Expulsion of member - warrior of Bnet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh good a pissing contest, havent had one of these in a while.

fact is he used us, he milked us, and he threatened the security of our alliance. I don't like people that do that. I expel people that do that. Simple enough for ya?

Only reason I'm posting is because the lack of fortitude from people when it comes to anything that could be construed as some sort of possible threat has really been bothering me lately.

You didn't address the second part of my post.

Using and milking I can see, stupidity even. Hell, I had a member expelled the other day when his gross incompetence began to cause issues. However, to cite that his reason for expulsion was because of the threat he brought from the role he played in a naive plan prior to membership is just plain wimpy.

Fact is, you had a member that your job is to protect and you ditched him when you found out there is a possibility someone may come looking for him.

Only reason I'm posting is because the lack of fortitude from people when it comes to anything that could be construed as some sort of possible threat has really been bothering me lately.

Using and milking I can see, stupidity even. Hell, I had a member expelled the other day when his gross incompetence began to cause issues. However, to cite that his reason for expulsion was because of the threat he brought from the role he played in a naive plan prior to membership is just plain wimpy.

Fact is, you had a member that your job is to protect and you ditched him when you found out there is a possibility someone may come looking for him.

for the record they didn't come looking for me ;)

I know you're taking my posts at face value and are assuming that we just left him high and dry b/c the NPO wanted him dead, but i assure you, this isn't the case. Your continued fascination with my dedication to my members is interesting though, and i assure you that any nation flying the AA of leviathan gets the full protection of me, and my alliance unless i say otherwise. This isn't a simple case of caving to the NPO's wishes and if you believe it is, perhaps you should seek me out on IRC.

The truth is, it pisses me off that i had to eject him. We're a new alliance and 23k is a lot to lose, especially when you've got to fight for every bit of NS you get. I'm extremely loyal to my membership, all i ask in return is their dedication to Leviathan and its safety.

But if the alliance wont protect its members, whats the point of the alliance?

Is this a serious question? Really? I'll quote you on this if someone from VE conspires to bring down another alliance like this.

Do you know how many nations are member states of Leviathan? 47...like Jarheads, they are in no position to defend someone they see as a troublemaker against Pacifica and its allies by themselves. Their protectorate, Polaris, is allied to both parties in this matter. Keeping the troublemaker makes no sense.

You sure? ;)

There's a clear difference between NSO's policy on membership for instance and abandoning a member over the possibility that he may, at some point in time, have been a random party to a ridiculously noobish plot that never had any chance of succeeding. That's not prior baggage worthy of expulsion, that's lack of insight or youthful indiscretion. Tossing him based on that (and no, there is no possible way that he could be guilty of anything more then that) equates to pissing your pants in fear.

I respect Ivan I do. I like his new alliance.

But FFS is EVERYONE going to compare policies of alliances to NSO's policy of member admittance?

Yes, and the Viridian Entente has never expelled anyone. :rolleyes:

The reasons behind this expusion should be between the members of Leviathan. But I'd have no problem with expelling someone that was working against the best interests of my alliance. Letting them be is just dumb.

But if the alliance wont protect its members, what's the point of the alliance?

The probably swore to the character the shall not bring the alliance into danger anyway? So he/she broke the charter, yada yada yada and now we are here.

Shiii- Ninja-ed

Edited by xoindotnler

Look;

For all that seems to forget, this is CyberNations. This is not the UN. In this game, might makes right. Put yourself as a leader of a fifty man alliance. Now, you have the leader of a 900 man alliance telling you that X was plotting against him. And, that alliance has access to over 5000 nations. If you are asked to get rid of someone, are you going to say "no"?

Look;

For all that seems to forget, this is CyberNations. This is not the UN. In this game, might makes right. Put yourself as a leader of a fifty man alliance. Now, you have the leader of a 900 man alliance telling you that X was plotting against him. And, that alliance has access to over 5000 nations. If you are asked to get rid of someone, are you going to say "no"?

I agree but does the said party have to make up an excuse by saying "oh it was a reliable source" and then provide no evidence to back up their statements?

I agree but does the said party have to make up an excuse by saying "oh it was a reliable source" and then provide no evidence to back up their statements?

if any government members of an alliance wish to see said proof, they need but ask and they shall receive. I have not need, nor desire, to share said information with the populace at large. Get over it ;)

If any government members of an alliance wish to see said proof, they need but ask and they shall receive.
anyone that wishes to know more about his specific involvement should seek me our on IRC, i'm simply not going to divulge that information here, sorry.

I for one actually took him up on this, and he obliged. Anyway, this whole Jarheads situation is one big mess. I think we can all agree on that, even if our reasoning isn't the same.

if any government members of an alliance wish to see said proof, they need but ask and they shall receive. I have not need, nor desire, to share said information with the populace at large. Get over it ;)

I understand that, my question is why? Is there something that would be considered inappropriate to show on the forums?

