Invitation from the STA

A rule I'd like to see added would be one where you cannot create an alliance until you reach a certain nations strength. This would, of course, require a change whereby alliance affiliations would be registered and a nation could only fly the alliance's flag if they were approved by the leader of that alliance. Why? Because it would give nations a period of time to learn about alliance politics before they jump in and create a new alliance as well as preventing nations ghosting an alliance affiliation.

But your recent protectorate was founded by a nation at 3 NS and it seems to be doing quite well. -_-

Edited by Penguin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But your recent protectorate was founded by a nation at 3 NS and it seems to be doing quite well. -_-

Yes, there is an exception to every rule. Ivan would have just had to wait another 10 days to get another buttload of aid, then formed the alliance. ;)

I have three questions.

Cake or Pie?

What did KDII do to get kicked out (if you can talk about it in public of course)?

What was the secret to getting the STA to so pass my alliance?

Edited by Pyroman

Do you think the creation of TSO and, more importantly, the departure of some of the more notorious characters will have a positive impact on the blue sphere as a whole? Where do you see the blue sphere heading in terms of unity and friendship, both official and unofficial? And can I be an honourary member? At the very least I should get a chance to play for that Tyga Cup.

edit @ Random: oh snap as if you still have it. i'm touched. :awesome:

Edited by hizzy

I have three questions.

Cake or Pie?

Cake. More precisely, cheesecake.

What did KDII do to get kicked out (if you can talk about it in public of course)?

Nothing major, his attitude just sucked and we grew tired of it.

What was the secret to getting the STA to so pass my alliance?

Well, we have really only grown back to our pre-war strength but have 40 or so more members now so we have greater scope to increase our nation strength. I think our secret is that our leadership mixes in with the membership, I think that helps new members settle in and feel part of the alliance which means they stick around and grow under our protection.

Do you think the creation of TSO and, more importantly, the departure of some of the more notorious characters will have a positive impact on the blue sphere as a whole?

I think so. Although I'm not really up to speed on blue team politics I can see that some of the relationships between certain alliances has thawed since TSO was formed. That can only be a positive for the blue team as a whole.

Where do you see the blue sphere heading in terms of unity and friendship, both official and unofficial?

Unofficially, I think things will improve but officially there is still something of a divide between Agora and non-Agora alliances from what I see and hear. I think this will always be a hinderance to real unity i the blue team but is not a hinderance cooperation amongst blue team alliances.

And can I be an honourary member? At the very least I should get a chance to play for that Tyga Cup.

We don't do honourary memberships but foreign diplomats are welcome to join the Siberian Trophy competition.

Cake. More precisely, cheesecake.

Nothing major, his attitude just sucked and we grew tired of it.

Well, we have really only grown back to our pre-war strength but have 40 or so more members now so we have greater scope to increase our nation strength. I think our secret is that our leadership mixes in with the membership, I think that helps new members settle in and feel part of the alliance which means they stick around and grow under our protection.

Should have said pie man -_-

And I think I know exactly the kind of attitude you're talking about..

I'm curious though what you mean by this intermingling of sorts. Our government doesn't really behave differently than the membership, other than exercising some authority every now and again. Is this what you mean or does the STA have something else in mind? I of course understand if you're not willing to share such information :P

Who would win in a fight, Spiderman or Wolverine?

edit: also, explain your decision.

Too easy. *Rakari glances at her avatar.

You want a reason? Claws, man, claws. Oh, and quick healing power. Spiderman wouldn't stand a chance!

Edited by Rakari

When considering which Alliances you seek to form Treaties with, do you place more importance on the Personal or Political characteristics of that Alliance? (If that's too specific a question, then I guess it could simply extend to what factors in an Alliance are important when Treatying?.)

Do you feel that your alliance has so far achieved what you hoped it would achieve when you first joined/formed?

Do you dream about CyberNations? (Clue: I don't <_< )

On a scale of 10 to 10, how awesome are extreme close-up pictures of cats as avatars? :v:

I'm curious though what you mean by this intermingling of sorts. Our government doesn't really behave differently than the membership, other than exercising some authority every now and again. Is this what you mean or does the STA have something else in mind? I of course understand if you're not willing to share such information :P

No, I meant that the leadership juts chat with the members, there is not division between the two. Some alliances keep their leadership separate or on a pedestal which is something we try to avoid doing.

