powerful with their two somewhat large fleets near Banda Aceh and Singapore. The actually thought with those two fleets they could effectively kill the entire armed forces of Tanis. Such the had the naval superiority... but they lacked the most important things to effective kill entire armies... which was troops and airplanes. Being denied in the conference was insulting enough... but this was adding more insult to the TAF. General Makvel was still away in Vaule... but he did leave contingency plans if this were to ever happen... and the time was now that one simply does not mess with the entire nation of Tanis without bring their entire army as well.

At Singapore... unlucky for them... they had little warning as the 16" guns opened fired on the entire fleet there. At the same thing hundreds of anti-ship missiles were launched as well from both stationary and mobile battery positions. Then the large amount of airplanes... number around 200 also launched there missiles numbering in the hundreds as well. The same would be repeated at Banda Aceh. Anything leftover would be cleaned up by an array of bombers, AC-130 gunships, and A-10 Thunderbolts. The focus of all planes would be of course the aircraft carriers.

Edited by Quest07

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: your actions on IRC tell a different story Sargun. Please keep mod bias out of this. Thank you.

IC:

Cyber-attacks on the fixed and mobile positions severely limited targeting as many of the missiles flew off course, and the guns mistargeting. Some were even shut down. Anti-air missiles from the frigates launched flew undeterred to oncoming Tanisian aircraft. 4 whole squadrons (roughly 40 aircraft) were in the air, firing death and OTN missiles into the oncoming group. Continued cyber attacks left much of Tanisian targeting in disarray, forcing a significant number of the craft to use either manual targeting or machine guns.

Several ships of the fleet in Singapore took damage, some already limping to harbor, but the fleet itself was still relatively intact. Rail guns on the battle ships blasted at the coast where cyber attacks had immobilized sever of the mobile defenses, and leveling the fixed ones. The subs meanwhile were having fun playing with any underwater defenses that might have been there.

All in all, a good day so far

Meanwhile, the Southern Fleet still had not advanced into Tanisian waters. They had withdrawn slightly to put them out of harms way, but would continue to hold their positions

Public message to Tanis

Despite your aggression, the Empire still will continue to vouch for Tanisian control over Singapore at the Kharbarovsk Meeting. We ask you yet again to stand down and let diplomacy prevail

OOC: your actions on IRC tell a different story Sargun. Please keep mod bias out of this. Thank you.

OOC: Hey, hey, show some respect. -_-

You don't talk that way to the person who can declare your RP invalid and wipe your nation off the map, right? :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: failure to recognize legitimate war is grounds for automatic surrender and forfeit of your territory and spot on the map

a navy appearing out of nowhere and intelligence he doesn't have is godmodding, not legitimate

OOC: They navy did not appear out of no where, it sailed there, who says it appeared immediately. Second, IG spy odds for electronic intel, so, yeah, 100%.

Its legit, recognize or leave.

IC: With confirmation of overt attacks on Japanese ships, Aotearoan forces have no option to return fire. The Republic of Tanis is just another small nation trying to play empires.

*Movements*

The Fleet moved into position, still out of range in the south chinese sea. With the positions of the fixed defenses known, it was just a matter of knowing where the missiles would come from. CAPs were launched, with missile truck tactical support.

The aim was to moved close enough to Tanisian positions to bombard the fixed guns and missile launchers with rail-gun rounds, while keeping land masses between the ships and the tanisian missile launchers so sea skimming and hypervelocity attacks would not be able to attack, while slower attacks would be able to be intercepted before the became a threat.

Stealth mode was still enforced, so apart from intermittent firings of railguns, no information on where the attacks were coming from could be gleaned.

OOC: They navy did not appear out of no where, it sailed there, who says it appeared immediately. Second, IG spy odds for electronic intel, so, yeah, 100%.

OOC: Sailed in one post, and you have to RP your spying.

OOC: Sailed in one post, and you have to RP your spying.

OOC: Electronic spying has never required RP, and has been automatic on IG odds. If you don't like it, then please, don't enforce your own rules. Human intel spying has been the one needing RP.

Anyway, we have a ooc thread, lets take the rest of this there, and have no more ooc posts in here.

IC:

Cyber-attacks on the fixed and mobile positions severely limited targeting as many of the missiles flew off course, and the guns mistargeting. Some were even shut down. Anti-air missiles from the frigates launched flew undeterred to oncoming Tanisian aircraft. 4 whole squadrons (roughly 40 aircraft) were in the air, firing death and OTN missiles into the oncoming group. Continued cyber attacks left much of Tanisian targeting in disarray, forcing a significant number of the craft to use either manual targeting or machine guns.

Several ships of the fleet in Singapore took damage, some already limping to harbor, but the fleet itself was still relatively intact. Rail guns on the battle ships blasted at the coast where cyber attacks had immobilized sever of the mobile defenses, and leveling the fixed ones. The subs meanwhile were having fun playing with any underwater defenses that might have been there.

All in all, a good day so far

Meanwhile, the Southern Fleet still had not advanced into Tanisian waters. They had withdrawn slightly to put them out of harms way, but would continue to hold their positions

Public message to Tanis

Despite your aggression, the Empire still will continue to vouch for Tanisian control over Singapore at the Kharbarovsk Meeting. We ask you yet again to stand down and let diplomacy prevail

***Classified***

The Neo Japanese engaged wioth the Tanisians would have their own problems. While equal in standard milirtary strength, their security systems were less advanced tham Promised Land's (OOC: I got 70% spy odds on you/OOC), leaving them open to cyber attacks that inhibited targetting, communication, and overall coordination.

