literacy rates?

jaffa cake man

Ok i'm new to this game and need some info.

What affects the literacy rate of your nation and how do you find out what the current rate of your nation is?

Does literacy rate affect anything other than the Scholars bonus resource?

I like the dark chocolate coated jaffa cakes the best :o - jaffa cake man

Technology affects your literacy rate. Something around 400 technology gets you 100% literacy.

The current rate is found in your Extended display tab.

It only affects the Scholars bonus, nothing else.

I've never had those but they sound good. :P

but the rate doesn't really matter except for the scholars bonus right?

Technically, there's one other area which Literacy Rate does factor into. However, since there's such a heavy correlation between literacy rate and technology, most people attribute its impact to technology. At the end of the day, though, it doesn't make much difference, since you'll have to purchase the tech to pass the literacy rate marker regardless.

Technically, there's one other area which Literacy Rate does factor into. However, since there's such a heavy correlation between literacy rate and technology, most people attribute its impact to technology. At the end of the day, though, it doesn't make much difference, since you'll have to purchase the tech to pass the literacy rate marker regardless.

oh, i see...

ok thanks! and for raskull too. i just never got that whole thing before :P

Indeed you are correct. Sorry for the misinformation.

do a simple search on the forum and answer is literacy < a certain level, env +1 (bad thing)

unfortunately, I didn't exactly test that level(and can't these days) so something for new nations to test out. :)

do a simple search on the forum and answer is literacy < a certain level, env +1 (bad thing)

Well, you took all the fun out of it... :) Are you sure that has been revealed on the forums? I don't recall seeing it ever. (I'm too lazy to do a search though.)

I just figured it out myself after reading Janquel's post. I had previously attributed the bonus/penalty (depending on how you look at it) to tech only.