[CNRP] Philosophy, aint it grand?

Ranather

The Rukia Estate, 10km outside of Brisbane

At the very topmost aerie of the Library Tower, Ranather Rukia sat pouring over multitudes of books. A 'The Communist Manifesto' here and a 'The Benevolent Royal' over there. The room was dark, even in the midday, the blackout curtains made sure of that.

Only one oil lantern was present to light the area. As he spewed over the works of Tolstoy, Nietzschee, Voltaire, and Napoleon, he parted the curtain only ever so slightly to look out upon the landscape.

"Many are those who lauch their death devices for pleasure." he mused over a cup of Fine Turkish Wine, imported from Byzantium. "But what drives this maniacal pleasure, that is my question." The only answer he would recieve was the squak of a rare type of bird, purchased from some non-descript dealer, in some exotic port, in some exotic land.

"Is it a desire for a show of prowess, for expansion, or for simple primitive, animalistic pleasure? Who can say?"

OOC: 'The Benevolent Royal' :P

Doctor Tomas Pons, the new head of the philosophy department at the University of Brisbane, smiled walking out of the small car that his butler had been kind enough to drive him over to the Rukia Estate. The driver got out first, opened the doctor's door and handed him his wooden cane, the recent years had been hard on Pons' body and surely life was becoming more evident that he had little time left on Earth. Holding a copy of Ranather's Thesis A Philosophical Thesis on Modern Day Politics and Culture he approached the door of the estate as the car drove away. He prayed he was not bothering Citizen Rukia and if he was he would turn away, but few people were left in the world that still had a mind for reason.

Slowly he approached the door, and leaning on the cane knocked softly a couple of times waiting for life to spring from the estate.

OOC: 'The Benevolent Royal' :P

Doctor Tomas Pons, the new head of the philosophy department at the University of Brisbane, smiled walking out of the small car that his butler had been kind enough to drive him over to the Rukia Estate. The driver got out first, opened the doctor's door and handed him his wooden cane, the recent years had been hard on Pons' body and surely life was becoming more evident that he had little time left on Earth. Holding a copy of Ranather's Thesis A Philosophical Thesis on Modern Day Politics and Culture he approached the door of the estate as the car drove away. He prayed he was not bothering Citizen Rukia and if he was he would turn away, but few people were left in the world that still had a mind for reason.

Slowly he approached the door, and leaning on the cane knocked softly a couple of times waiting for life to spring from the estate.

Rather than sending out some manservant and forcing the doctor to needlessly march up flights of stairs, the Lord went out to personally greet him. After several moments he answered the door.

"The esteemed Dr. Pons, to what to I owe this honour? Please, come in."

OOC: I feel honored... :wub:

OOC: He :wub: 's you too.

Rather than sending out some manservant and forcing the doctor to needlessly march up flights of stairs, the Lord went out to personally greet him. After several moments he answered the door.

"The esteemed Dr. Pons, to what to I owe this honour? Please, come in."

Pons smiled and limped his way through the door into the magnificent residence. "I don't want you bother you Lord Rukia, but I was wondering if you and I could maybe have a bit of a chat, between two old philosophers. The students down at the university barely give me a headache anymore and I figure after talking with you and you to me we might both retire to our rooms having to pop in a few aspirin." He chuckled. "I read your thesis on the three forms of political philosophy that governs the world today and agree with it, but I think there is more to it then just three philosophies. Lord Rukia we are seeing a changing world where the two great political ideologies may be wiped out permanently within just a few years of each other. Forgive me for being to open, but I believe that if your countrymen in Confederate Tion had never fallen the world would have never come to this. Truly that invasion was the turning point in the world." Pons took a deep breath. "What say you friend? Shall we through the bull around for a bit?"

Pons smiled and limped his way through the door into the magnificent residence. "I don't want you bother you Lord Rukia, but I was wondering if you and I could maybe have a bit of a chat, between two old philosophers. The students down at the university barely give me a headache anymore and I figure after talking with you and you to me we might both retire to our rooms having to pop in a few aspirin." He chuckled. "I read your thesis on the three forms of political philosophy that governs the world today and agree with it, but I think there is more to it then just three philosophies. Lord Rukia we are seeing a changing world where the two great political ideologies may be wiped out permanently within just a few years of each other. Forgive me for being to open, but I believe that if your countrymen in Confederate Tion had never fallen the world would have never come to this. Truly that invasion was the turning point in the world." Pons took a deep breath. "What say you friend? Shall we through the bull around for a bit?"

Ranather smiled as he mused over the old man's words.

