Rebuilding and a New Age

Triyun

Triyun II took to the airwaves over the United Francoist Empire:

A Message from the Emperor of the United Francoist Empire

Today I come to you announcing the victory of the forces of Francoism over the Imperialists on the European Front. Thereby it is time that we the people of the United Francoist Empire focus on rebuilding. Our victory came at hard cost. The people's of Beijing, Shanghai, and Hanoi have lost many loved ones, and hundreds thousands more may be lost to disease. This cost is estimated to rise over four million by the end of this.

However, we will not settle for our country to be in ruin, nor will we settle for our relations to remain as they are. I hereby create the position of Imperial Regent as second leader of the country and the head of the civilian government and name Liu Kaishui as the Regent of the Empire. I also hereby cast my vote to admit the Dutch and the Germans into Ferrous Pacific. With that, I hereby relinquish my position as Emperor and Leader of the Military."

Liu Kaishui then stepped up to the podium:

A Message from the Emperor of the United Francoist Empire[/u]

Citizens of the United Francoist Empire, as your Emperor, I realize the task before me is not easy. The damage to our cities are real. We have lost some ground politically. However, I believe that it is not time to dwell on the past. We will strive forward, we will prosper, and we will rebuild. The new course of Empire is that of a kinder gentler power, which will focus on rebuilding our soft and economic power.

As such I am proud to announce our new economic development plan. EMP damages have mostly been repaired, and our factories are ready to get back to work. Our industries will be devoted to construction, clean up, and redoubling our efforts on environmental technologies. We will use both the reserves of the Bank of Chongqing and massive foreign direct investment from Viniland. We would like to thank them for their extreme generosity. In addition health professionals and equipment from Viniland will be used to work on preventing outbreaks of cancer and environmental damage.

I welcome any questions from the rest of the world in terms of our foreign policy. In the coming weeks I will reach out to allies and former friends and even future friends around the world. We will rebuild these relationships, and we hope to host many more world leaders in Chongqing. Technologies developed and techniques used to clean up from the environmental hot-zones around Hanoi, Shanghai, Beijing, and Lhasa will be shared with the world, to help them recover as well.

Thank you, and Good Night.

End Transmission

Francoism hardly defeated anyone. If victory is measured by whether your enemies still exist or not, then yes, Francoism defeated a harmless European. By normal standards, everyone lost, even those not in the war.

This is true.

What assurances do we have that the UFE will not follow such an aggressive path in the future?

The UFE will as always do what it takes to defend its interests. I highly doubt there is an opponent who exists today who will threaten or engage in the use of nuclear arms in a first strike, therefore we have no reason to utilize such fire power again.

It is debatable on who first used nukes agains enemy lands. And besides, how was Gebiv threatening your interests? They were bloody well minding their own business.

What of the recent tension between your two allies, Tahoe and Dragonisia?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Dragonasia is not an ally. Tahoe is. We support Francoist brothers in arms in Tahoe and our other allies whole heartily. The fratricide that the Dragonasian Empire committed against its Francoist brothers in Tahoe is despicable. The Dragonasian forfeited their rights to be called brothers when they committed that act.

Dragonasia is not an ally. Tahoe is. We support Francoist brothers in arms in Tahoe and our other allies whole heartily. The fratricide that the Dragonasian Empire committed against its Francoist brothers in Tahoe is despicable. The Dragonasian forfeited their rights to be called brothers when they committed that act.

OK, we can see that, though we disagree.

But you still did not explain satisfactorily why you even attacked Gebiv in the first place.

I do not need to explain why as I already have. They were deemed a national security threat and two allies requested assistance. It is not our problem whether the Promised Land accepts a Casus Belli as legitimate. Current material conditions do not suggest that there will be future wars similar to the last one, however, we are not going to change our overall foreign policy that we fight when called upon by an ally.

I do not need to explain why as I already have. They were deemed a national security threat and two allies requested assistance. It is not our problem whether the Promised Land accepts a Casus Belli as legitimate. Current material conditions do not suggest that there will be future wars similar to the last one, however, we are not going to change our overall foreign policy that we fight when called upon by an ally.