IC: With confirmation of overt attacks on Japanese ships, Aotearoan forces have no option to return fire. The Republic of Tanis is just another small nation trying to play empires.

*Movements*

The Fleet moved into position, still out of range in the south chinese sea. With the positions of the fixed defenses known, it was just a matter of knowing where the missiles would come from. CAPs were launched, with missile truck tactical support.

The aim was to moved close enough to Tanisian positions to bombard the fixed guns and missile launchers with rail-gun rounds, while keeping land masses between the ships and the tanisian missile launchers so sea skimming and hypervelocity attacks would not be able to attack, while slower attacks would be able to be intercepted before the became a threat.

Stealth mode was still enforced, so apart from intermittent firings of railguns, no information on where the attacks were coming from could be gleaned.

Message to Aotearoan fleet. (OOC: if this is ruled legitimate/OOC)

"You are violating Australasian Waters. Leave now or face war."

OOC: LVN, electronic spying does diddly squat when the messages are on paper. And his first shots were warnings to stay out of his territory, not an attack.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

***Classified***

The Neo Japanese would have their own problems. While equal in standard milirtary strength, their security systems were less advanced tham Promised Land's (OOC: I got 70% spy odds on you/OOC), leaving them open to cyber attacks that inhibited targetting, communication, and overall coordination.

OOC: if you were nearby I would recognize this, otherwise the distance would severely reduce the effects of the attacks. Not ooc whining, just making a point :3

Edit: also im not in his territory, im in Singapore's waters, which are currently neutral

Edited by Lord Frost

OOC: if you were nearby I would recognize this, otherwise the distance would severely reduce the effects of the attacks. Not ooc whining, just making a point :3

Edit: also im not in his territory, im in Singapore's waters, which are currently neutral

OOC: I do have stuff nearby. during the crisis, I had a fleet about midway between my own land and the ac Protectorate, and the forces I sent there have not been withdrawn either. They're closer than you think. And I edited the post to make it more realistic.

OOC: Electronic spying has never required RP, and has been automatic on IG odds. If you don't like it, then please, don't enforce your own rules. Human intel spying has been the one needing RP.

Anyway, we have a ooc thread, lets take the rest of this there, and have no more ooc posts in here.

OOC: All my project have been done with no electronic equipment attached to the internet or any sort of wireless frequency. So electronic spying is a moot point to my nation in terms of spying. Hence the only way anyone is ever gonna get sensitive information is to actually spy with a real person.

OOC: I do not see what distance has to do with an attack on your computer systems. Please elaborate your point.

OOC: I do have stuff nearby. during the crisis, I had a fleet about midway between my own land and the ac Protectorate, and the forces I sent there have not been withdrawn either. They're closer than you think. And I edited the post to make it more realistic.

OOC: err it hasn't changed at all....and I'd like to see the post where this fleet of yours is (and it's still at a significant distance, so Id still put the odds at 50-60%, but that only leaves me somewhat open to you; 90% odds on tanis XD) <3

also: see people? this is how to have a civil OOC discussion

Edit: @hawk: well cyber effectiveness is effected by distance - further away, weaker signal, stuff like that, and with lack of landlines between nations, how would cyber attacks happen at all?

Edited by Lord Frost

OOC: err it hasn't changed at all....and I'd like to see the post where this fleet of yours is (and it's still at a significant distance, so Id still put the odds at 50-60%, but that only leaves me somewhat open to you; 90% odds on tanis XD) <3

OOC: Subtle's fleet in near Burma... but as far as I know... that could be about a few hundred miles from Banda Aceh.

Edit: @hawk: well cyber effectiveness is effected by distance - further away, weaker signal, stuff like that, and with lack of landlines between nations, how would cyber attacks happen at all?

OOC: See, this is a better way to refute. Maybe we should get more details as to how he's attacking your computer system.

OOC: By sending viruses against various computer systems, electronic grids, etc (something such as DoS sttacks). Ask Triyun, he've used it against several nations before (including mine). :3

<3

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: the first relevant post

second relevant post

Third Relevant post

The topic where they are all located

OOC: Really, you shouldn't call it cyber attacking... if your just attacking my defense network... okay. I assume you use the term cyber attacking as a blanket term to cover everything that is electronically driven. Right?

OOC: Really, you shouldn't call it cyber attacking... if your just attacking my defense network... okay. I assume you use the term cyber attacking as a blanket term to cover everything that is electronically driven. Right?

OOC: yes, but now of all times is not the time to begin specifying how your equipment is suddenly immune to such attacks. I got 90% odds, lets just let it lie at that. Please, for combat threads, this one has been a gem amongst refuse so far. can we get on with it now?

@subtle, well it just seems right to do it now. Set a precedent and what not

Edited by Lord Frost

OOC: yes, but now of all times is not the time to begin specifying how your equipment is suddenly immune to such attacks. I got 90% odds, lets just let it lie at that. Please, for combat threads, this one has been a gem amongst refuse so far. can we get on with it now?

@subtle, well it just seems right to do it now. Set a precedent and what not

OOC: Anyway, if my attacks aganst you are weakened bny distance and fewer forces, so are your against Tanis.

OOC: It's not really weakened by distance.. the US and China would have no hard trouble launching a large-scale attack without worrying about distance, the problem is the actual defenses - which is where the % comes in. The Pacific Ocean is very big =P