"Yes, I could go for a lively debate. Please, have a seat." he said pointing towards a pair of leather-and-mahogany chairs near the fireplace in the main hall.

"Though I was not present during the Tionese era, I can see where you are coming from. At the time Nordland was still a major world power, but I daresay far from it's peak and well on the decline. Though I am very certain of Tion as a catalyst for the radical changes and rise of the Franco as the pre-eminent Superpower, I am not sure that it's survival would have drastically altered the corse of history.

These Francoists, they are sharks of a particularly cunning breed. They are well known for their ability to exploit the political and social weaknesses of an area, region, or country. Had it not been Tion, surely they would have found another, as desperately as they sought it."

Ranather smiled as he mused over the old man's words.

"Yes, I could go for a lively debate. Please, have a seat." he said pointing towards a pair of leather-and-mahogany chairs near the fireplace in the main hall.

"Though I was not present during the Tionese era, I can see where you are coming from. At the time Nordland was still a major world power, but I daresay far from it's peak and well on the decline. Though I am very certain of Tion as a catalyst for the radical changes and rise of the Franco as the pre-eminent Superpower, I am not sure that it's survival would have drastically altered the corse of history.

These Francoists, they are sharks of a particularly cunning breed. They are well known for their ability to exploit the political and social weaknesses of an area, region, or country. Had it not been Tion, surely they would have found another, as desperately as they sought it."

"I can't agree more." Said Pons as he took a seat. "You look at the recent history of Europe. After Nordland was defeat you saw a rise in states, but even these states were unstable. I don't know if you recall the tensions between the then Vektarian Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia, a massacre of people almost sent Europe into another war. Every nation in Europe after the, I would say the fall of Martenism believed in a ideology of peace. But never before had I seen such Francoist pull than at that time. Couple that with the creation of the various blocs, Pax Mediterranea, The Scandinavian Union and then finally the Grand Army of Europe you can't say that Europe wasn't destined for another war. It is the battle of ideologies in my opinion Lord Rukia and now with the pending war in Asia we very well may see the fall of Francoism, or at least Triyunicism, but what is stopping all this war from happening again with a new set of ideologues? What would you propose?"

"I can't agree more." Said Pons as he took a seat. "You look at the recent history of Europe. After Nordland was defeat you saw a rise in states, but even these states were unstable. I don't know if you recall the tensions between the then Vektarian Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia, a massacre of people almost sent Europe into another war. Every nation in Europe after the, I would say the fall of Martenism believed in a ideology of peace. But never before had I seen such Francoist pull than at that time. Couple that with the creation of the various blocs, Pax Mediterranea, The Scandinavian Union and then finally the Grand Army of Europe you can't say that Europe wasn't destined for another war. It is the battle of ideologies in my opinion Lord Rukia and now with the pending war in Asia we very well may see the fall of Francoism, or at least Triyunicism, but what is stopping all this war from happening again with a new set of ideologues? What would you propose?"

Ranather cringed ever so slightly at the mention of the GAE, it was still a bit of a sore spot.

"It is never an easy question and the answers rarely come out of the blue and in plain sight. But I suppose if we went even deeper we could look at one's definition of 'peace'. It is my beliefe that the fundamental problem is a difference of opinion on what constitutes a peaceful situation. To a Triyunite, it would likely compose a world replete with those walking the party line, no dissidence, no opposing discourse. Servitude and hegemony in complete form, which of course a neutralite or some continentalites would see as completely unacceptable.

As for what I might propose, I am an itenerant scholar at best, not a politician, those days have past me by."

Ranather cringed ever so slightly at the mention of the GAE, it was still a bit of a sore spot.

"It is never an easy question and the answers rarely come out of the blue and in plain sight. But I suppose if we went even deeper we could look at one's definition of 'peace'. It is my beliefe that the fundamental problem is a difference of opinion on what constitutes a peaceful situation. To a Triyunite, it would likely compose a world replete with those walking the party line, no dissidence, no opposing discourse. Servitude and hegemony in complete form, which of course a neutralite or some continentalites would see as completely unacceptable.

As for what I might propose, I am an itenerant scholar at best, not a politician, those days have past me by."

"The problem I see with such things as complete hegemony is the simple fact that it can never truly be achieved. Even Nordland attempted hegemony with the creation of Magna Europa and the United Francoist Empire is attempting hegemony in Asia. It would appear than that until the philosophies are destroyed, war will reign rampant in the world as hegemony is sought for." Pons sighed. "In other words Lord Rukia, complete peace, an age of pacifism will never true be achieved. After the fall of one ideology another will rise to take its place." He chuckled. "Unless of course a ideology proclaiming diplomacy would arise, but you won't see that in this world."

