Invitation from the STA

The STA has always been a fan of transparency. While we obviously don't allow strangers into our inner sanctums, we try to be as open with the world about our policies, practices, and ideals as possible. In that spirit, the STA would like to invite the citizens of Planet Bob to ask us any questions you may have about our alliance, be it our philosophy, allies, enemies, or our history.

Members of STA's government will be on hand for much of the evening to answer you. As always, we thank you for your time and indulgence.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your opinion about the current state of honor in Cybernations?

What alliances do you feel set the example in respect to being honorable? Why?

What alliances do you feel are dishonorable? Why?

What event in your history are you least proud of?

MADP nao?

The STA doesn't sign MADP's at this point in time. :P

What do you believe will be NSO eventual impact on Planet Bob within the next 6 months?

Well, beside the obvious impact they have already had with a shift of nations to the new alliance, I can't really guess as it is too early. I know Ivan likes to keep thing fresh and interesting, hence the theme of his new alliance. So, I think they will provide some badly needed variety to the Cyberverse, especially if their system of government really takes shape with internal battles for leadership. Add to that the uncertainty of where the alliance will fall with regards to the current power bloc in the Cyberverse, the NSO should at least make things more interesting.

How on earth did you get such an awesome MoFA like Lakerzz8 and how much will you sell him for?

Lakerzz8 has been a long time member of the STA and he has helped out in a number of areas over time which is why he was recently promoted. How he came to join the STA, you'd have to ask him. But I recall him saying it was because I was awesome.

Lakerzz8 is not presently for sale. We did, however, offer a King Death II free of charge.

Can you shed some light on the process of protecting NSO? Was it a given or did it take some negotiation?

I was speaking to Ivan after his post stating he had returned to the Cyberverse and he mentioned starting a new alliance and asked if we'd be the alliance's protector. The decision hinged on discussions with our current allies and clarifying the NSO's stance with regards to their PZI and ZI listed members. Once this was clarified and our allies were ok with the agreement we went ahead with the protection agreement we announced yesterday.

Does Lakerzz8 really have a script for everything under the sun?

Yes.

What's your opinion about the current state of honor in Cybernations?

It is improving but has a long way to go. Too many disposable friendships for my liking.

What alliances do you feel set the example in respect to being honorable? Why?

TDSM8 were one that got no credit for doing so. Other alliances such as MK, NV, Genesis and similar who put their alliance on th eline for their allies regardless of the cost. Alliances like Grämlins who have policies which promote honesty and fairness in the Cyberverse.

What alliances do you feel are dishonorable? Why?

Without naming any names. Alliances who scheme and use other alliances to further themselves I would class and low in honour. Alliances that extort and threaten other alliances or unaligned nations for money, technology or both I would class as dishonourable.

What event in your history are you least proud of?

I stand by everything I have done in the Cyberverse.

Hi Tyga. Remember that time that guy said he had a big spy ring and then you were all like get out!!! And then it turned out he was just wishing he had a spy ring and we all had a good laugh? That was fun.

We still have no idea what was and wasn't true. I, personally, think he was up to something. I don't, however, think he had a spy ring. He probably got some info from a friend in another alliance that he shouldn't have had, and decided that it was a great opportunity for attention. Sadly, there is good attention, and there is bad attention.

Do you believe there could ever be a reason to go to war in defense of another alliance with which you or any of your allies do not have a treaty? If yes, what would be a reason? If no, does it hurt when people call you fat? I mean deep down. It's OK to talk about it Tyga. *holds arms open*

The STA has earned a reputation of an alliance of honor and fairness. How does the STA's tech raiding policy fit in with this perception? Where do you see the STA's policy on tech raiding going in the future?

Hey Tyga I have a question(s).

1. If a giant dung beetle were chasing you up a steep hill, would it be safer to run straight ahead or do some sort of zig-zag pattern? Please include proper footnoting and citations.
  2. As an additional query, I was wondering what your opinion of medieval weaponry is and if that affects your daily life.

Can I be your personal slave tyga?

You already are. Now get back to work.

Hi Tyga. Remember that time that guy said he had a big spy ring and then you were all like get out!!! And then it turned out he was just wishing he had a spy ring and we all had a good laugh? That was fun.

Yes, it was madness and monkey business.

What is your opinion on the New Polar Order and the direction our alliance is taking? Just curious.

The New Polar Order is our oldest and closest ally. We fought and lost a lot for them and I'm sure, should the time come, they would do the same for us. As for the current direction, it is always tough to come out of a war, let alone one where most of your allies ditched you and left you to die. I think the direction Polaris is taking a cautious one. On one hand they has to ensure they had protection from any oppotunists after their peace terms were lifted which saw the treaty flurry with alliances that raised some eyebrows. On the other hand they have to be careful not to overplay the treaties as that may drag them into unwanted conflict too soon after emerging from peace terms.

What do I think of that direction? I'd have to say that if I were in Polaris' position I'd play my cards similarly. The fact that Polaris is growing rapidly shows that despite some reservations they are on the right path.

Edited by Tygaland

Do you believe there could ever be a reason to go to war in defense of another alliance with which you or any of your allies do not have a treaty? If yes, what would be a reason?

Yes, I think so. If you believe an alliance is getting attacked for no valid reason and you feel strongly enough about it to assist them, I see no issue with that. The issue for me is alliances with no treatied reason to enter a war doing so to attack an alliance already on its knees.

If no, does it hurt when people call you fat? I mean deep down. It's OK to talk about it Tyga. *holds arms open*

No, I don't mind. As long as they are talking about me I'm happy. :awesome:

The STA has earned a reputation of an alliance of honor and fairness. How does the STA's tech raiding policy fit in with this perception? Where do you see the STA's policy on tech raiding going in the future?

I think our policy on tech raiding is the perfect compromise between denying our members experience with all aspects of the game and not encroaching on the sovereignty of alliances. I do not see our policy changing in the forseeable future.

Hey Tyga I have a question(s).

If a giant dung beetle were chasing you up a steep hill, would it be safer to run straight ahead or do some sort of zig-zag pattern? Please include proper footnoting and citations.

I'll need to know if the dung beetle was pushing a ball of dung at the time. My dung beetle escape route calculator lists this as a madatory parameter.

As an additional query, I was wondering what your opinion of medieval weaponry is and if that affects your daily life.

I have found a mace to really assists me in getting onto overcrowded public transport. As a rule, medieval weaponry is awesome.

Hey Tyga, just a few questions:

1. White Team: great team or greatest team?

Greatest team. White team is supreme.

2. Do you like dislike STA?

I would, but my love of their leader prevents me from disliking them.

3. Colbert or Stewart?

Never heard of them. Are they types of cheese?