The War on Terrorism

Markus Wilding

Sgt. Trentalio's squad had successfully pushed the Italians back, yet they still held on to the AA gun like dry paint on a wall. They still had men on the AA gun itself, although a platoon of men held on to the surrounding area. Now, they could just keep killing the men on the gun then call in the air support, but since so many of them were there, every time the gunner died, another took his place. Trentalio had to do something other than stand there and be slaughtered by the incoming reinforcements. They had numbers, air superiority and sea superiority. The only thing left was the air support but it couldn't get through. The Italians were accustomed to fighting Alvonia before, but now Alvonia had a new trick up it's sleeve.

Some of the troops had bayonets. Every troop that had a rifle had a bayonet. Some of Alvonia's weapon experts made bayonets for modern weapons.

Sgt. Trentalio gave the order to fix bayonets. The Italians watched in astonishment as the enemy - one of the most advanced opponents they had ever faced - fix bayonets onto their rifles. Trentalio yelled to charge, and a wave of soldiers rushed towards the Italians, bayonets up, all screaming like maniacs. The enemy then started running - away from Alvonia. They had just up and left after seeing the bayonet charge. Some even left their guns behind.

They had held back the Italian invasion. If they even tried it again, well, there were always bayonets.

---

"Our men on the coast held back the Italians."

"Really? Dare I ask how?"

"Get this. They charged them with their bayonets and the Italians ran screaming like little girls."

"Heh. Shows that even the most advanced nations resort to old tactics sometimes."

"I doubt the Italians are gonna attack us again, though."

"Wrong. The Italians are tough. They'll attack again. Italians are easy to scare. Russians...not so much."

OOC: They're coming in now, just wanted to give a few days for the arrival. Not everything arrives in seconds. ^_^

IC: The "mercenaries" arrived on ferry boats. Of course, only Promised Land and Alvonia knew where they had come from. As soon as the men had arrived, they were split into two and assigned to each front.

---

"The 'mercenaries' arrived."

"Did you divide them and put them at each front?"

"Of course."

"Good. How's about our informant?"

"Doing fine. The team got him out of the Empire just in time."

"Great."

*phone rings*

"Yes, Major General Taylor speaking. ...Alright. I'll tell him."

"Who was that?"

"Commander McNally. The Empire attacked the shore again. Those mercs better get there in time."

---

The squad had relatively little resistance on their way to meet up with the Italians. As they stepped up to a field, they stopped. "Gaz. You smell that?" "Yeah. Andetti." Sgt. Andetti and his men stepped up from their hiding places in the grass. "Captain Stein. My men will give you ground support." He started walking away, but Stein stopped him. "Hold up. You follow my orders. Got it?" "Hm. I guess I owe you one." "Of course." They started going up the hill. "There's a spot on the ridge for your sniper." They got into position around the ridge and Andetti gave the order to commence the attack. Gaz spotted two men setting up machine guns. He took careful aim at one and fired. The second was tougher. He estimated where his head was through the wall and fired. The gun stopped firing. "Good. Now we're getting somewhere. They're going around. Follow me." They found another spot, where Gaz was supposed to snipe. "Andetti, I want that informant." "Then help us! The faster we finish this attack, the faster you get your informant!" They sniped until the men got to a farmhouse. "Let's go! Our informant may still be alive!" "Wait, with a bit more of your sniper support, we can-" Gaz put his weapon up and held him at the cliff's edge. "Enough sniping! We need that informant!" "Che cosa voi pensano state facendo?! Arresto! Arresto! OK, OK, go on ahead..." They rappelled down the cliff and stormed the house. Fortunately every RI Empire soldier was outside. "Can you walk? Are you alright?" "Yeah, I can still fight." "Then let's go. There's a heli waiting for us." They ran to the heli and it took off. The informant turned to Captain Stein. "Has anybody invaded the Empire yet?" "No, why?" "If they do...they're making big mistake. They'll never take the leaders alive."

OOC: WOAH, missed big-time on this ue to RL, epic new Gateway and general forgetfulness. Well, let's make us an epic war!

IC:

---

"Taylor, we got a problem."

"What is it?"

"The Italians used tabun gas on the shore. It's poisoning our men as we speak."

"WHAT?! Don't they know chemical weapons are banned?!"

"If you haven't noticed, sir, they don't exactly follow the rules."

"Well, that's obvious. How soon can we get gas masks up there?"

"Uh...about a day, if we're lucky."

"*sigh*...alright. Send them in."

---

"Sergant! Sergant!" Sgt. Trentalio looked up from his table. A corporal was running towards him like mad. "What? What's the matter Keith?" Cpl. Keith took a second to catch his breath. "Sir...the Italians...used...tabun gas...against...our men...they'll die...soon if...we don't...help them." The corporal put his hand up against his forehead and sighed a bit before standing up. "What should we do, sir?" Trentalio got up and looked the corporal in the eye. "Hold the ground. I'll call command, see if they'll let us fall back to base line Charlie." He got on the field phone and radioed Command.

---

"Sir, call incoming from Sgt. Trentalio. He wants to know if he can retreat to base line Charlie."

"Let him. We need men, not dead bodies."

OOC: Woo! 1000 posts!

IC: Trentalio had permission to fall back. Now they were. "Men! Get up and let's go! Italian's aren't gonna wait for us to finish our coffee before they start gassing us." One of the privates stood up. "Sir, are we gonna get out of this war alive?" Trentalio paused. "I don't know. Now we need to focus on making sure that they can't gas us. If you see any enemy with a green can, shoot them. Smoke them if-" A explosion rocked the barracks. "WHAT THE %&$# WAS THAT?!" "ITALIANS AND RUSSIANS NEAR THE BEACH! THEY GOT ARMOR AND A TON OF NAVAL SUPPORT!" Sgt. Trentalio got up from the floor. "GO! WE'RE SITTING DUCKS OUT HERE! CORPORAL KEITH! YOU TOO! YOU'LL BE SWISS CHEESE IN SECONDS IF YOU STAY!" They ran for their lives, some turning around to shoot at the enemy. Several primed grenades and tossed them backwards, hoping to take down some Russians.

To some, this was their first - and maybe last - taste of combat.

---

"The Empire brought the navy with them."

"Not too suprised. Any way we can get our subs up there?"

"They're already close, but the Italian's don't have destroyers."

"What makes you think I'd be concerned by that?"