Sorry

TheStig

A lot of you didn't think I would do this, but a few suspected I would. And you were right. I have been through a lot in my past month-and-a-half of playing CN. I joined TOOL right of the bat, and in there I've acted as a diplomat, a lietenant, recruiter, editor in media and head artisan. I've ran for council, I've made many friends and learnt many new things. For many it all seemed to good to be true that I could join and within a month accomplish so many things, but now it is time for them to learn the truth behind my vast experience.

I am a re-roll, of Jack the great to be precise.

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know that I am not on any ZI lists, I have spoken with mhawk and cleared all of this up and the reason for this thread is due to Slevin discovering me through an IRC IP match.

I didn't want it to have to come to this, not yet. This isn't how I planned to reveal myself nor is it how I planned to rejoin the game. My original intention was to rejoin MHA, and use my previous experience to work my way up their democratic system and gain the respect of several members throughout the game and then, reveal myself. My hope was you'd all be shocked and change your opinion about me. But over the past month I've realised, that isn't what it's about.

I made so many mistakes in my last character. I started wars and embraced coups, I embarrased myself and betrayed others. I even ruined entire alliances but what I regret most, is I ruined some of my most valued friendships. And I come before you hear today not to try and change your opinion of me or stun you with disbelief but to try my best to demonstrate my sincerest regret of all that I did and all those I wronged as Jack the great.

So I, TheStig (formerly Jack) would like to give my deepest and most genuine apologies to all those that I wronged and offended as Jack the great. I'm sorry to mhawk and TPF for my lack of trust and disrespect. I apologise to Soldier and all those of the former United Alliance for screwing everything up for all of you. I'm sorry to King601 and the other nations I raided on my way out of the game. I'm sorry to those I trolled and flamed in my 'goodbye' thread but most importantly of all, I'm sorry to TOOL. I never intended on joining you but GK's message reeled me in. I hope all my hard work in TOOL and my most important apology of all will allow you to forgive me for the burden I have caused you.

Now I realise, I don't want or need respect or friendship, I need to face up to what I did and suffer the consequences. I went through PZI, but it was only the first hurdle. Thank you CN for this one hell of a roller-coaster ride. I went through a lot of bad stuff an did a lot of bad things as Jack, but now I feel it has taught me a valuable lesson not only in CN but also in life. I have done my best, and that is all I can do. My only hope now is that you can trust my deepest of apologies and find it in you to forgive an old fool.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are playing a new character and were doing a damn good job of it until someone decided to use IP addresses to ID you. You do not owe anyone an apology, the only one who should apologize is the jerk who stopped you from starting over with a fresh slate.

I'm with Srqt.

I can certainly forgive the person behind the screen, if forgiveness is even necessary, but not only that, the character of "TheStig" is clearly different from that of "Jack The Great."

You are playing a new character and were doing a damn good job of it until someone decided to use IP addresses to ID you. You do not owe anyone an apology, the only one who should apologize is the jerk who stopped you from starting over with a fresh slate.

Took the words out of my mouth.

The fact that you were using a new identity and not being the old one is a very good sign to me that things will get better for you. From what I can see and even the civility of your post here, you have changed for the better since being Jack, and I'm happy to hear that you will not be ZI'd.

This is an apology from TheStig on behalf of actions done in the past. If you check, Jack was never put on any perma-zi or e-zi lists. The only condition was that he not return to Soldier. I thank TheStig for the honesty that has been shown. It is always tough to make mistakes but being able to admit to mistakes shows true class.

Thanks for being honest, and I wish you the best as TheStig.

Edited by Desperado

Wow I'm surprised but as far as I'm concerned you've proved to be a nice fellow and an asset for TOOL over the last month. I think that everyone deserve a second chance.

See you on IRC

A lot of you didn't think I would do this, but a few suspected I would. And you were right. I have been through a lot in my past month-and-a-half of playing CN. I joined TOOL right of the bat, and in there I've acted as a diplomat, a lietenant, recruiter, editor in media and head artisan. I've ran for council, I've made many friends and learnt many new things. For many it all seemed to good to be true that I could join and within a month accomplish so many things, but now it is time for them to learn the truth behind my vast experience.

I am a re-roll, of Jack the great to be precise.

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know that I am not on any ZI lists, I have spoken with mhawk and cleared all of this up and the reason for this thread is due to Slevin discovering me through an IRC IP match.

I didn't want it to have to come to this, not yet. This isn't how I planned to reveal myself nor is it how I planned to rejoin the game. My original intention was to rejoin MHA, and use my previous experience to work my way up their democratic system and gain the respect of several members throughout the game and then, reveal myself. My hope was you'd all be shocked and change your opinion about me. But over the past month I've realised, that isn't what it's about.

I made so many mistakes in my last character. I started wars and embraced coups, I embarrased myself and betrayed others. I even ruined entire alliances but what I regret most, is I ruined some of my most valued friendships. And I come before you hear today not to try and change your opinion of me or stun you with disbelief but to try my best to demonstrate my sincerest regret of all that I did and all those I wronged as Jack the great.

So I, TheStig (formerly Jack) would like to give my deepest and most genuine apologies to all those that I wronged and offended as Jack the great. I'm sorry to mhawk and TPF for my lack of trust and disrespect. I apologise to Soldier and all those of the former United Alliance for screwing everything up for all of you. I'm sorry to King601 and the other nations I raided on my way out of the game. I'm sorry to those I trolled and flamed in my 'goodbye' thread but most importantly of all, I'm sorry to TOOL. I never intended on joining you but GK's message reeled me in. I hope all my hard work in TOOL and my most important apology of all will allow you to forgive me for the burden I have caused you.

Now I realise, I don't want or need respect or friendship, I need to face up to what I did and suffer the consequences. I went through PZI, but it was only the first hurdle. Thank you CN for this one hell of a roller-coaster ride. I went through a lot of bad stuff an did a lot of bad things as Jack, but now I feel it has taught me a valuable lesson not only in CN but also in life. I have done my best, and that is all I can do. My only hope now is that you can trust my deepest of apologies and find it in you to forgive an old fool.

We make mistakes. You made a lot. Maybe you learned. Maybe you didn't. Your new friendships you formulate will be your ultimate test. If some are unwilling to give you another chance, please understand why. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

You were doing well hiding your character Stig, shame you were "outed" as an old identity that you wished to leave behind.

Actually he did intend to annoucne himself, read the OP again. This is just sooner than expected.

From what I have read, you have changed. Drive on, and have fun.

Actually he did intend to annoucne himself, read the OP again. This is just sooner than expected.

From what I have read, you have changed. Drive on, and have fun.

Once he established his new character so that he could be judged solely on the merits of his new persona instead of having to carry the stigma of his now dead character. Thanks to !@#$%^& who feel the need to compare IP addresses because they have nothing better to do with their time he doesn't get that opportunity.

I congratulate you sir. We had some run-ins in the past when you were at United Alliance and from there I just kind of observed your actions when in public, most of which, I disagreed with. I agree with those above me that no apology is necessary as you have crafted a new persona here. I wish you nothing but the best in your future on Planet Bob and welcome you to visit us at United Foundation if diplomacy is the route you take in TOOL.

Kyle Smith

Secretary of State

United Foundation