Liga Mundo - Season 5

Botha

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me, once before and it ruined my game form and game plans last season...remember?

One thing I noticed yesterday is how much older your team is compared to mine. You have eight players 30 or older while I have four 30 or older (three are 30, and one 34). I have 11 players 25 or younger while you have 7 that are 25 or under... so there's why your form drops probably a lot more than mine after a bad loss.

Also the two other teams you've played have also been younger, so I'm wondering if age has been a factor against you in the recent results? In other words, Arcadia is getting long in the tooth.

Take your time, VolNation :awesome:

Yeah, my team is old, I just think it's the new-season bugs getting to us. And I've never heard that expression, "long in the tooth before".

We have a match against Voobaha (I think) tomorrow, so we're going to do something there - 'Classic Arcadia' I think is what we'll play.

Compostela Artois earned a hard-fought 1-0 win in the MHA derby against FC Jerkerger and now look forward to facing the Grämlin-aligned Boltonia. Once again aquahol will be flowing in the players bar afterwards regardless of the result.

Finally, a defensive stop! I guess we needed to add some Calori's to our defensive diet, as we only allowed 1 shot on goal, and that was a free kick.

Dragonia, you look like just what the doctor ordered. Now let's see if this carries on to a match with another newcomer who is playing great, Estrella Roja.

Now, should I start Rojas against the Roja's? ;)

We have a match against Voobaha (I think) tomorrow, so we're going to do something there - 'Classic Arcadia' I think is what we'll play.

Voobaha 1 - 0 Arcadia FC.

pwned. :P

(goes to the basement to prepare for the major league sh!t rain that will be on my head for the return match)

Edited by Voobaha

Shorthanded ‘Boks win cup match on road

Playing down a forward for almost half the match after Charles Brennan was ejected, the Transvaal Springboks fought back for a 2-1 win in their first cup match of the season against new Segunda side Kelville FC. The teams meet for the second round next week at Loftus Versfeld.

Captain Dick Witchge got the Primera leaders on the scoreboard 13 minutes into the game after defender Joep Boekweg boomed a clearing pass up the centre. Unlucky thirteen reared its head 13 minutes later when Barney Logan headed the ball past ’Boks keeper Thurston Alderton to even the scoring at one-all.

Disaster struck early in the second half when Charles Brennan was ejected from the game. Now faced playing short-manned for the long haul and on the road against a plucky opponent, the Springboks midfielders stepped up their pressure as they put up a defensive wall to deny the Kelville forwards the ball as Alderton faced 5 shots – all of them in the first half.

Stien van Buyten, who is having a break-out campaign and finally settling into a veteran role after four seasons as a second-tier player, struck back fast and hard against Kelville when Matthias Rieger set him up for a close shot in the penalty area.

With the slim lead, the ’Boks defensive game was key as they clung on for the road win.

“Today’s match was another character win, losing Brennan so early in the match could have been what shot us in the foot, however our midfield out-hustled theirs and was the factor in the win. I’m really pleased as historically our midfield was our weakest part, it’s nice to see them now often being our strongest factor. That all said, but this game was by hard our most difficult challenge and it only goes uphill after this.”

Transvaal now faces struggling Arcadia FC in what many are billing the match of the week. Arcadia FC has been on a surprising skid after being billed the team to beat and will now be fired up to take their frustrations out on the ’Boks – while Die Bokke will be looking to one-up a side that has often given nothing but contemptuous disrespect to the boys in green and orange.

“Of the Big Three sides, beating Arcadia would be the sweetest victory of all because they more than any other side are a $@y bunch. God as my witness I hate them and it’s great to see Courtney and the rest of them being knocked down to size. And, I would so love our team to be a part of that” said midfield spotkicker Detlef Botha in the dressing room after the match.

