Probationary Zero Infrastructure (PrZI)

ironchef

Probationary Zero Infrastructure,

Hello to all of you. I would like to thank you in advance for your opinion of this idea I have came up with. Agreement or opposition all opinions are welcomed and I look forward to seeing what the members of Planet Bob have to say.

This idea and new way of thinking is based on what I have seen in CN in the over 800 days I have been here. The old days of the Perma ZI and this more recent Eternal ZI are in my opinion well over used and it’s time for a change.

Yes some will say I have been a strong advocate of the 2 forms of ZI, but things change and so do people, well some do. This being said I would like to propose a new way of thinking, a new mind set if you will about how to handle the criminals of your alliance and CN as a whole.

Probationary Zero Infrastructure will enact a state in which a member of the community that has committed a crime will be taken to Zero Infrastructure. After that has been done they will be put on lifelong probation or until released by the alliance. They will have to report any alliance change to the alliance that hold the Papers of Probation or PoP for short. That alliance will present the offenders new alliance with the list of crimes, and make it known their new member is on the PrZI list. The new alliance will have to sign off stating that they understand this new member is open to attacks if they violate their probation.

Now for what this all means. If you are on Probationary Zero Infrastructure and you commit a crime for which an alliance feels you should be ZI, you will be ZI. Your alliance will have to stand by and let it happen. There will be no military action taken by your alliance, there will be no aid from your alliance, you will go to ZI again.

My reasons for this change are as follows.

Nuke Rogue: Really this is not all that bad of a crime. So they have nuked you and your members. More casualties is not a bad thing. And to be honest these people almost always do this as a going away gift as they leave CN for good.

Spy attacks on your alliance forums: This is a crime of the worst sort. However the old Pzi and Ezi do not stop this type of attacks. As seen with Vox members they are happy to sit in peace mode and spy away. They can’t be punished for what they are doing because by keeping them in peace mode you can’t attack them for misbehaving over and over again. And for them peace mode is not a punishment it’s a joke.

OOC attacks: This is as low as anyone can ever get. But again these people can keep up the OOC attacks from Pzi or Ezi. Hell some of them don’t even need a nation to do it. And again for them the ZI list is a joke.

I say let them all go and be on Probation. Let them grow their nations. This way if they do commit a crime again or continue to commit crimes, they can be attacked for it and will not get the sympathy they do now from some of the CN community.

So in conclusion I think this would be something fresh and new and bring a different dynamic to the game. If you feel this is something you and your alliance would like to participate in come by the the irc room #PrZI and discuss it and how it can benefit not only you but the entire cybernations community.

Example:

The nation of Micro Technology has commited the crime of nuclear attacks against fellow nations of his old alliance the Western Empire. Western Empire has placed this member on Probationary Zero Infrastructure, He is attacked until Zero Infrastructure, After the wars are declared over he is released and allowed to grow his nation. The nation of Micro Technology wishes to join Nueva Vida, However NV does not wish to sign the Papers of Probation so Western Empire cannot allow the nation to join. Micro Technology goes to join Genesis and they agree to sign the Papers of Probation and Micro Technology is allowed to finally live out his life in an alliance. If he would happen to commit a crime against Western Empire such as an attack on one of their nations or spying etc... He would then be subject to ZI again.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against it. Against perma-ZI and whatnot, it ruins the game. I don't believe in EZI either, it is redundant. I just believe someone should be rolled once and that's the end. Only the most heinous acts should be EZI such as /b/ombing, DDoS, etc. Probation in this sense is illogical in my opinion, once someone is rolled let them continue on. I don't believe in this list because it will add too much nonsense.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Probationary Zero Infrastructure,

Hello to all of you. I would like to thank you in advance for your opinion of this idea I have came up with. Agreement or opposition all opinions are welcomed and I look forward to seeing what the members of Planet Bob have to say.

This idea and new way of thinking is based on what I have seen in CN in the over 800 days I have been here. The old days of the Perma ZI and this more recent Eternal ZI are in my opinion well over used and it’s time for a change.

Yes some will say I have been a strong advocate of the 2 forms of ZI, but things change and so do people, well some do. This being said I would like to propose a new way of thinking, a new mind set if you will about how to handle the criminals of your alliance and CN as a whole.

Probationary Zero Infrastructure will enact a state in which a member of the community that has committed a crime will be taken to Zero Infrastructure. After that has been done they will be put on lifelong probation or until released by the alliance. They will have to report any alliance change to the alliance that hold the Papers of Probation or PoP for short. That alliance will present the offenders new alliance with the list of crimes, and make it known their new member is on the PrZI list. The new alliance will have to sign off stating that they understand this new member is open to attacks if they violate their probation.

Now for what this all means. If you are on Probationary Zero Infrastructure and you commit a crime for which an alliance feels you should be ZI, you will be ZI. Your alliance will have to stand by and let it happen. There will be no military action taken by your alliance, there will be no aid from your alliance, you will go to ZI again.

My reasons for this change are as follows.

Nuke Rogue: Really this is not all that bad of a crime. So they have nuked you and your members. More casualties is not a bad thing. And to be honest these people almost always do this as a going away gift as they leave CN for good.

Spy attacks on your alliance forums: This is a crime of the worst sort. However the old Pzi and Ezi do not stop this type of attacks. As seen with Vox members they are happy to sit in peace mode and spy away. They can’t be punished for what they are doing because by keeping them in peace mode you can’t attack them for misbehaving over and over again. And for them peace mode is not a punishment it’s a joke.

