Designing a National Defense...

Maelstrom Vortex

It was quiet in the drawing room. Some sample rail gun scale models were displayed on the table produced from the head science institute of Dragonisia. "So you think we can super size these and shoot down missiles?"

"Oh sir, I think we can do a lot more than that with them.. although this structure would likely take up most of the surface area of Tasmania." Stated Auric Jones, head of ballistics development, "I think it could even possibly be used to deflect incoming killer asteroids and possibly commits.. at least.. enough to miss earth if aimed well."

"How long do you think it will take to implement this design?" Anthony Davis inquired of the man.

"It could be quite a few years, sir. There are a few technical aspects we need to get down first... but once they're hammered out it should make for an incredibly dexterous weapons system." Auric responded, wringing his hands. "It's a big project."

"Damn sure is." Anthony would say, "I'll bring it up with the council, try to get some of the research funding diverted in your direction."

"We'd greatly appreciate that, sir. So is our grant approved?" Auric asked tepidly.

"Yes, it is. Begin research and development immediately."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

(OOC: Stonehenge is a Railgun complex, a superweapon, that allows one to hit asteroids, aircraft and anything in the Air from Absurd distances. See Ace Combat 4. Im not so sure that something like this is a good idea...SDIs already take care of the Nukes. Tread Carefully)

(OOC: Stonehenge is a Railgun complex, a superweapon, that allows one to hit asteroids, aircraft and anything in the Air from Absurd distances. See Ace Combat 4. Im not so sure that something like this is a good idea...SDIs already take care of the Nukes. Tread Carefully)

OOC: Foresees *IMPOSSIBLE GODMODE* in the near future.

ooc: *Forsees* High tech, a completed missile defense network, and a completed sdi giving 50% against missiles 60% against nukes in.. I dunno.. maybe a year real time? It could still be a while. I will still be well within my IG stats. Sumeragi just sees what she would do with the complex, not what I would.

I want to be entirely clear on this...

To complete this project I will have to have purchased the following wonders: Manhattan Project + SDI + AA Network = Stonehenge.

The only added benefit I will have is rping its development and it will look really cool.

OOC: Question: why it is it amazing you have sat photos, yet no sats?. The fact you even claim to have still photos of my ship is pure BS.

If you persist, the rails guns look like a set of 18 inch guns on the outside, with a retractable cover for stealth purposes. Its like taking a picture of a formula one car in a sedan body, and trying to break the land speed record.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: Question: why it is it amazing you have sat photos, yet no sats?. The fact you even claim to have still photos of my ship is pure BS.

If you persist, the rails guns look like a set of 18 inch guns on the outside, with a retractable cover for stealth purposes. Its like taking a picture of a formula one car in a sedan body, and trying to break the land speed record.

ooc: Easy answer: Commercial satellite purchase from space capable allies with tech sharing treaties. Ever heard of google earth? :-P lol And some of the recon came off those cruise missiles on approach.

ooc: Easy answer: Commercial satellite purchase from space capable allies with tech sharing treaties. Ever heard of google earth? :-P lol And some of the recon came off those cruise missiles on approach.

OOC: One, those pics from commercial stats are not live feed, and can be over 8 years old. You need military sats for this, and your treaty partners just happen to have a sat in the right place at the right time?

Next, the missiles would not have seen the guns as they would have been back in their stealth housing after firing.

OOC: One, those pics from commercial stats are not live feed, and can be over 8 years old. You need military sats for this, and your treaty partners just happen to have a sat in the right place at the right time?

Next, the missiles would not have seen the guns as they would have been back in their stealth housing after firing.

ooc: That depends on if you are a government or commercial buyer who is doing a direct purchase of a feed and positioning.. or if you're a private buyer randomly looking up a zip code. Oh lord, do you even want to take up the positioning argument after how you argued about people being on top of my missiles? :-P Fine, they're inspired by railguns, but not the ones on your ship. Hope you're content now.

ooc: That depends on if you are a government or commercial buyer who is doing a direct purchase of a feed and positioning.. or if you're a private buyer randomly looking up a zip code. Oh lord, do you even want to take up the positioning argument after how you argued about people being on top of my missiles? :-P Fine, they're inspired by railguns, but not the ones on your ship. Hope you're content now.

OOC: thats all i ask.

OOC: Just how do you have the technology to build a massive multi-battery railgun complex, the computers to run it, and the tracking software for nuclear missiles without using sat's or massive over-the-horizon radar?
ooc: It's going to be my SDI.. That's why it's being started on NOW, lol.. huge project.

Its a VERY long term project. I think somewhere (I think IRC) he said that it would take a RL year. It won't be insta-build.