Who do you have on your ignore list?

Chickenzilla

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore lists are quite an extreme act, I really do not see ignoring anybody on a board over a game honestly. Or on any board really.

It never gets to me to the degree that I would do something like that and Ill be honest in saying that I do not understand people that use the ignore function. But maybe I am just a bit more thick skinned being a Balkan and all:D, also out of my teen years heh.

People I think are not worth my attention I ignore all by my self, but honestly, since like early 2007. there is nobody in this game I just ignore like that a priori. Sometimes even those you paint as those never contributing anything of worth can at some points and would be a shame to miss it.

I will be honest further and say I am really surprised that I got on somebodies ignore list fallowed by a lot of emotions in describing this act. Sometimes gives me this bad feeling that people take the game to close to heart at points. Gave me a chuckle though, no hard feelings,...not that it matters as the user can not view my posts.

Well anyway, know all that I do read your posts, no matter your AA or nick. Thank you all for the great 3+ years in the game keeping the boards mostly entertaining for me.

Well said.

That's your assumption and it's plainly incorrect as in my case as I've already stated there are plenty of people on here who you're just wasting your time with if you attempt to enter into a discussion with them. I choose to manage my time better by not engaging in discussions with brick walls, and the ignore function helps with that.

If you do not know how to argue with a "brick wall" that is because you don't know how to knock it down. Perhaps, even, it could be correct? Putting someone on ignore is just the easy way out of thinking, but if you wish to deprive yourself of other peoples contrary opinions and view only opinions you like, that is your decision.

It is also a rather pathetic shot at the person being ignored, as if that person is not speaking any sense. Thus we sometimes see multiple people do it in a wave to try to make the person being ignored look bad. If anything it makes the users look bad, and chances are they will peek anyway (just like starfox has done multiple times after "ignoring" me).

It is a political game... if you want to just eliminate opposing discussion like that, why bother?

So it's not even close to your reasons. I actually find that you brought up mental weakness as the sole reason intriguing and would love to know your rationale in more detail. From what I can tell, we're using a forum, so I am having a little difficulty understanding quite how one could be so affected by the presence of another (!?), or even be afraid of another poster :D to such an extent that they'd have to ignore them.

The Genmay person actually mentioned that he ignored Branimir and Corinan because he doesnt want to get "pissed off" at what they say and do something stupid. That in itself is not a sign of mental fortitude. If you cannot handle that poster without your blood boiling you have far more serious problems than the ignore button can erase.

Additionally, putting someone better than arguing than yourself on ignore is a cheap way to make a quick point and have an excuse not to lose any more debates with him.

Are you drawing on personal experience to form this opinion? Do you see yourself as having a presence or being able to instil fear into those who read your posts? If not and it's something else then go ahead and tell me, I'd love to know where you got this idea, it's fascinating.

Some people just cannot handle the truth, or opinions contrary to their own worldview anyway. You'll notice just in this thread alone that this trait can be attributed to a particular set of players and not to others.

Edited by Count da Silva

I honestly find the prospect of ignoring someone because of who they are to be quite ridiculous. Regardless of whether I hate someone or not, I will still read their posts, if only to get a sense of what the content is like. If it turns out that I'm not interested, I spin the little magic wheel of continuity that lies near my index finger and watch in awe as the post disappears before my eyes. Really, it get's me every time.

I've considered putting a couple people on ignore, but then I realize "if I ignore them, who else am I going to laugh at?" I remember The Scholar was a popular ignore-list target but I loved his posts. What with all the gargling of balls, that guy was jokes.

I actually have you all on ignore and just blindly lock threads and yell at you when I am in a bad mood.

Don't ask how I know what this thread is about, pointing out holes in my stories is a warn worthy offense )):

We know how you know, you're Darth Revan, knowing is like not knowing things that people shouldn't know so that you can know without needing to know to screw with our mortal minds.

I was gonna say meatbaggy but you're less cool than HK which kinda hit me halfway through. :awesome:

that begs the question, can you ignore mods? no, you can't, I just tried.

D:

Edited by Sargun