What a cup round! parody a mist ... The under achieving again of the big 3, but just to balance the equation - ALDM has form now after that atrocious match against Boltonia, i rode Farriá-Forreiró he had like 6 chances and netting one and Flores scored. Vols performed, and Im guessing arcadia will be in form soon and will play better. It is becoming very competitive in the Primera and it will only continue. VooNats played well at home.

I have no comment on my match. I have Transvaal to practice my new strategy and then Voobaha at home (?) to perfect it.

And I stand by my quote from the press release: "We need what we needed to do (win at home), and it was the worst thing we could have done."

Rematch next week at your place.

I am looking forward to the back-to-back 'Rumbles' with the Vols starting on the 20th of April

I encourage all managers to start gambling in the Liga Stakes! it would be nice to see a large pot. I am going to start putting money down once I get a decent war chest at ALDM

And another draw... A come-from behind draw where we had the early lead... Good job Estrella in taking it to us, and I'm glad that we even got a point, given how both teams were playing.

Now, the challenge - There is a team threatening to run away with it all early in Transvaal, a dangerous club that has had all the pieces and has not put it together in a major way until now. It is now on our shoulders to make sure this stays competitive!

Week 3 in La Liga

-Lutherville Press (LP)

Need evidence that this season is not following the supposed script? How about this, the "Big 3" are acting more like the "mediocre 3." In week 3 the "Big 3" received a total of 1 point. With that one point awarded to Volnation who tied their game up in the 86th minute.

On the other end of the spectrum The Boks put another 3 points on the board and are now working on creating a buffer zone between themselves and the rest of the league. Three weeks into the competition the Boks have a four point lead over second place Duckies.

The SiPS also continue to match the talent of the teams they face, which had worked well for them this season. Until they played the Sinners and came away with a 1-1 draw at home.

At this point of the season, half of the league is undefeated (Transvaal Springboks [3-0-0], 1984 Duckies FC [1-2-0], VolNation Volunteers [0-3-0], and SiPS [0-3-0]).

Results:

Estrella Roja 2 - 2 VolNation Volunteers

Poss%: 46-54 SoG: 4-3

Scoreline: Roja: Romero (19'), Motta (66') Vol:Conner (12'), Great (86')

Subs: Roja: Begoña in for Wolakiewicz (74')

Bookings: Roja: Motta (Y,17') Vol: Gilliam (Y,9'), Moreno (Y,30'), Robertson (Y,37')

SiPS 1 -1 Swamplandia Sinners

Poss%: 58-42 SoG: 2-6

Scoreline: SiPS: Isoaho (53') SS: Palin (63')

Subs: SS: Weaver in for Chakravarti (38')

Bookings: SiPS: Isoaho (R,94')

1984 Duckies FC 4 - 3 Atlético Luz Del Mar

Poss%: 53-47 SoG: 12-9

Scoreline: 1984: Boto (21'), Stille (43'), OG Padin (65'), Thay Puu (75') ALDM: Farriá-Forreiró (29'), Padin (49'), Ochotorena (74')

Subs: 1984: Theilgaard in for Boto (32') ALDM: Asenjo in for Luis (45')

Bookings: 1984: Pedersen (45') ALDM: Cavaní (38')

Arcadia FC 1 - 3 Transvaal Springboks

Poss%: 54-46 SoG: 5-8

Scoreline: AFC: Murphy (22') Boks: B. Botha (9'), D. Botha (39'), Witchge (61')

Subs: N/A

Bookings: AFC: Halliwell (Y,88') Boks: van der Meer (Y,7'), Schot (Y,12'), D. Botha (Y,29'), B. Botha (Y,31'), Hooiber (Y,85')

Serie Segunda:

Estrellapuerto FC 1 - 1 Voobaha National

Rivendell FC 0 - 3 Keville United FC

Clyde Albion 1 - 3 Spartak MK

FC Stalybridge 0 - 3 FC Franzharia

Serie Tercera:

Boltonia 1 - 2 Compostela Artois

FC Jekerger 2 - 0 El Entrego

Dragonia United FC 0 - 2 Dun Carrig Bohs