Victory likelihood?

Zenrax

Im currently at war with another nation, for reasons that would take too long to explain. Here's my problem: I deployed troops to attack, and at the bottom, I noticed the percentages were 51% for me and 49% for them. I was rather surprised, as I have 3000 more deployed soldiers than they have total, with an efficiency of about 6000 higher, I have 1.5 times their number of tanks, our tech is about equal, and we are both at Defcon 1. Why are the numbers still so close?

(Btw, I did win, but not by very much.)

Soldier battle strength = Number of soldiers * efficiency modifiers * 2 (stated here for reference)

Attacking tank battle strength = Number of attacking tanks * 25

Defending tank battle strength = Number of defending tanks * 30

There are also infrastructure/land and possible tech bonuses that factor in for the defender.

There are also infrastructure/land and possible tech bonuses that factor in for the defender.

Tech has a fairly significant effect, and is based on the level of both nations.

I've also heard land does though it seems very minimal and I've never seen a formula for it. Syrik's battle calc I use at PC doesn't factor land and it's always been almost spot on for me.