The War on Terrorism

Markus Wilding

OOC: Any resemblance to real CNRP or CNRPR/S nations is completely incidental.

IC:

"It wasn't supposed to be like this."

"...I know."

Alvonia was about to be at war with a neighbor. More specifically, the Italian Republic and the Russian Federation. Both had merged to be one, but had not changed their names. Alvonia was one of many to object to this, threatening war, but the two had gone ahead with it. Now the nation was nearing Alvonia's border in a mad expansion process. Alvonia still threatened war, but they kept expanding and kept killing.

Before the two nations had merged, Alvonia controlled the real-life countries of Italy, Germany, Romania, France, Spain. The Russian Federation and the Italian Republic both wanted Germany, Romania and Italy. It was rumored that the two were exchanging secrets for nuclear and biological weapons. Both were part of the Ban of Nuclear/Biological Weapons Act of 2004.

The Russian Federation had controlled about half of the real life Soviet Union. The Italian Federation controlled the real life countries of the British Isles, Scotland, Greenland, and a collection of small islands in the Pacific.

Both had the means and want to invade and control Germany, Romania and Italy. They attempted to invade many times, but every time Alvonia pushed them back. Now they had merged and they could destroy Alvonia's military in a single well-planned, well-executed strike.

Unknown to Alvonia and the rest of the world, the Russian Federation had been building nuclear weapons. The Italian Federation had secretly been helping.

The stage was set for total war, and in a few months, Alvonia and most of Europe would have it.

EDIT: OOC: Forgot to say this, please comment and thanks for reading!

Edited by N Reeki

OOC: Any resemblance to real CNRP or CNRPR/S nations is completely incidental.

IC:

"It wasn't supposed to be like this."

"...I know."

Alvonia was about to be at war with a neighbor. More specifically, the Italian Republic and the Russian Federation. They had merged to be one, but had not bothered to change their names. Alvonia was one of many to object to this, threatening war, but the two had gone ahead with it. Now the nation was nearing Alvonia's border in a mad expansion process. Alvonia still threatened war, but they kept expanding and kept killing.

Before the two nations had merged, Alvonia controlled the areas once known as Italy, Germany, Romania, France, Spain. The Russian Federation and the Italian Republic both wanted Germany, Romania and Italy. It was rumored that the two were exchanging secrets for nuclear and biological weapons. Both were part of the Ban of Nuclear/Biological Weapons Act of 2004.

The Russian Federation controlled about half of the Soviet Union. The Italian Federation controlled the territories of the British Isles, Scotland, Greenland, and a collection of small islands in the Pacific.

Both had the means and want to invade and control Germany, Romania and Italy. They had individually attempted to invade many times, but each time Alvonia pushed them back. Now they had merged and they could destroy Alvonia's military in a single well-planned, well-executed strike.

Unknown to Alvonia and the rest of the world, the Russian Federation had been building nuclear weapons. The Italian Federation had secretly been helping.

The stage was set for total war, and in a few months, Alvonia and most of Europe would have it.

EDIT: OOC: Forgot to say this, please comment and thanks for reading!

OOC: Hmm, nice so far, though it's very obviously a rough draft. I changed a few things that I could see that would make it better... and I took out a couple words.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Alvonia had a special ops division of the military, called the Oberstes Korps. They were trained mostly for anti-terrorism missions, and today they were going on a mission to get coffee and doughnuts. Problem is, the coffee and doughnuts is actually a nuclear crate. And the Russian Federation has their hands on it. It was near the RF town of Grenti, close enough to the Alvonia/RF border that it could look like the soldiers mistook the stronghold for a terrorist group's hideout.

It was close to midnight, but the place where the package was had no floodlights, instead it was heavily guarded.

"This...may pose a problem."

"Really Gaz? And here I was thinking we could just walk in there and walk out with it."

"Both of you can it. The keyword here is 'stealth'. Failing that, we'll just have to blow the place to hell and back. Either way we need that nuke. Let's go."

The small 5-man team then silently got into position, with the team's sniper, Gaz, aiming for the guards. "Gaz, do it." Gaz aimed for the highest guard and pulled the trigger. He had a silenced M21, so the guards only heard their comrade fall to the floor with a yelp. "Alright, let's go. Gaz, snipe anybody that gets close. We'll be along the treeline. We'll let you know when we need you." "Got it." The team, still trying to be silent, walked along the treeline. Gaz kept sniping and in a few minutes, he radioed the team's captain. "All guards along the top down. No others in sight sir." "Good, go around back and cut the power when I tell ya." "Roger that, sir." The captain -a quick glance at his badge would name his as Gregory Stein- turned to his team and said, "Weapons ready?" All replied with yes. "Then let's do this. Gaz, cut the power." "Done." "Meet us in there when you find a way in. Team, activate night vision."

The team silently walked into the stronghold. An RF soldier called to one of his comrades, "Виктор! Electricity' s вне!" He was silenced. "These night vision goggles make it too easy." Another RF soldier was walking along the wall with his pistol out, calling "Кто-нибудь там…?" A new team member named Miller took him out. Miller forgot to put his silencer on, so literally every RF soldier heard his shots. "Самолет-нарушитель! Убейте его!" RF soldiers poured in from everywhere, and one by one the team took them out. Gaz walked in and said, "Now, what were you saying earlier, Captain?" "Shut it and fight! Gaz, find the nuke! Miller, go with him! The rest of you, plant C4 around the building supports! NOW!" "What about you, sir?" "Forget about me, just go find that damned nuke!" "Right away sir!" Gaz and Miller raced through the corridors, killing any RF soldier they found along the way. "It's got to be here somewhere..." They found the nuke in an empty room. "Sir, we found the nuke." "Good, clear it for transport. There should be a helicopter arriving in about 10 minutes. Get that nuke out of there and outside by then!" "Roger that..." Gaz and Miller looked at each other. "How are we gonna move this thing?!" Gaz looked around-and saw a forklift. "I've got an idea..."

