Who do you have on your ignore list?

Chickenzilla

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having struggled with the feature for a while I eventually decided to put on ignore two categories of people:

• The ones that use Peace Mode "jokes".
  • The ones saying that others are "irrelevant".

This because I think it's almost impossible to not waste my time reading this kind of people's posts.

I anway randomly read some ignored user's post here and there, and if I see a pattern of intelligent posts I generally un-ignore the person.

I am currently ignoring the following:

• Arcades057
  • Franklin
  • ali akbar mind
  • Bilzey

Edited by jerdge

I just ignore posts that I find to be uninformative. I don't bother actually blocking users because I like to think that any post that is more than a blind hail is worth reading and/or responding to. If what they say is stupid, that is all the more reason to respond: in order to refute a lie or correct a misconception.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned blocking myself yet.

I just realized how funny it is, that some of us are asking if anybody else has us on their ignore list.

If they did, they wouldn't be able to see the question:P

Wait, this isn't IRC ignore lists? I didn't even know there was a forum ignore list...

Edit: Wow, it's right there under your control panel.

Edited by Drai

No one yet, but...

Blasted!

I for one would enjoy putting the lot of you meatbags on my ignore list but then how can I blast you? It's a difficult situation.

I am about to lean toward ignoring HK47 for calling us meat bags. :P

(Mod staff, please don't hurt me)

Hmmm... No one but this Stagger Lee character.

I kid, I kid. I simply read the first few lines of a post and decide whether it will be worth my time or not. There are some people that I tend not to read though, because I find that their posts are generally drivel.

Ignore function is for the mentally weak.

Explain?

If this is going to be a 'why can't you just ignore posts yourself??????' type argument I would like to inform you that every time I have the misfortune to happen accross one of yours my brain cells commit suicide in protest at being subjected to such dirge. By placing you on ignore I will be doing my mental capacity a great service.

Explain?

I do not feel others to be a threat against my mental capacity. If you put others on ignore because you disagree with them, that means you cannot handle their presence and discussion or are afraid of them for some reason. I would only place people on ignore for reasons like spamming and obscenity, but those sorts of things are covered by the mods already.

Apparently it is considered witty and hilarious to some to plug one's ears and stick ones tongue out at people they disagree with, if they wish to do that that is their perogative but it is not an attractive characteristic.

Edited by Count da Silva

If you put others on ignore because you disagree with them, that means you cannot handle their presence and discussion or are afraid of them for some reason.

That's your assumption and it's plainly incorrect as in my case as I've already stated there are plenty of people on here who you're just wasting your time with if you attempt to enter into a discussion with them. I choose to manage my time better by not engaging in discussions with brick walls, and the ignore function helps with that.

So it's not even close to your reasons. I actually find that you brought up mental weakness as the sole reason intriguing and would love to know your rationale in more detail. From what I can tell, we're using a forum, so I am having a little difficulty understanding quite how one could be so affected by the presence of another (!?), or even be afraid of another poster :D to such an extent that they'd have to ignore them. Are you drawing on personal experience to form this opinion? Do you see yourself as having a presence or being able to instil fear into those who read your posts? If not and it's something else then go ahead and tell me, I'd love to know where you got this idea, it's fascinating.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list and I can't imagine I ever will. It's petty and unnecessary.

If this is going to be a 'why can't you just ignore posts yourself??????' type argument I would like to inform you that every time I have the misfortune to happen accross one of yours my brain cells commit suicide in protest at being subjected to such dirge. By placing you on ignore I will be doing my mental capacity a great service.

You say this, and in the same post ask him to explain himself. If what you say is true, then why ask him to not only post, but to address you?

You say this, and in the same post ask him to explain himself. If what you say is true, then why ask him to not only post, but to address you?

Well, in the quote you referenced I was referring to all of his posts I'd seen in the past (prior to this thread), which have all been on the same subject and have all been tiresome, as a way of showing where the ignore function is useful. When I asked for him to elaborate it was clearly on a new subject, different to tiresome usual one, and thus I was interested in what he had to say on it.

It was a rather flippant comment though, not to mention poorly worded and unnecessarily insulting. I apologise if I offended him (or anyone) with it.

Ignore lists are quite an extreme act, I really do not see ignoring anybody on a board over a game honestly. Or on any board really.

It never gets to me to the degree that I would do something like that and Ill be honest in saying that I do not understand people that use the ignore function. But maybe I am just a bit more thick skinned being a Balkan and all:D, also out of my teen years heh.

People I think are not worth my attention I ignore all by my self, but honestly, since like early 2007. there is nobody in this game I just ignore like that a priori. Sometimes even those you paint as those never contributing anything of worth can at some points and would be a shame to miss it.

I will be honest further and say I am really surprised that I got on somebodies ignore list fallowed by a lot of emotions in describing this act. Sometimes gives me this bad feeling that people take the game to close to heart at points. Gave me a chuckle though, no hard feelings,...not that it matters as the user can not view my posts.

Well anyway, know all that I do read your posts, no matter your AA or nick. Thank you all for the great 3+ years in the game keeping the boards mostly entertaining for me.

Edited by Branimir

Well, in the quote you referenced I was referring to all of his posts I'd seen in the past (prior to this thread), which have all been on the same subject and have all been tiresome, as a way of showing where the ignore function is useful. When I asked for him to elaborate it was clearly on a new subject, different to tiresome usual one, and thus I was interested in what he had to say on it.

Thank you for clarifying.