How do you feel about Soldier?

I don't know the alliance that well. They got off to a rocky start but seem to be settling into things now.

Deep Fried Mars Bar > Twinkie

Thoughts?

I have never had a deep fried Mars Bar so I cannot confirm nor deny your assertion.

Doesn't it beguile you that cheesecake uses a pie crust?

Also, is Planet Bob's military-industrial complex conducive to order or chaos?

No, cheesecake is still a cake. A delicious cake.

Answer to second question, order.

When considering which Alliances you seek to form Treaties with, do you place more importance on the Personal or Political characteristics of that Alliance? (If that's too specific a question, then I guess it could simply extend to what factors in an Alliance are important when Treatying?.)

Both political and personal. When weighing up who to sign a treaty with it is important they share a similar political outlook and that the leadership are people you trust and feel you can communicate with freely.

Do you feel that your alliance has so far achieved what you hoped it would achieve when you first joined/formed?

I'd say it has exceeded any goals I had when I created the alliance. I didn't know what to expect as it really was a last minute decision to create the STA.

Do you dream about CyberNations? (Clue: I don't <_< )

No.

On a scale of 10 to 10, how awesome are extreme close-up pictures of cats as avatars? :v:

Tygaland what advice would you give to a young player seeking honor, prosperity, and peace.

Most of the time you won't find all three at the same time. But my suggestion would be to do some homework on alliances before you join so you find one with ideals you relate to. It is always easiest to join the biggest alliance or the one that offers you the most money to join but that does not mean it is the right alliance for you.

If you find an alliance that suits you then you will find prosperity and a certain amount of peace. If you believe in what your alliance does and represents then you will consider yourself honourable and that is what counts.

Edited by Tygaland

Tyga,

Relations between GGA and STA cooled down in the prelude to the Citadel-Polaris/friends war.

How do you view the current relation between the GGA / STA and how do you see future development of the GGA / STA STA /GGA relations?

Tyga,

Relations between GGA and STA cooled down in the prelude to the Citadel-Polaris/friends war.

How do you view the current relation between the GGA / STA and how do you see future development of the GGA / STA STA /GGA relations?

Well, I'm not sure they cooled as we never really had a relationship with GGA at any point. :P For example, the last diplomatic activity on our forum from the GGA was a post on March 13th 2008 on our old forum. We still have not received an ambassador from GGA on our new forum which was opened last November. I believe KevinKeegan has been assigned to GGA as our diplomat.

Currently, I'd say relations are the same, virtually non-existent although the GGA does speak to us with a little more respect these days which is a positive.

As for the future, I'm not sure to be honest. The best I can see in the forseeable future would be civil and respectful behaviour towards each other and see what happens.

Edited by Tygaland

Well, I'm not sure they cooled as we never really had a relationship with GGA at any point. :P For example, the last diplomatic activity on our forum from the GGA was a post on March 13th 2008 on our old forum. We still have not received an ambassador from GGA on our new forum which was opened last November. I believe KevinKeegan has been assigned to GGA as our diplomat.

Currently, I'd say relations are the same, virtually non-existent although the GGA does speak to us with a little more respect these days which is a positive.

As for the future, I'm not sure to be honest. The best I can see in the foreseeable future would be civil and respectful behavior towards each other and see what happens.

I could have sworn we had a treaty at one time. Anyway civility and mutual respect have my preference.

Perhaps in the near future these mutual likings can develop into friendship and treaties.

As for the lack of a diplomat, I'll let foreign affairs know about this.

Since this is Q&A: the STA is currently a white alliance, if the option was presented would you consider switching team color to e.g. green?

I could have sworn we had a treaty at one time. Anyway civility and mutual respect have my preference.

Perhaps in the near future these mutual likings can develop into friendship and treaties.

As for the lack of a diplomat, I'll let foreign affairs know about this.

Excellent.

Since this is Q&A: the STA is currently a white alliance, if the option was presented would you consider switching team color to e.g. green?

No, Siberian Tigers are white and white they shall remain! :P

Excellent.

No, Siberian Tigers are white and white they shall remain! :P

But do not forget the lush Siberian Forrest. The green really makes the (Siberian) Tiger.

One last question: Cup of coffee or Cup of tea

Edited by andre27