The Romanov Dynasty?

Comrade

Kotka Military Hospital

Psychological Evaluation Ward

A doctor moves past several rooms. Various sounds, ranging from screaming to singing, are heard. He stops infront of one patients room for awhile. He takes down the chart and reads it off....

Patient: N. Romanov

Diagnosis: Severe PTSD, Alcoholism, Substance Abuse.

Summary:

N. Romanov has suffered for many years from PTSD, brought on by his Service with the Russian Federation in Chechnya. While he has yet to comment on what happened, and his Dossier is sealed, we assume it was bad enough to not only bring on his Alcoholism, but his PTSD proper. Romanov has a history of substance abuse aswell, dating back as far as High School. His association with one Anna Ivanova made this clear. Both of them have been arrested several times for Possesion in the past.

Toxicology Screens revealed several chemicals that have altered his brain severely, making effective medication treatment hard to use. The effects may make him worse. As of now, Nikolai is being put on Suicide Watch and has been replaced by his Brother and the Senate for the meantime.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikolai paces around his room for several minutes, deep in thought. He stops and looks at his desk chair. He picks it up and throws it at the glass door, distraught when it does not shatter.

"Voxing shatter proof glass!" he yells, picking the chair back up and sitting at the desk. Anna Ivanova comes in a few minutes later, food in hand.

"Hi Niko! Brought ya some decent food. Hospital stuff stinks!" she says cheerfully, putting the tray down. She gives Niko and hug and a kiss before handing the food over.

"So...hows everything?" she ask with a small smile.

"Id rather not talk about it." He replies, eating the pizza she brought slowly.

"Whats up niko?" she says with a concerned voice.

"It...it's that dream again. The one where I come to the chechan villiage...covered in blood..." he chokes out before breaking down. Anna rushes to his side and comforts him.

"Its ok Niko...."

Anna sits next to him, holding him, until he calms down enough....

erv0-035.jpg

Kotka Military Hospital's resident Psychologist Doctor K walks into Romanov room. He is sitting at his desk writing some papers with Anna sleeping on the bed. The doctor smiles at her and looks at Niko.

"Mr. Romanov, I see you have calmed down. How are your dreams?" He ask, taking a seat.

"Ehh....Ok Doc. They come and go." Niko replies, finishing his writing. He folds the paper into the desk and looks at the doctor.

"Well, from what we see you are progressing fairly well. I just have a few questions."

"Sure Doc, go ahead." Romanov replies, looking with a blank face.

"What is your relationship with Anna? You two seem very close." The Doctor ask, taking out a pen.

"We are...very close. We both had a rough childhood. I met her when she was in High School. She is just a ball of fire and intelligence....To be honest I love her...." he replies, trailing off.

"Are you aware she does various types of Drugs?"

Romanovs eyes go wide with a mix of emotions.

February, 2000

Moscow, Russian Federation

20 Year old Anna Ivanova stumbles into her home after a massive Rave. She is giggling and overall happy.

Until her mothers hand connects with her skull. Anna falls to the floor in part pain, part pleasure as the drugs in her system combine.

"You Stupid Vox! You go out and party and be a harlot and do NOTHING!" Her mother screams, extremely intoxiacted. The abuse goes on for a few minutes until the mother keels over from the booze. Anna crawls into her room and Calls Romanov. He is currently stationed in Siberia for putting down some movement.

Anna then goes to her only friends.....She talks to them as the Snow, the Grass and the Pure Pleasure enter her once again.

-------------

Present Day

Kotka, Molakia

Anna Ivanova shudders in her sleep as the dreams come to her now. Romanov and the Doctor continue to talk.

Several Minutes later, Anna wakes up. She sees Romanov playing a video game.

"Hey Niko.....What ya playing?" she speaks, wiping the tiredness from her eyes.

"Saints Row 2, Want to play?" he replies, throwing a controller over.

"Sure! Just let me use the Ladies Room." she pipes up, walking out. Romanov nods his head and goes on as Anna enters the bathroom. Seeing no cameras, she puts her stuff down and becomes one with her snow once again....

