Invitation from the STA

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyga,

In your opinion this boredom state will remain for how much time in planet bob? Do you think that will be a big war in this summer(I mean, you guys summer, because mine is ending now.)?

What's your opinion about me? ^_^

Hello, longtime lurker trying his hand at contributing for the first time now. :D

What do you see as the STA's greatest success?

If there was one alliance you could magically make disappear overnight, which would it be and why?

Why are Siberian Tigers just so damned cute?

Tyga,

In your opinion this boredom state will remain for how much time in planet bob? Do you think that will be a big war in this summer(I mean, you guys summer, because mine is ending now.)?

What's your opinion about me? ^_^

Tyga went to bed ages ago. I'll answer, though.

There will probably be a big war in the summer. There usually is. I don't, however, have any idea who it will involve. There are hundreds of rumors flying around, and even when you hear it from the source these days, it doesn't make it true.

I don't know you well enough to give an opinion.

Opinion of The Grämlins?

I pride this question with truthfulness rather than diplomatic redundant verbiage. =]

STA considers Grems to be one of the most honorable alliances on Planet Bob. We admire and respect you, and your actions in the last war, and vocal support of STA did not go unnoticed. I have expressed interest in the past in getting to know you guys better, as has some of the rest of our government. I think we have some similar philosophies. For the truthiness part of the answer: I think our brief discussions about possibly furthering our relationship stalled because the treaty web is just two entangled for us to be pals right now.

Hello, longtime lurker trying his hand at contributing for the first time now. :D

What do you see as the STA's greatest success?

If there was one alliance you could magically make disappear overnight, which would it be and why?

Why are Siberian Tigers just so damned cute?

Our greatest success is that we are still around, and stronger than ever, after 2 years.

There is no alliance we'd like to make disappear overnight. We prefer our enemies to suffer for their crimes and die painfully. That said, I'm not going to name names. Most people know who STA does not get along with.

It's an offense mechanism. They lure you in with their adorable fluffiness and seemingly harmless eyes. Then, they eat your soul.

Edited by pezstar

Our non-chaining clauses are not all that special; many treaties have them. We are still recovering from recently being destroyed and are not interested in fighting a war for an ally thrice removed. If we were we would have treatied them in the first place.

I will leave the Valhalla question for someone with a longer history with it.

Our non-chaining clauses are not all that special; many treaties have them. We are still recovering from recently being destroyed and are not interested in fighting a war for an ally thrice removed. If we were we would have treatied them in the first place.

I will leave the Valhalla question for someone with a longer history with it.

I was not implying it was unique to STA, sorry if it came off that way. Just wanted to see your reasoning and your answer makes sense. Personally I think when you pledge to fight for someone you take that ally with all the baggage they carry, even their allies. I see your point though, especially with a recent war.

What is the state of STA/Valhalla relations? What are your thoughts on the past (and maybe present?) threats from Valhalla towards members of STA?

Why does STA add special chaining clauses to their treaties?

Thanks in advance.

We have no relations with Valhalla whatsoever, be it positive or negative. We don't speak to them, they don't speak to us. A member or two has been known to visit an embassy every now and again, but in general, we have no reason to speak with them, so we don't. As far as threats from them go, we haven't had any since the end of the last big war. In the past, they've not come out and actively threatened STA. There have been "threats" toward members, though I don't know that threat is the right word. You may remember that we declined their first and second peace term offers in the last war because they contained clauses that first called for the removal of Rakari, Uhtred, and myself from STA. When we declined those, it was changed to neither of the three of us were ever to be allowed in government. We declined those as well. It is the opinion of the STA that that part of the terms was solely based on old grudges... in the case of Rakari and myself, it was related to the Legion. In the case of Uhtred, he was a government member of Valhalla for a long time, and there is/was a grudge being held there. We refused to accept the terms because we refused to allow anyone to dictate our membership or our government, especially based on year+ old grudges. That pretty much sums up our thoughts on that.

As far as adding a special chaining clause to our treaties, we no longer believe that chaining treaties are in the best interest of either STA or the treaty web as a whole. We are more than happy to defend our allies, and have them defend us. However, that defense should be optional if the conflict in question had nothing to do with our ally. It makes the treaty web a far cleaner place.

Edited by pezstar

Tyga: Why is STA so awesome and full of such great characters?

We have a low tolerabce of idiots and !@#$%bags. Well, I do anyway. So, the members that remain are great people and the alliance is awesome as a result. :P

Tyga, do you ever tire of writing STA State of the Alliance announcements?

No. They are an excellent way of tracking our history and also publicise some of the great work our members do behind the scenes that no one outside the alliance may notice. I got bored with the format a while back and took a break for a month but that won't happen again.

Motley Crue or Poison.....which one was the cooler band at the height of the Aqua Net era in rock.

Please explain. :)

I'm not sure when that era was and I wasn't a great fan of either band but I'd say Motley Crue was slightly cooler for a glam band.

Does this make you a white separatist?

No, we have many coloured nations in the STA. I just believe an alliance is better served by having a majority of its members on one team. For senate purposes and because it makes the alliance look more united and disciplined.

What is the state of STA/Valhalla relations? What are your thoughts on the past (and maybe present?) threats from Valhalla towards members of STA?

I guess people want to hear my view on this even though Pez has answered it. At present Valhalla and STA are just leaving each other alone which is fine by the STA and I assume fine by Valhalla. I really don't see much scope for close relations with Valhalla but that does not mean we have to be at each others' throats. We don;t like each other much but that happens and we move on.

Thanks Pez and Bzelger for answering these questions while I slept. :P

In other news, my reply to you was perhaps the most disturbing thing I've read on these boards in awhile.

In the Past Six months : Yes

In the Past Year : No

In the Past Three: Oh god no.

-------

Will Tyga ever get a new Avatar? He has that one since STA Formed. I swear....

Edited by Aiden Ford