Sorry but "I don't wanna" doesn't cut it with me, give me a real reason why your not showing it.

Il Impero Romano: MisleadRH posted logs about how we were going to kill the NPO even though we had been playing with him on many different games for many years, and we trusted him. Elborrador is a wise man and felt his alliance in danger, why would you want him to defend the guy?

You sure? ;)

There's a clear difference between NSO's policy on membership for instance and abandoning a member over the possibility that he may, at some point in time, have been a random party to a ridiculously noobish plot that never had any chance of succeeding. That's not prior baggage worthy of expulsion, that's lack of insight or youthful indiscretion. Tossing him based on that (and no, there is no possible way that he could be guilty of anything more then that) equates to pissing your pants in fear.

all i have to say to you is Ephie.....

now onto Leviathon, sucks that you had to make this decision but glad that the situation was resolved without Leviathon getting rolled for it.

What did he do?

Read the OP, Pretty much explains it all

Members don't deserve alliance protection, when they are undermining the alliance.

You're not answering his question.

Nobody seriously believes that Jarheads were trying to 'topple NPO', so stop feeding us the line. You're claiming that an ant was plotting to 'bring down the evil anteater'.

Answer Sponge's question or I'm going to raise a big flag that says you're full of Moo-crap.

WHAT DID HE DO?

Is that not what Vox is trying to do? and I would guess you would align yourself with them

K well, its weird because this whole war wouldn't be going on if it wasn't for me. So i am wondering how i planned to topple the NPO if i caused the "topplers" to be attacked right?

I did not use you for your money i was good friends with pakk and he asked me to join the tri-force and they merged with levithain. He was sending me aid, I took non of Levithian's money.

I did nothing but HELP the NPO and i dont see why they would do this.

Oh well this is just a sub-game it isnt a big deal lol

[3/1/2009 12:49:36 AM] Tyler: so i see NPO attack jarheads

[3/1/2009 12:49:53 AM] MCRABT[iRON]: yeah

[3/1/2009 12:50:06 AM] Tyler: lol nice

[3/1/2009 12:50:11 AM] Tyler: do i need to be worried about my nation?

[3/1/2009 12:50:17 AM] MCRABT[iRON]: No

[3/1/2009 12:50:23 AM] Tyler: Alright. Thanks.

[3/1/2009 12:50:46 AM] MCRABT[iRON]: No worries thanks for the info

So much for that xD

Edited by MisleadRH

Look;

In all honesty, there are Leaders out there that would say no. And I am one of them, though our membership is only at 17. If there is hard evidence that one is milking an alliance, plotting against the current, so-called 'masters' of CN..(especially without leadership knowledge). Well, then that nation is not working for that alliances best interests...well, that nation deserves to be expelled. If it is heresay from another alliance; a leader looks into it; as I am fairly sure El did so. In checking things out, if there is no hard evidence. A leader with a pair says no. ((shrugs)) If the nation claims innocence; it is up to the leadership to investigate. And it's up to the leadership to determine actions necessary.

NPO is not the ogre folks make them out to be...for the most part :) numerous? yes. tough? also, yes. Fair? Not always; but thats my dealings with them. ((shrugs)) Generally we just leave each other alone. Do we like each other? Not especially...Why? Doctrine. And we both understand it's not personal. Do we hate each other? No. And at times, outside of the game we just bs back-and-forth.

In all honesty, there are Leaders out there that would say no. And I am one of them, though our membership is only at 17. If there is hard evidence that one is milking an alliance, plotting against the current, so-called 'masters' of CN..(especially without leadership knowledge). Well, then that nation is not working for that alliances best interests...well, that nation deserves to be expelled. If it is heresay from another alliance; a leader looks into it; as I am fairly sure El did so. In checking things out, if there is no hard evidence. A leader with a pair says no. ((shrugs)) If the nation claims innocence; it is up to the leadership to investigate. And it's up to the leadership to determine actions necessary.

NPO is not the ogre folks make them out to be...for the most part :) numerous? yes. tough? also, yes. Fair? Not always; but thats my dealings with them. ((shrugs)) Generally we just leave each other alone. Do we like each other? Not especially...Why? Doctrine. And we both understand it's not personal. Do we hate each other? No. And at times, outside of the game we just bs back-and-forth.

IRON was on my side.

IRON was on my side.

And I would highly recommend letting their diplomatic services help you.

Each leader makes the calls that he, or she, can...always right? Nopes. Always wrong?...seen some come close...but, also, no.

No, it really doesn't. It refers to 'plotting', but what I am curious about is what sort of plotting? What was he trying to do? What were some of the particulars of this plot?

Prediction of response:

Those who need to know were informed via private channels. If you wish to know further details please contact XYZ and I am sure they can help clear up any questions you have.

You know how that works ES

;)