Development of a Super Gun.

Malatose

**Top Secret**

The Kaiser of the Reich had summoned his top military researchers to his palace. Among them was the president of Krupp Steel, Stahl Arms, plus other officials from the Department of Military Research and Military High Command. They were there to discuss an important subject: The development of a new Super Gun capable of reaching targets thousands of miles away. The men stood around a circular table, looking at the proposed schematics presented by Krupp Steel. The sheer size of the gun was amazing and larger than anything before it. Needless to say, it would make the Schwerer Gustav look like a child's toy.

As the men discussed the proposed design, the Kaiser, himself, walked into the room. He was wearing a suit, which was unusual considering he always wore his military uniform. Each of the men nodded their heads in respect and backed away from the table, allowing the Kaiser to get a better look.

"You should know why you're here." stated the Kaiser

All the men nodded and waited for Visari to continue speaking.

"As a nation of worldwide enemies and threats, we must always be prepared. I have built up our military and our defenses to ensure our safety. However, we will always have those that dare try us. That is why we need a deterrent; a weapon capable of defeating and scaring our enemies into submission. The Behemoth is only one step in that direction. This will be the last and final." Stated the Kaiser

After speaking, the Kaiser stepped back and waved his hand at the President of Krupp Steel. He slowly stepped forward, leaning towards the design on power.

"Your Majesty, I share your sentiments. We need something that is easily concealable; yet, it must pack a heavy punch." He stated and pointed to the design of a gun on the table.

pulsexxq.jpg

"Yes, this gun will be massive. There is no way around that. However, the sheer power will be worth it. With the right propulsion, we can push a projectile well over 1,000 - 1,500 nautical miles, maybe more if we put a SCRAMjet or RAMjet round, although we haven't worked out the technical feasability of that" the President said.

"Propulsion..how will that be handled?" the Kaiser asked.

General Heydrich, from the Department of Military Research, stepped forward and began to explain the propulsion for such a system.

"Propulsion was the tricky part, your majesty. But we have worked out the kinks. This system will use Nuclear Charge Projection. Basicly the rear cannister contains a sub kiloton shaped tactical nuclear charge, which is detonated. This volatises the silcone gel propellant in the discharge unit thing which in turn hits the ablative rear of the shell, rocketing it into the sky and towards its intended target." He stated, as he backed away from the picture.

"Simply, beautiful. Begin this project at once. I want a detailed report everyday on it's progress. Do I make myself clear?" the Kaiser asked.

The soundx of "yes, sir" echoed throughout the room. And just like that, one of the greatest projects of German military history was about to begin.

Edited by Malatose

ooc: I think he's using the wrong terminology. THe correct terminology would be nuclear charge propulsion if my assumption is correct. He's going to use a nuclear explosion to propel his projectile down the barrel instead of a traditional powder based charge such as gunpowder.

OOC: ^Basically. As Mael stated, I got the terminology confused.

Edited by Malatose

ooc: I think he's using the wrong terminology. THe correct terminology would be nuclear charge propulsion if my assumption is correct. He's going to use a nuclear explosion to propel his projectile down the barrel instead of a traditional powder based charge such as gunpowder.

OOC: Then shouldn't a IG nuke be used each time this thing is launched?

OOC: And to hit targets 1000 miles away? One of the fastest missles on earth travels 1,653.67711 nautical miles per hour. This shouldnt go too much fast considering this "bullet" is huge. Also consider this thing will easily be noticable for its small radiation expulsion. So if it doesnt explode on launch, it will be hit after its fired. Nevermind a target 1000 miles away will have a little less than a half hour to get out of the way...or shoot it down with another targetting missile.

OOC: And to hit targets 1000 miles away? One of the fastest missles on earth travels 1,653.67711 nautical miles per hour. This shouldnt go too much fast considering this "bullet" is huge. Also consider this thing will easily be noticable for its small radiation expulsion. So if it doesnt explode on launch, it will be hit after its fired. Nevermind a target 1000 miles away will have a little less than a half hour to get out of the way...or shoot it down with another targetting missile.

ooc: Yup, it would be SDI exposed.