Nikolai Romanov adjust his clothes in the reflection of his TV (For mirrors are not alowed, patients use them as weapons).

amylee_barefoot.jpg

"Niko, You look fine!" Anna says from the bed, covering herself in the sheets.

"I know anna...I just heard this guy wanted to meet with me. Gotta be prepared..." he says, taking a shank and putting it into his sleeve. He kisses Anna goodbye and heads out into the outdoor courtyard. He sits down and starts enjoying the crisp morning air and his morning cup of Coffee.

(OOC: Come on in Subtle.)

OOC: Oh, that was fast.

IC: Anthony Harlem also was feeling refreshed by the crisp, cool air. It made him feel alive like nothing else did. He'd been told that Romanov would be sitting down somewhere in the courtyard, and that was correct--at least it appeared so. He couldn't actually see the man's face, as he was approaching from behind.

He paused, about thirty yards away, considering if this was the right course. When one considered his near identical appearance to Baron Uberstein and this man's violent reaction to anything having to do with the Baron, he was having second thought. But he quickly squashed them, and approached once more.

"Nikolai Romanov?" he asked in perfect Russian as he got within 15 yards. Close enough to be heard, but far enough away that he hopefully wouldn't startle the man. That he even sounded like the man he resembled probably wouldn't help...

"What can I..." Romanov speaks in russian, as he turns around. He does not finish, and notices the mans looks.

"If you be Uberstein you will not leave here alive. If you are not, I suggest you tell me who you are before I have you executed." Romanov growls, prepping his shank....

"What can I..." Romanov speaks in russian, as he turns around. He does not finish, and notices the mans looks.

"If you be Uberstein you will not leave here alive. If you are not, I suggest you tell me who you are before I have you executed." Romanov growls, prepping his shank....

"You? Have me executed?" he said, crossing his arms over his chest as he stopped where he had spoken. He almost looked amused at the thought of Romanov's threat. "No, I think not...besides, I am not the tyrant you speak of. I am merely cursed with an uncanny resemblance. And if you'll look more closely, you'll see my hair is not grey, either, but black."

He stood there, relaxed, simply staring at Romanaov, and waiting to either be offered a seat, to be attacked, or to be told to get out. He was prepared for any of these options, and several others besides.

"What do you want?" Romanov ask, tired of speaking his mother tongue with this....being. He stares at one of his guards and nods him closer, incase this man is a threat.

"While i have no political power at this time, I am still Tsar, so I can do what needs to be done for the "safety" of the realm."

"What do you want?" Romanov ask, tired of speaking his mother tongue with this....being. He stares at one of his guards and nods him closer, incase this man is a threat.

"While i have no political power at this time, I am still Tsar, so I can do what needs to be done for the "safety" of the realm."

He switched languages easily enough. "Oh? I thought your brother took that title? The brother you thought dead?"

With a glance at the guard, he shook his head. "I am no threat, so long as you do not attack me."

Deciding he'd probably not get an invitation to sit, he simply folded his legs underneath him and sat on the grass where he was. "I came to discuss a certain...former friend of yours."

"Oh? What about this friend." Romanov notes, lighting a cigar. One of the nearby doctors starts to move over, who quickly turns around once he sees who it is.

"As for my brother...I considered him Missing, not dead. He is currently President of Molakia until I am deemed fit to return. The Molakian Senate has not decided to make my title either Heriditary or otherwise...yet.

"Oh? What about this friend." Romanov notes, lighting a cigar. One of the nearby doctors starts to move over, who quickly turns around once he sees who it is.

"As for my brother...I considered him Missing, not dead. He is currently President of Molakia until I am deemed fit to return. The Molakian Senate has not decided to make my title either Heriditary or otherwise...yet.

Harlem shrugged. "Whatever. I didn't come here to banter about titles and just who rules what. I came to defend a lady's honor. Does that tell you who I wish to disuss?" His face took on a hard edge, as if his emotions were seething just under the surface--which they were. No other sign was given as to his feelings on the matter.

"If you are referring to a particular Hanseatic woman, be out with it. I care not for her. What she does with herself is her own buisness, ill keep to my own. Why should i care about someone who live on the other side of the planet?" Nikolai replies.