OOC attacks: This is as low as anyone can ever get. But again these people can keep up the OOC attacks from Pzi or Ezi. Hell some of them don’t even need a nation to do it. And again for them the ZI list is a joke.

I say let them all go and be on Probation. Let them grow their nations. This way if they do commit a crime again or continue to commit crimes, they can be attacked for it and will not get the sympathy they do now from some of the CN community.

So in conclusion I think this would be something fresh and new and bring a different dynamic to the game. If you feel this is something you and your alliance would like to participate in come by the the irc room #PrZI and discuss it and how it can benefit not only you but the entire cybernations community.

Example:

The nation of Micro Technology has commited the crime of nuclear attacks against fellow nations of his old alliance the Western Empire. Western Empire has placed this member on Probationary Zero Infrastructure, He is attacked until Zero Infrastructure, After the wars are declared over he is released and allowed to grow his nation. The nation of Micro Technology wishes to join Nueva Vida, However NV does not wish to sign the Papers of Probation so Western Empire cannot allow the nation to join. Micro Technology goes to join Genesis and they agree to sign the Papers of Probation and Micro Technology is allowed to finally live out his life in an alliance. If he would happen to commit a crime against Western Empire such as an attack on one of their nations or spying etc... He would then be subject to ZI again.

Interesting proposal, makes it a bit more complex but heck I do like the concept.

Spying is only a crime of the worst sort IC and this is an OOC forum.

Anywho, this is pretty much exactly what most of us who only use ZI and not PZI or EZI already do, except without forcing people to sign off on something. It's not like it's hard to keep track of people without requiring them to report to you.

Congratulations on figuring out ZI though.

Edited by Delta1212

P-ZI = Fail

In any form, no matter what someone did, unless it was OOC, and even then it should be up to Mod team to take action against them.

Such actions are directly aimed at forcing players to stop playing this game and destroy whole communities.

Those who order other players to be P-ZI should be banned from this game imo.

Couldn't, in the situation you listed, Nueva Vida deny them access even if there were no Probationary status simply knowing that the member who wants to join once was a nuke rogue?

Yes, That is another totally reasonable outcome. Just for the sake of showing how this would be implemented though that is how I made it work. :)

This concept is far more agreeable than PZI and EZI, but there's still quite a bit of room for abuse. The sort of actions which would warrant a PrZI nation being ZI’d again, for example, don’t appear to be defined.

I'd favor this to EZI and PZI as is, but with some added clarification I would undoubtedly support it.

Spying is only a crime of the worst sort IC and this is an OOC forum.

Anywho, this is pretty much exactly what most of us who only use ZI and not PZI or EZI already do, except without forcing people to sign off on something. It's not like it's hard to keep track of people without requiring them to report to you.

Congratulations on figuring out ZI though.

Rose-coloured glasses (imported though they were) sometimes make it difficult to see, I guess.

I've got an awesome idea, what about keeping ZI and PZI for only the worst crimes, like when it was originally handed out, so we don't have to have some complex system of signing off and whatnot that most of us won't pay attention to anyways.

This concept is far more agreeable than PZI and EZI, but there's still quite a bit of room for abuse. The sort of actions which would warrant a PrZI nation being ZI’d again, for example, don’t appear to be defined.

I'd favor this to EZI and PZI as is, but with some added clarification I would undoubtedly support it.

Due to alliance sovereignty this would be left up to the alliance that hold the PoP and the alliance he joins to work that out before they sign off on it. Like with Ezi and Pzi I don’t feel it’s the right of others to tell an alliance what they can put someone on a list for or not. For some a nuke attack will get you on a Ezi list for others it wouldn’t.

This cannot be dictated by a few people. It is at the discretion of an alliance. This is not a perfect system but definately an upgrade.

No form of ZI other than regular ZI is at all justifiable. This idea only creates another form of control in a game community already heavy with player oppression.

This pretty much summed up my ideas. IC acts that would need a punishment should only be ZI in the worst cases, and the not worst cases, maybe a week of attacks, but not ZI. OOC attacks should be dealt with OOC. This idea just makes things more confusing and harder to deal with.

How could a future alliance of said Probationed leader offer any type of protection to the leader? If you hold papers giving you right to attack and he joins my alliance it could cause issues, especially if you decided to invoke your right to attack.

Alliances cannot be expected to just hand over the nation because they signed the PoP of course, They would have to have a solid reason to justify and act on the PoP. This is again at the discretion of the alliance.

I've got an awesome idea, what about keeping ZI and PZI for only the worst crimes, like when it was originally handed out, so we don't have to have some complex system of signing off and whatnot that most of us won't pay attention to anyways.
No form of ZI other than regular ZI is at all justifiable. This idea only creates another form of control in a game community already heavy with player oppression.

Hi Ironchef. Much wub and all that... but I agree with the two quotes above me, mostly.

For anything other than treason and OOC attacks (e.g. on personal property - like we've seen with IRON's forums) ZI is all that's necessary. PZI is even pushing that... In any case, nothing should transfer to a second nation. That's an OOC attack in itself.

So basically it's like putting them on ZI anyway... just unnecessarily fancied up.

Except they are let off???

No one learns there lesson these days anyways. I think most of the stronger characters that make up this game realize it doesn't matter if Infrastructure reads 0.