Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

gatobanner1np1.png

It’s been a while since we’ve told the international community at large the goings-on inside the Global Alliance. Taking advantage of the post-election season, we’ve decided to give a few updates on what we’ve been up to.

First, we’re proud to announce that we’ve passed two million total nation strength once again. This may seem like a minor achievement considering GATO’s past, but the fact is that going through the war that we have gone to set us back basically to square one. Fighting off the exodus of members during the Viceroyship has been equally damaging to our in-game statistics. But even with these obstacles, we have managed to once again begin the long voyage back towards the Sanction Race.

In the meantime, our government has changed drastically from the last one announced to the world, through a number of elections, resignations, and replacements. I present to you, the present government of the Global Alliance:

Assembly Chairman – MTTezla

Minister of Finance – JMKeynes

Minister of Domestic Affairs – Manis_B

Field Marshall – LordRune

Ambassador Praetor – Kevlar

This is a solid government, except for Kevlar and myself, and we expect to see it lead GATO to new heights in the coming months.

Third, we’d like to give a brief update on our consulate/embassy status: Currently, we are not taking in foreign diplomats. Hopefully, in the coming weeks, we will be able to open our doors to all alliances that wish to open negotiations. At the present time, however, we can afford only to house a select few, who have been notified by the GATOan diplomats assigned to your alliances. We appreciate the patience of those that have registered on our forums and who are currently waiting for a mask. We’ll get to you as soon as we can.

That covers the developments inside the Global Alliance pretty well. We look forward to rebuilding relations with many of you in the future, and until then, adieu.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, congrats to the 2 million NS and the new gov.

seems like you guys are actually pulling through what seemed to be a fatal blow..

congrats.

and like others, i say it would be nice to see and end to the viceroyship.

Hard times and dull times are the truest tests of membership loyalty. You will have members leave, but those who remain will have a greater bond for it.

Kevlar, still in GATO. The only thing surprising is your not Assembly Chairman. Your one of the few old timers in GATO I actually liked. I wish GATO the best on their long journey back to CN Politics and the sanction race.

Third, we’d like to give a brief update on our consulate/embassy status: Currently, we are not taking in foreign diplomats. Hopefully, in the coming weeks, we will be able to open our doors to all alliances that wish to open negotiations. At the present time, however, we can afford only to house a select few, who have been notified by the GATOan diplomats assigned to your alliances. We appreciate the patience of those that have registered on our forums and who are currently waiting for a mask. We’ll get to you as soon as we can.

phooey :(

gatobanner1np1.png

It’s been a while since we’ve told the international community at large the goings-on inside the Global Alliance. Taking advantage of the post-election season, we’ve decided to give a few updates on what we’ve been up to.

First, we’re proud to announce that we’ve passed two million total nation strength once again. This may seem like a minor achievement considering GATO’s past, but the fact is that going through the war that we have gone to set us back basically to square one. Fighting off the exodus of members during the Viceroyship has been equally damaging to our in-game statistics. But even with these obstacles, we have managed to once again begin the long voyage back towards the Sanction Race.

In the meantime, our government has changed drastically from the last one announced to the world, through a number of elections, resignations, and replacements. I present to you, the present government of the Global Alliance:

Assembly Chairman – MTTezla

Minister of Finance – JMKeynes

Minister of Domestic Affairs – Manis_B

Field Marshall – LordRune

Ambassador Praetor – Kevlar

This is a solid government, except for Kevlar and myself, and we expect to see it lead GATO to new heights in the coming months.

That covers the developments inside the Global Alliance pretty well. We look forward to rebuilding relations with many of you in the future, and until then, adieu.

I look forward to a GATO diplomat actually posting in the GATO embassy on the ODN forum, it has been a very empty place for far too long ;), I for one am estatic at seeing a formal GATO announcement. One thing troubles me however, i do not think you should be putting this Kevlar-Fella in charge of FA's as drama is sure to to be a consequence :P jk Kev you know i :wub: you :D

VIVA GATO!!

PS: were the hell is my embassy guys!!! :P

Edited by Cataduanes

Nice to see some progress, but it is well overdue for GATO to post anything and you posted it as if elections just ended to form a new government. Only one election concluded, late actually, and the rest of the positions are appointed... not exactly very GATOan to post such an announcement of appointed positions :\. And the MoFA? I was selected to be a "consul", over a month ago, really over a month to set up a ministry?

The AC Line of Succession, BrotherLouie -> DragonsPhyre -> Kevlar -> Morte -> MTTzela

Viceroy Line of Succession. Koona -> Vladimir -> Trotsky's Revenge (SDRD is merely a deputy Viceroy, but he seems to be the more administrative and actual doer of them all)

For clarification, given not much was ever said in public between DragonPhyre up till now. The circumstances of some of the transfers where not exactly under the best circumstances either. Might as well be transparent when making the first announcement in a very long time, the only two great things I see in this post are the 2 million mark (passed awhile ago, a non-official post was made on it) and the election of one office. Now get on recruiting! The numbers haven't changed in any significance since I left.

Maybe make the ministries accountable to the GA, it gives more incentive.

Nevertheless, o/ GATO I have no doubt that you will clear these things up and succeed in the end, just some minor hicups, nothing the alliance in the past couldn't handle.

I still :wub: you.

Edited by BarbulaM1