"If you are referring to a particular Hanseatic woman, be out with it. I care not for her. What she does with herself is her own buisness, ill keep to my own. Why should i care about someone who live on the other side of the planet?" Nikolai replies.

"Well, that's certainly an improved attitude from blaming all the recent problems of your people on her. Especially considering you drew a gun on her for something that was not her fault." The last part came out as an angry hiss despite his self-control.

The guard noticed this angry hiss and drew his weapon.

"Watch your tone boy. I may not care, but my guards are trained to take someone out without hesitation." Nikolai replies with a laugh. He nods to the guard to put his gun down.

"I blamed her for the pain she caused my people from the nuclear attack on Helsinki. Whose lands are downwind from there? MINE. As for fault....the naive girl should have thought better about invading with rowboats and a cheap army."

"Oh, relax, put your gun away. I didn't come here to do violence," he said to the guard, apparently perfectly calm once more. "The other guards already searched me for weapons, and I am not within striking distance of your charge."

Turning to face Romanov once more, he continued as if the interruption had not happened. "And please tell me...just how was she suppose to read the future? By gazing at the stars?" He scoffed at the very idea. "If you had any true sense of honor left, even a shred, you would not blame her."

"If anything, you should blame the Germans for your losses, for using such a weapon on a defenseless nation in the first place. But all that pales next to one thing...everything you and your people lost can be re-gained, re-built. You think you have it bad? At least you are still alive and relatively healthy--unlike those poor souls in Helsinki. You even have a woman who loves you, and a brother who still lives. No, whatever losses you think you've suffered, they are nothing compared to what others have lost! Nothing compared to what I have had and lost."

"One does not war against another nation without thinking...thats atleast what true leaders do. Had Tintagyl thought about it, war against Germania would have not happened. The detriments outweigh any benefit. While it is fine to have honor, it is better to live and prosper. Her people payed for her ignorance with their lives. As for my people...who knows? They may die of cancer, become sterile...death is quick when you are blown apart. For the rest of us...." Nikolai finishes, trailing off for dramatic effect.

He gets a very serious facial expression.

"Do not tell me about loss. What did you lose? A wife? A child? I lost friends. Ive seen my nation crumble. Ive seen family die on the streets. Ive also murdered, slaughtered and abused innocent people in the name of a country! Ive lost my mind trying to find ways to repent!"

"One does not war against another nation without thinking...thats at least what true leaders do. Had Tintagyl thought about it, war against Germania would have not happened. The detriments outweigh any benefit. While it is fine to have honor, it is better to live and prosper. Her people payed for her ignorance with their lives. As for my people...who knows? They may die of cancer, become sterile...death is quick when you are blown apart. For the rest of us...." Nikolai finishes, trailing off for dramatic effect.

He gets a very serious facial expression.

"Do not tell me about loss. What did you lose? A wife? A child? I lost friends. Ive seen my nation crumble. Ive seen family die on the streets. Ive also murdered, slaughtered and abused innocent people in the name of a country! Ive lost my mind trying to find ways to repent!"

He clenched his fists, but kept them clamped firmly under his folded arms. "You are an arrogant fool if you think your losses are the only ones that are significant. No, the losses I listed are only examples. Do not delude yourself into thinking you have more right to wallow in self-pity and guilt than anyone else. I, too, have lost friends, including my brother. I, too, have seen my original homeland of Russany crumble and burn to ashes because a few deluded fools could not come to the negotiating table. I, too, have committed despicable acts that will continue to haunt me to my dying breath! You think that the only one who can commit atrocities is a soldier? Think again. I have sown anger, strife, and discord in the name of my new country. You do not tell me about guilt." He poked a finger at Romanov to emphasize that sentence before tucking the hand back under the other arm.

"Also, I say again...HOW was she to know that Germany would use a nuclear weapon? Yes, she expected her nation to fall, I have no doubt of that. But you must have missed the outcry from around the world when Helsinki was nuked, and the nations that rallied to condemn Germany for that despicable act. If they did not expect it, how could she? Use your brain...I know you are not stupid, though judging from your actions, you seem to want others to think that." At this, he let a hint of the sneer he felt show through, for just a moment.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder