The Banker's Gambit

Sarah Tintagyl

**Undisclosed**

They sat in silence across a metal table and looked each other with wandering eyes. Each had a pistol holstered to his side, but if needed their hands wouldn't be enough to deter the guards positioned behind them with loaded AK-47s, they had entered into a trap and now there was no escape but to agree, but to agree was to put so much on the line for nothing. Put their lives, their wealth on the cutting board to this madman. At the end of the metal table a cloud of Cavendish smoke rose from a leather chair, the pipe had been hand carved long ago but had the permanent stain of soot and ash inside, along with the constant smell of the various type of tobacco that the owner was fond of. He smiled looking over the men around him, they were weak, they were pawns, but they were a necessary element to his little chess game.

The board was no laid out, within the scores of imperialist !@#$%^&*, republican realists, and pacifist idealists he was going to rise again. He looked over the board, there was a definite element of good and evil, the black team still seemed to have power in the world. He could thank the global leaders for that, Francoists and Martenists alike throwing their nuclear weapons like ping pong balls, sometimes you couldn't even tell who was the black and who was the white. But that's why he was here, he was going to show the world the true difference between white and black. Already the white's were suffering, two white kings had already almost blown the world up a second time, a white bishop was off gallivanting across the world as some philosopher, two white fools had regained the throne in Asia Minor, and one white queen had her knees deep in Ebola and Marbug. But his opening move--kill the other white queen and her white knight.

But he had a secret weapon, he had his own black knight disgusted with the queen and her court. With him he could take down the kingdom and use it as his own. The chaos would begin there. He sought no empire, only wanting to watch the world burn and descend into a darkness, he had been deprived of his glory why should anyone else be any different.

"Malthus is he here yet?"

The servant tapped his fingers, everyone one was waiting for the arrival of the black knight the traitor to the cause...the young king that would sell out the souls as Brutus and Judas had done ages before.

Somewhere in Australia

The Wolf looked up at the clear black sky, full of twinkling stars.

The nuclear war in Eurasia allowed the last two of his masters to no longer need his services, and with that he was now a free man. In a sense, it was a perfect time for him to retire, being the old man he was. However, there was still several personal jobs to deal with before he could think of rest. Already several black currents were flowing beneath the surface, attempting to water everything in darkness. Most of them were heading for this peaceful continent, full of refugees from the madness of the world.

Although he didn't have an obligation to deal with the new threat, he just might get into the action. After all, he was neither black or white, but gray.... Silver Gray.

At the Taeunas Embassy in the Hanseatic League, John Kelly read the daily dispatches from the ongoing fight in the old Hansa nation. His countrymen had stomped a rebel uprising and were continuing efforts to pacify the land. He made notes of the highlights and sent them by special courier to the Prime Minister.

Finished for the day, he kicked his feet up and sipped at a glass of twelve year old scotch and sighed contentedly. Not enough o's in smooth to describe it, or the work he had done slowly forming the beginings of a network here.

OOC: He's Intel covered as Taeunas Air Corps.

Edit: OOC @ Sil: yeah, but only partly. It's also the mix of names from two friends that are Rangers.

Edited by DeSchaine

Dressed in his jet black suit, hair newly dyed a platinum silver and eyes hidden behind amber-glossed readers, the Black Knight arrived in the halls of his new associate.

Standing before him he uttered only a simple phrase.

"The White Queen has built herself a Castle, with Marchars as hired guns. How shall we proceed?"

Hok smiled as he lifted himself from his seat and placed his pipe on the table beside him. "I would hate to have to siege her castle my dear man, I would much rather a nice easy death, one with no guns going of and the little !@#$%* hacked to death as she deserves. As for Larsa, I would imagine you would be able to take care of him extremely easily, after all he does trust to some degree correct? Would you be able to get into the manor and kill them yourself? Or take one of my men and subversively get him in as one of your servants?"

"Also we need to talk about disposing of Lord Rukia of you my dear man." Hok chuckled, picking his pipe back up.

Hok smiled as he lifted himself from his seat and placed his pipe on the table beside him. "I would hate to have to siege her castle my dear man, I would much rather a nice easy death, one with no guns going of and the little !@#$%* hacked to death as she deserves. As for Larsa, I would imagine you would be able to take care of him extremely easily, after all he does trust to some degree correct? Would you be able to get into the manor and kill them yourself? Or take one of my men and subversively get him in as one of your servants?"

"Also we need to talk about disposing of Lord Rukia of you my dear man." Hok chuckled, picking his pipe back up.

"Trust will be no issue, it might take some fast talking, but that's no problem either. Being a man trained to some degree in the arts of stealth and assassination, Kings learn these methods so as to avoid them but one can use them just as well, I know many delightful, evil, and most of all quiet and inconspicuous ways to de-throne a White Queen.

As for my father, he is a man of some controversy. There are many who would be quite willing to kill him at the smallest thing. All one would, theoretically, need to do is sow a little discord, cause a little strife, plant a piece of evidence or two, and...checkmate.

He's a showboater, a gloader, he needs to be humiliated, brought low, and destroyed."

"Trust will be no issue, it might take some fast talking, but that's no problem either. Being a man trained to some degree in the arts of stealth and assassination, Kings learn these methods so as to avoid them but one can use them just as well, I know many delightful, evil, and most of all quiet and inconspicuous ways to de-throne a White Queen.

As for my father, he is a man of some controversy. There are many who would be quite willing to kill him at the smallest thing. All one would, theoretically, need to do is sow a little discord, cause a little strife, plant a piece of evidence or two, and...checkmate.

He's a showboater, a gloader, he needs to be humiliated, brought low, and destroyed."

"Malthus." Hok called him over. "You will go with Lord Elijah when he goes to kill Tintagyl. You are to help him in anyway that he sees fit and hopefully at the end of all this well will have killed the leaders of both old Franzharia and the Hanseatic Republic. Also Elijah, if it isn't too much trouble I wouldn't mind if you brought me the body, I have a message to send to the world after her death. Very cryptic, very straightforward. After you tell me that Sarah is dead, I will begin to move out my associates to get rid of your father and bring him back down to the levels of the swine that walk the earth."

Taking Malthus aside afterward Hok whispered lightly. "And make sure that Elijah doesn't do anything that might screw this up. We need him, but we don't need him for too long. You know what to do."

Turning back towards Elijah, Hok smiled. "Together we will toast at a new set of pieces on the board. Because after one of the few voices of reason in the world is eradicated, those pieces who are neither white or black will unleash all hell once again."

"Malthus." Hok called him over. "You will go with Lord Elijah when he goes to kill Tintagyl. You are to help him in anyway that he sees fit and hopefully at the end of all this well will have killed the leaders of both old Franzharia and the Hanseatic Republic. Also Elijah, if it isn't too much trouble I wouldn't mind if you brought me the body, I have a message to send to the world after her death. Very cryptic, very straightforward. After you tell me that Sarah is dead, I will begin to move out my associates to get rid of your father and bring him back down to the levels of the swine that walk the earth."

Taking Malthus aside afterward Hok whispered lightly. "And make sure that Elijah doesn't do anything that might screw this up. We need him, but we don't need him for too long. You know what to do."

Turning back towards Elijah, Hok smiled. "Together we will toast at a new set of pieces on the board. Because after one of the few voices of reason in the world is eradicated, those pieces who are neither white or black will unleash all hell once again."

Elijah smiled as Hok finished his little monologue.

"You'll be turning over a few pieces in very short order, of this I can assure you, my friend."

Snapping on his heels he turned towards the exit but not before tilting his head to the side. "Malthus. When I have need of you, you will know."

Elijah smiled as Hok finished his little monologue.

"You'll be turning over a few pieces in very short order, of this I can assure you, my friend."

Snapping on his heels he turned towards the exit but not before tilting his head to the side. "Malthus. When I have need of you, you will know."

"Of course Excellency. I await your command." The servant bowed.

Hok puffed the smoke away out of the room. "And so it begins, once again, once again for ever and ever and ever."

It was just a whiff. Like the slight stench one would get when the gas line to the stove sprung a leak, or the eggs in your fridge started to go bad. Kelly couldnt ignore it. It nagged at him. Key people oddly absent at key times. He scrubbed his hands over his face. It could be nothing, but he decided to keep looking.