Preamble

The Viridian Entente and iFOK also known as:

She-man and He-Girl;

Bearded Lady and Bald Woman;

The Green Infant and The Green Toddler;

Old School and New kid on the block;

Hereby agree on the following:

Article I – DRINKING CUPS OF TEA

iFOK and the Viridian Entente agree to drink lots of cups of tea together to celebrate their friendship.

• Article I translated – ESTABLISHMENT OF PEACE
    Peace is hereby established between iFOK and the Viridian Entente (the "signatory alliances") effective from the exchange of the instruments of ratification of these protocols.

Article II – IT’S MY DAMN HOUSE

When you come over to drink a cup of tea and find yourself in a messy looking house. Stop complaining about the damn mess. I like the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it! If you do want to !@#$%* about it go to the basement and lock yourself in please. Also, you better not clean up this mess I’ve made when I’m gone out to shop.

• Article II translated – SOVEREIGNTY
    Both of the signatory alliances and their respective member nations recognize and will respect each other's sovereignty and political independence. They recognize and will respect each other's right to live in peace within their respective alliances. They will develop good neighborly relations of co-operation between them to ensure lasting security. They will refrain from espionage and the threat or use of force against each other and will settle all disputes between them by peaceful means.

Article III – HI THERE

You phone me, I phone you and ET phones home.

• Article III translated – COMMUNICATION
    In signing these protocols, both signatory alliances recognize that full and frank communication is the foundation for a strong and enduring relationship and that there is mutual benefit for both alliances when open communication between them is maintained. To that end, both signatory alliances agree to productive two-way inter-alliance communication:
    a.) The signatory alliances agree that whenever a situation arises which involves provisions within these protocols or other issues of mutual concern; there shall be full and frank communication between the signatory alliances.
    b.) The signatory alliances shall encourage and promote effective methods of dispute resolution between the signatory alliances and their respective member nations.
    c.) The signatory alliances commit to frequent and recurring dialog on each others forums and IRC channels. This commitment is based on the view that open access to each others communication channels is essential to the rapid and efficient inter-alliance communication. This shall include communication at the alliance leadership level where on an as needed basis, representatives of the highest decision making bodies of the signatory alliances will jointly meet to discuss issues of mutual concern. This shall be in addition to routine diplomatic communications and the regular communication between normal member nations.

Article IV – Play Nice

Don’t slap me in the face and I will not slap you in the face. If you do slap me in the face, I will slap you in the face.

• Article IV translated – OVERT HOSTILE ACTIVITIES
    Neither signatory alliance will knowingly engage in the use of sanctions against member nations of the other signatory alliance without formal, written permission from the other signatory alliance. Neither signatory alliance shall endorse, fund, approve or engage in military action against the other signatory alliance. If an individual member nation of either signatory alliance is found in violation of this article, it shall be directed to offer peace and reparations equivalent to 1.5 times the total damages inflicted. Though not required, defending nations shall be encouraged to defer reprisal actions until a diplomatic solution can be reached.
    a.) Should the offending member nation of a signatory alliance refuse to offer peace and agree on reparations terms, said member nation will be declared a rogue and will no longer be offered the protection of either signatory alliance.
    b.) If a signatory alliance violates this article, such activity shall be considered an act of war.

Article V – Gossiping

Don’t talk behind my back or steal my 100 ton weighing girlfriend.

• Article V translated – COVERT HOSTILE ACTIVITIES
    Neither signatory alliance shall knowingly endorse, fund, approve or engage in espionage or other covert action against the other signatory alliance. Both signatory alliances agree not to actively or passively recruit member nations of the other alliance for the purpose of committing espionage. If either signatory alliance collects intelligence regarding a security breach or a credible threat concerning the other signatory alliance, the acquiring signatory alliance will convey all pertinent information in their possession to the other signatory alliance.
    a.) Should a member nation of a signatory alliance violate this article, said member nation will be declared a rogue and will no longer be offered the protection of either signatory alliance.
    b.) If a signatory Alliance violates this article, such activity shall be considered an act of war.

Article VI – HELP ME :cry:

If in any case the big bully of the block comes down to take one of our lunch money, the other will promise to help out to stop the bully.

• Article VI translated – RECIPROCAL DEFENSE
    Defense Clause: Recognizing the respect between the The Viridian Entente and iFOK, this Provision hereby dictates that under any circumstances if either of the undersigned finds itself attacked by a foreign power, the opposite signatory to this agreement is required to come in full force by the side of their ally, without exception. The attacked signatory of this agreement maintains the right to waive assistance. Should the party required by this treaty to defend their ally not respond within 24-hours the abandoned ally may cancel this agreement immediately.

Article VII – Pay for my lunch please

If the bully did stomp one of us and took the lunch money, the other will help to pay for a tuna sandwich during lunch break. If the bully took both our lunch money, we will both run to mama and cry as hard we can in order to receive extra lunch moneys.

• Article VII translated – RECOVERY AID
    In the event of conflict involving only one of the signatory alliances, upon cessation of hostilities and barring other conflicting treaty obligations, the non-combatant signatory alliance shall encourage its individual member nations to voluntarily provide recovery aid to individual member nations of the war-torn signatory alliance.
    In the event of conflict involving both of the signatory alliances, upon cessation of hostilities and barring other conflicting treaty obligations, both signatory alliances shall encourage its individual member nations to voluntarily provide recovery aid to individual member nations of the war-torn signatory alliances regardless of alliance membership.

Article VIII – Restecp

We are cool with each other homeboyz!! Wha'eva!

• Article VIII translated – CIVILITY
    Both signatory alliances shall be resolute in their insistence that their respective members remain polite and civil to each other at all times, especially in public forums and other public venues.

Article IX - Talk to the 'and, cuz the face don't wonna hear it anymore!

You don’t like me anymore? Slap me in the face, talk about me behind my back, steal my girlfriend, help the bully take my lunch money or cancel thiz treaty (you'll have 172 800 seconds before I will tolerate it). Aight?

• Article IX translated – TERMINATION
    Either signatory alliance may terminate this compact at any time by providing the other signatory alliance with a 48 hour notice of intent to terminate. This compact is automatically terminated when either signatory alliance violates Article IV,V or VI of this compact.

Signed for iFOK

arexes, Triumvir of General Affairs

ikMark, Triumvir of Foreign Affairs

Roeland|Spaarlaamp, Triumvir of Internal Affairs

Signed for the VE

Cornelius, Lord of the Entente

SoonerNation, Duke of the Entente

Impero, Secretary of Defense

SonOfHoward, Secretary of Foreign Affairs

God of Salt, Secretary of the Interior

Kybernetes, Regent

InfiniteWii, Regent

Smooth, Smooth Criminal and War Nutter

...awaits ikMark first post.

Edit: Fixed the flags.

Edited by SonOfHoward

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arexes[iFOK]> it gets better everytime i read it

<arexes[iFOK]> lol

<SonOfHoward[VE]> like a fine aged tea

Interesting translation of "what is this I don't even". :P

Congrats to both iFOK and VE.

I think it was translated from dutch, to english, to french.

Edited by SonOfHoward

That is really bad french... the correct translation for "What is this I dont even..." would be : "Qu'est-ce que c'est je ne sais même..."

You can't really translate that, as the verb would come before "even" in the french sentence: "Qu'est-ce que c'est je ne [...] même..."

o/ NOIR, at least you didn't use "pig french". <_<