An ally who had no good reason to be attacking them in the first place...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

War has been silenced in the world yes, but to call it a victory Emperor? I'm afraid I do not understand your logic. Take a look at the world around you, your own country even. The amount of death that the world has gone through, the loss of some of the great historical and cultural centers in not only Europe, but around the globe as well and yet you are able to say that this is the victory of Francoism over the imperialist forces of Europe? I might remind you that it was your allies in Germany that began this war over Gebiv's own territory and if that is the case, your address is wrong or you do not fully understand the meaning of what imperialism truly is. I do not condemn you aid your allies Your Imperial Highness, I did the same and we all suffered in this war, but there was no victory, not for Francoism, not for any ideology and I hope that in this new age that you speak of, the ideologies of the past are forgotten.

For as long as the Hansa has existed in this world I have seen the warring of Francoism and Martenism almost on a constant basis of conflict. I believe that it is these ideologies that have forced the world into camps and that these ideologies must be done away with. Maybe after that, the world can truly know peace. That, Your Imperial Majesty is when victory can be achieved for all of us.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Uberstein releases a statement via radio, "Comparing imperialist Francoism to Martenism is absurd. Martenism was far from Imperialist, did you ever see him attempt to shove it down the throats of those who did not want it? The Francoists have spread their believe though force across the world, hunted down ethnic groups to near extinction, and destroyed art and history without regard. Let us not forget the nuclear war they started with their invasion of Rebel Army. These Francoist 'german' forces invaded Rebel Army for no reason at all except pure imperalism, and when Rebel Army defended itself nuclear missiles were fired at their cities, not just their military bases. What kind of rational leader aims at civilians? If the UFE was truly sorry, they would put this madman on trial for the murder of millions and the death of many more as the world's enviroment copes with this nuclear holocaust. Kaiser Martens Nordland never left Germanic lands in Europe, and only attacked nations that were direct threats to it. When Nordland was in Europe things were stable, the Welsh, the Italians, and the Germans got along. The war between Poland and himself was defensive. This speech by the Francoists is just more posturing to try and gain global favor. Give it a week, they will return to their genocidal and imperialist ways until their joke of an ideology reigns supreme."

OOC: I still don't understand what people's beef with Martens is. If you actually look at what he did, his nation was pretty tame compared to many people now.

Also, already rebuilt? With no RP? Pure BS.

It has always been difficult to differentiate Francoism from Martenism. I remember the days when the Francoists stood together with Martens as allies, comrades, and friends.

Where were the Francoists in the ideological wars? Where were the Francoists when East Germany fell? Where were during the Ny Sverige eugenics purge? During the old international ideological conflicts those who stood against Martenism were opposed or even slain by Francoists.

Generalissimo stood against Kaiser Martens’ ever expanding imperialist empire before it was fashionable.

Edited by Generalissimo

OOC: As was already given in the #cnrp chat. EMPs do not permanently destroy circuitry over hundreds of miles, they merely disable it in large part and it can rather easily be brought back online, with the exception of the areas next to the bomb. This is my RP outlining doing it. Frankly I don't care whether your recognize it or not.

OOC: EMP destroys electronics. Mainly Integrated circuits (ICs), CPUs, silicon chips, Transistors, diodes. Do you realize just how many of those there are in modern electronics? Heck, just making a circuit that runs a simple switch needs a transistor. You would need to REPLACE all those parts to get things running again. Not only that, but radiation is not just something you spray away with water. Alpha and Beta, yes. But Gamma Radiation, the kind that is produced by nuclear explosions, sticks around for a long time. It's been 60 years and where we bombed Japan still has unusually high cancer rates. Chernobyl was a steam explosion with radioactive materials on top and look what it did to Europe, almost every country got some radiation and it set off radiation alarms in a SWEDISH power plant. Chernobyl is in the UKRAINE.

Also, using IRC #CNRP doesn't count. What you're saying is we can magically have things happen even if we don't post it happening on the forum. The reason I don't count this thread as "rebuilding evidence" because you said it is already DONE. Pure BS. We don't change the standards for you or anyone else. You need to RP like the rest of us.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: As was already given in the #cnrp chat. EMPs do not permanently destroy circuitry over hundreds of miles, they merely disable it in large part and it can rather easily be brought back online, with the exception of the areas next to the bomb. This is my RP outlining doing it. Frankly I don't care whether your recognize it or not.

OOC: #cnrp is not for RPing. If something is said in #cnrp, it means that it usually can be done or needs to be done, not that it is. You still need to RP the damages and repairing them. Just saying "they're done" after knowing what's damaged doesn't count.

If that was vague, that's not our fault.