"The problem I see with such things as complete hegemony is the simple fact that it can never truly be achieved. Even Nordland attempted hegemony with the creation of Magna Europa and the United Francoist Empire is attempting hegemony in Asia. It would appear than that until the philosophies are destroyed, war will reign rampant in the world as hegemony is sought for." Pons sighed. "In other words Lord Rukia, complete peace, an age of pacifism will never true be achieved. After the fall of one ideology another will rise to take its place." He chuckled. "Unless of course a ideology proclaiming diplomacy would arise, but you won't see that in this world."

"Sadly it does not stop those with money and power from attempting to try. I would be a liar if I said that I was immune to it. Once, half of the Indian Oceanic islands called me Emperor. After I ceded Diego Garcia to the United States of North America, however, one could say I lost my taste for hegemony. Revolutions, bloodshed, and attempts on one's person tend to change a man.

The fundamental destruction and change of a philosophical and ideological mindset is never an easy task, in that I believe we can agree."

"Sadly it does not stop those with money and power from attempting to try. I would be a liar if I said that I was immune to it. Once, half of the Indian Oceanic islands called me Emperor. After I ceded Diego Garcia to the United States of North America, however, one could say I lost my taste for hegemony. Revolutions, bloodshed, and attempts on one's person tend to change a man.

The fundamental destruction and change of a philosophical and ideological mindset is never an easy task, in that I believe we can agree."

"I think the ability to agree on that itself is enough Lord Rukia. It is humans that must make the change, not the ideologies and until we wise up the world will never be a truly safe place." He chuckled. "Given your present mindset I would say you would be more than ready to return to public office. If you can say these things to me in truth, then surely you could say them to a crowd, perhaps your time on stage is not yet over My Lord." Pons laughed. "Of course this again is only conversation, though I would be honored if in the future you would stop by the university, you are in the history books after all. A man that has seen the founder of Martenism face to face and talked with him no doubt, I'd be honored for a guest lecture and maybe future employment, what do you say? Public offical, doesn't always mean politics after all Citizen Rukia."

"I think the ability to agree on that itself is enough Lord Rukia. It is humans that must make the change, not the ideologies and until we wise up the world will never be a truly safe place." He chuckled. "Given your present mindset I would say you would be more than ready to return to public office. If you can say these things to me in truth, then surely you could say them to a crowd, perhaps your time on stage is not yet over My Lord." Pons laughed. "Of course this again is only conversation, though I would be honored if in the future you would stop by the university, you are in the history books after all. A man that has seen the founder of Martenism face to face and talked with him no doubt, I'd be honored for a guest lecture and maybe future employment, what do you say? Public offical, doesn't always mean politics after all Citizen Rukia."

"Let us not forget sharing a tank turrent with that now almost mythical personage." he smiled. "Nonetheless, It would be more than an honour to make a stop by some time. As for anything more than that...I will need time."

"Let us not forget sharing a tank turrent with that now almost mythical personage." he smiled. "Nonetheless, It would be more than an honour to make a stop by some time. As for anything more than that...I will need time."

"Well that will be fine." Pons check his watch. "But I have to apologize Lord Rukia, but I must be going. I wish you well on your further theses and I hope that you send them to me. I'm working on one now on the rise of Humanist thought and its importance and I will be sure to send it to you. But other than that, thank you for providing this old man with some interest in his life." Pons stuck out his hand for Ranather to take, which afterward he proceeded out the door to where the small car had returned to take him back to his house in Ipswich.

The Professor of Philosphy at the State University of Hoosville sends in a letter:

"The Northern Empire acts as a guiding force for anyone who seeks what is right. Who is to say what is right? Who is to say that person is right? Those who feel Mykep the Younger is a man of honour will see that he is the one who decides what is right for us. He gives reasoning and usually will be the guiding soul who makes his way to the hearts and minds of his citizens. He is a man who does not do what is right for himself, but right for his citizens...right for the world.

There is always a force who must stand against the unjustice and form a wedge on those who seek world dominance. That shall be Mykep.

There is always a foe who decides to take advantage of a nation much younger, and there is noone to stand with them. There will be Mykep.

there is always a nation who expands to a place where they do not belong, an imperialist who has expanded for the wrong reason. There will be Mykep to stop them.

Yet, he does not act in war, for every nation who has done wrong will see defeat...sooner or later. That is my philosphy, and that is my belief.

We are the shield, the wolf and the right. We are the Northern Empire. From our frozen lands we look out for the world under us."

