Confused..

James Sandeigo

Theres more than just one RP.

-There is the "standerd" CNRP, and a link to the world map above in Sargun's post. Check out the CNRP guidelines for details, and/or ask more questions.

-Then there is CNRPR (CNRP Realism), and its map here.

-Finally, there is CNRPS (CNRP Spore).

Of course, you can still make your own RP.

If your desired territory is unavailable, or you are unable to find suitable territory you are not required to play a nation; Non-State Actors including but not limited to criminal organizations, international media outlets, multinational corporations, non-governmental organizations, private military companies, or even religious groups are entirely acceptable in CNRP (probably also in CNRP-R).

If your desired territory is unavailable, or you are unable to find suitable territory you are not required to play a nation; Non-State Actors including but not limited to criminal organizations, international media outlets, multinational corporations, non-governmental organizations, private military companies, or even religious groups are entirely acceptable in CNRP (probably also in CNRP-R).

By criminal organizations you mean terrorist groups, right? There are not enough of those :(

By criminal organizations you mean terrorist groups, right? There are not enough of those :(
Playing something like that would be extremely controversial.

I was thinking more of criminal syndicates or international conspiracies.

Example of criminal syndicate: the Mafia as played by Don Brando

Example of international conspiracy: Slavorussian Dark Hand

That would be fun to RP as, but how would that work tech wise? Or in the terms of ingame stats?
Only one person has actually tried, and it was a nation whose leadership happened to be a criminal syndicate. A criminal syndicate as a non-state actor would be played similar to an international corporation, with similar roleplaying modifiers (based on in game stats) to nations.

Playing something like that would be extremely controversial.

I was thinking more of criminal syndicates or international conspiracies.

Example of criminal syndicate: the Mafia as played by Don Brando

Example of international conspiracy: Slavorussian Dark Hand

The Dark Hand is what I had in mind when saying terrorist group.

Only one person has actually tried, and it was a nation whose leadership happened to be a criminal syndicate. A criminal syndicate as a non-state actor would be played similar to an international corporation, with similar roleplaying modifiers (based on in game stats) to nations.

So 50 soldiers=50 thugs?

Or something akin to that? I don't really see how we can apply tech to a Criminal Syndicate, seeing as they could just go out and buy better weapons.

But then again, thinking about such things was never my strong point..

So 50 soldiers=50 thugs?
50 soldiers=50 thugs

1,000 citizens = 1,000 supporters

I don't really see how we can apply tech to a Criminal Syndicate, seeing as they could just go out and buy better weapons.
Technology represents the level of equipment the criminal syndicate can attain, distribute, or utilize.

So 10 tech=10 pieces of equipment?

If only it were that easy...

Technology chart for CNRP-R

1: 1905

10: 1935

100: 1965

250: 1977

500: 1986

750: 1991

1000: 1995

1500: 2000

2000: 2004

2500: 2007

3000: 2009

3500: 2011

4000: 2013

4500: 2014

5000: 2016

6000: 2018

Edited by Generalissimo

Rather than start a new one, i'm just going to hijack this thread:

So theres 3 types of RPs? CNRP, CNRPRealistic, CNRPSpore? What are the differences?

To RP, do we use the main forum, or the subforums? Whats the difference between fantasy and Game related RP? the definitions aren't really helpful.

yes, I read : http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=47898

So theres 3 types of RPs? CNRP, CNRPRealistic, CNRPSpore? What are the differences?

To RP, do we use the main forum, or the subforums? Whats the difference between fantasy and Game related RP? the definitions aren't really helpful.

CNRP is the classic CNRP.

CNRPR and CNRPS/Aegis are new.

CNRPR is very strict with its stuff. Factbooks are required.

CNRPS/Aegis is about as strict as CNRP, imo, though you can use your own self-made races/species and some other fun stuff.

As an addition to answer your other question.

Fantasy RP is what you actually do outside of the game like playing a war, diplomacy that does not affect you in-game. CNRP/R/S happen in this forum

Game Related RP is for example you buy a wonder and want to rp it or you have an in-game event and want to rp it. In essence they aren't that different with the change that Fantasy RP allows things not actually happening in-game