I would suggest having someone on the team say the coffee and doughnuts line (that you stole from a movie), rather than the narrator.

OOC: Actually, I stole the coffee and doughnuts line from COD3.

OOC: /me facepalms at COD4 reference

OOC: There actually are a lot of COD4 references in there. If you can translate Russian well, the Spetsnaz operatives in the 4th? mission say things similar to the Russian stuff I threw in there.

Gaz and Miller were transporting the nuke outside, but since they had to put the headlights on, every RF soldier there was shooting at them-badly. "Uh, not trying to complain or anything, but are these guys actually trying to kill us?" Gaz cracked a smile and said, "I dunno. But they're doing a lousy job at it." Miller got off and tried to open an electronic door. "That's not gonna work...get the nuke back a bit, I'm blasting this door open." Miller complied and drove the forklift back. Gaz got out his G36C and readied the grenade launcher. "This thing's gonna go boom." He aimed at the door and blew a nicely sized hole in it. "Let's get this thing outta here." They set it down and radioed the heli pilot. "Package secured...look for the garage door with a hole blown open." They both ran back into the base to assist Cap. Stein.

Privates Hunter and Lufner had the C4 planted and ready to explode. "C4 ready, sir." "Good, let's get out of here!" Gaz, Miller, Stein and the rest were out after some intense fighting. "Hunter, do it." Hunter set off the C4 and the stronghold went down, killing everyone inside. "A mission well done, team...let's go home." The helicopter had just arrived, and the pilot asked, "Hey, Delta, we uh, hehe, we miss anything?" "Just in time, Big Bird...just in time."

Days later, RF and IR were outraged at the event, calling it "an unprovoked attack" and threatening war. Alvonia replied by simply saying "Go ahead, show the world how violent your mindset is. We'll get worldwide support when you attack us."

RF and IR began mobilizing their military, and officially renamed themselves to the "Russo-Italia Empire".

It had finally happened. The Italians struck near the Germany territory, while the Russians made a massive movement near Romania. Both were being held back, but desperately needed reinforcements.

"Blood and iron...it's the Russo-Italia Empire's motto."

"And our eventual deathkneel. Think they'll go for diplomacy?"

"Too late for diplomacy. We just need to stave them off till winter."

"Why winter?"

"Then it'll be our turn."

"Gaz...it's happened." Gaz turned in his chair. "What has?" Captain Stein had a contorted look on his face. "War. We've got a two-front war here, maybe more if the Russo-Italia Empire brings friends." Gaz shook his head while saying, "So we're bringing a knife to a gun fight?" "No...just a small gun to a big gun fight. Gear up, we're headed out. We'll get details later."

"This is bad."

"Not as bad as this...just got this report from our informant in the Russo-Italia camp. We got several nukes at stake here. If they detonate these towards us..."

"Millions of people...gone just like that."

"And unless we can deactivate these nukes, then they either kill their people or ours. No good way around it. Both ways those nukes are going off."

"DAMMIT! Why didn't we see this before?!!"

"Our informant was just recently put in the camp, he couldn't have known before!"

"But still-!"

*phone rings*

"What?! ...Oh *%$@...Alright, I'll tell him..."

"Who was that?"

"Major Gordon. Our informant has been captured. He'll be executed unless we can save him."

OOC: If you want, you can respond IC as if you had your claims...some people like the Welsh Empire and many others won't have theirs, I'm afraid... :(

OOC: I like that line..."A small gun to a big gun fight."

Now, since I'm in Australia...I think I'm safe to post.

IC: ***Classified***

Promised Land officially made no comment. However, they quietly sent approximately 20,000 men to support the beseiged nation, along with a proportional number of armored vehicles and air support craft. If they were caught, there would be no indication of what nation they came from, and could easily be passed off as mercenaries.

"Well...we gotta find our informant. Only thing standing between us? About 500,000-someodd Russians and Italians." Gaz gazed at the border through his binoculars, saying "One hell of a fight in front of us." Stein sighed and said, "At least we have some help from our friendly neighborhood Italians." Gaz lowered his binoculars. "Are they the good Italians or the bad ones?" Miller spoke up. "They won't shoot us on sight if that's what yer askin'." Gaz cracked another smile. "That's good enough for me."

---

"So...it looks like our men are getting closer to our informant."

"Good. Better then him being dead."

"Well, if the keep silent, they won't know they're there. If all hell breaks loose, however..."

"I get it. Let's just make sure they don't become numbers on a newspaper."

*slam*

---

"We need reinforcements! I repeat, we need some bloody reinforcements!" Sgt. Trentalio's squad was pinned down by the enemy. They had RPDs, M60s, SAWs, every light machine gun known to man. Trentalio had air support, but the Italians managed to take their anti-air defenses, so no chance of their aircraft or helicopters coming anytime soon. "Sir!" A private run up to him, took cover-and saluted him. Trentalio threw the private's hand down. "What is it, Private..." He glanced at his badge. "Vilardo?" The private stuttered. "Enemy APCs arriving from the coastline! They're heavily armored and our stuff isn't taking them down!" Trentalio took a moment to think. "Try anything! Pop smoke and throw some C4 on them if you have to!" "Right away sir!" "Then quit wasting my time and GO!" He then ordered his squad to focus all fire on all machine guns.