Edited by mykep

The Professor of Philosphy at the State University of Hoosville sends in a letter:

"The Northern Empire acts as a guiding force for anyone who seeks what is right. Who is to say what is right? Who is to say that person is right? Those who feel Mykep the Younger is a man of honour will see that he is the one who decides what is right for us. He gives reasoning and usually will be the guiding soul who makes his way to the hearts and minds of his citizens. He is a man who does not do what is right for himself, but right for his citizens...right for the world.

There is always a force who must stand against the unjustice and form a wedge on those who seek world dominance. That shall be Mykep.

There is always a foe who decides to take advantage of a nation much younger, and there is noone to stand with them. There will be Mykep.

there is always a nation who expands to a place where they do not belong, an imperialist who has expanded for the wrong reason. There will be Mykep to stop them.

Yet, he does not act in war, for every nation who has done wrong will see defeat...sooner or later. That is my philosphy, and that is my belief.

We are the shield, the wolf and the right. We are the Northern Empire. From our frozen lands we look out for the world under us."

"Mykep fought against the cult of personality that was Kaiser Martens and now it seems that he himself has developed one. It is not my place to judge the worthiness of mykep nor his position and if the people truly believe that mykep does what is best for them, then, for them, the philosophy is sound."

Thesis #742: National Identity and the Fall of Nordland

"Today I broach a most interesting subject, the continued development of so-called National Identity on the continent of Europe since the fall of Nordland.

Nordland was an entity taking the various cultural ideologies and melding them into one effective 'Nordic' nation. Germans, Poles, Danes, Swedes, Finns, and to some lesser degree Slavs were lumped by the State into this one cultural idea. However, the glue, the force of personality that was Micheal Martens was, seemingly, the one thing holding this mishmash of idealogues together.

Since the defunctation to Nordland as an effective state, the various units have attempted in some way or another to differentiate themselves and build, once again, a unique identity. They have seen various degrees of success and failure, but I will focus on what in my opinion have been the two most successful at building this new 'National Identity', the Kingdom of Prussia and the UESR.

First the Slavics of UESR. Formerly known as the Eastern Union, this conglomerate of various Slavic identities has largely remained uneffected by the continuing trials that Europe has faced, not so in a material sense, but rather as a Cultural unit. Under the guidance of their Soviet-Administrator State Model, they have done a rather unique thing by by-and-largely seeing success in assimilating the various identities in their unit, not by the forceful approach, such as Nordland, but by rather having each unit build upon the strengths and weaknesses of another to form a cohesive and efficient nation-state.

Next we shall take a look at the Prussians, employing a more traditional form of the Monarchy, replete with a Lordship and Beauracracy system under the Kaiser Tanzband. The Prussians enjoy a more 'pure' cultural state, in the sense that there are far fewer differentiating Cultural Units, making assimilation and coeffasence easier to some degree. Though often times such racial purity can lead to some degree to a 'superiority complex' and bigotry, at this point, the Kaiser has done a remarkable job of not allowing such an atmosphere to develop.

In this I have outlined the evolution of two different lines of National Identity, one based on a melting pot of similar cultures and one based on racial and cultural purity, and though I cannot judge to favor one over another, it is my hope that you, the reader, find yourself a bit more enlightened, which is all I can hope."

Indeed, this is most enlightening. The comparisons and contrast are excellently done. We commend you on laying out a truly objective observation on the Nordic culture and people.

"I appreciate the kind words."

OOC: And coming from a Nord no less. :awesome:

Edited by Ranather

Intriguing Citizen Rukia, intriguing. I look forward to reading the creation of other theses on your philosophies of political and social consolidation. Also I would like to say I agree with the above paper to a high degree, the monarchy of Prussia has shown all the abilities of Enlighten Despotism applied in the best way possible. The leader is the servant of the state and the Kaiser demonstrates what is best for Prussia with every advancement and law that he approves up, as well as Prussia's contributions to our modern society.

-Tomas Pons

Preliminary Thoughts on the Modern Socialist State

Live Blog Session from Ferinh, Saboria-Canada

"Greetings and Salutations from North America!

As I research materials for my next proper Thesis, I thought I would give my esteemed readers a look at daily life in a modern and advanced Socialist state. Now, many, especially in Tahoe and Transvaal will know my personal feelings for Socialism and Communism, but part of my new vocation as Philosopher and Professor requires that subjection be thrown away.

From first glace, one would notice that all the modern amentities can be found. The state invests a great deal in it's infrastructure. But many of the simple things are the result of the focus on education. Education leads to the discussion on the taxation required to maintain it and then we move into more deep Socialist theory.

I hope that this little taste has left you hungry to digest more later on. Despite the vigourous debate on the subject, it is my hope, as always, that your objective eye grows with each passing day."