This Week in Pacificontinuum

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that Hyperion isn't in Sparta .gov, your classification of him as one of Sparta's leaders is still incorrect. He's a respected member, yes, but not a government member and leader.

Doh. I could have sworn he was in leadership. Meh.

I find it ironic that spying in Q has actually increased flow of information within rather than cutting it down, again TWiP helps sustain the 'hegemony' in so many ways, we should facilitate TWiP really!

Increasing the flow of information isn't inherently a good or bad thing, however the idea that TWiP is helpful is quite a stretch of logic by any means given the negative slant of the content. I don't think any rational being will honestly believe otherwise.

I find it ironic that spying in Q has actually increased flow of information within rather than cutting it down, again TWiP helps sustain the 'hegemony' in so many ways, we should facilitate TWiP really!

What were you trying to prove with this statement?

Increasing the flow of information isn't inherently a good or bad thing, however the idea that TWiP is helpful is quite a stretch of logic by any means given the negative slant of the content. I don't think any rational being will honestly believe otherwise.

Basically all the usual suspects have been left reeling and only the most bold are venturing out to try the derails/damage control/nitpicking/incoherency. Thus you are left with statements like that. First TWiP is boring, it's also old regardless of the first story being 2 days old, there is no spy anymore, the spy is probably a double agent, we're using more private comms now, we're more open than ever now.

But I thought Vox was irrelevant.

They have a certain relevance in the court of public opinion, although the relevance of PO is limited. Politically, militarily, and otherwise they have little to no relevance.

Edited by Count da Silva

It being helpful would depend on what one hopes to accomplish I would think.

They have a certain relevance in the court of public opinion, although the relevance of PO is limited. Politically, militarily, and otherwise they have little to no relevance.

Public Opinion certainly influences politics around here, and politics certainly have an effect on military actions. So, you were saying?

Rather, we have a certain influence in the battle for minds. Politically, militarily, and otherwise there is no better influence.

Rather, we have a certain influence in the battle for minds. Politically, militarily, and otherwise there is no better influence.

The sort of minds you are battling over tend to be self-limiting. The minds you want to target are the winners, leaders and intellects, the people who have real power and influence. To target them you need a real ideology that appeals to them, or offer something that has tangible benefit to their self interests.

The sort of people Vox influences now are people who are not capable of being at the top, whether due to self imposed limitations like refusing to advance their interests for irrational reasons, or incompetence, or emotions and youth.

Even if you were to influence so many people that you had a popular uprising (rather unlikely) you still need the higher category of individuals to lead it to victory.

The sort of minds you are battling over tend to be self-limiting. The minds you want to target are the winners, leaders and intellects, the people who have real power and influence. To target them you need a real ideology that appeals to them, or offer something that has tangible benefit to their self interests.

The sort of people Vox influences now are people who are not capable of being at the top, whether due to self imposed limitations like refusing to advance their interests for irrational reasons, or incompetence, or emotions and youth.

Even if you were to influence so many people that you had a popular uprising (rather unlikely) you still need the higher category of individuals to lead it to victory.

Fortunately for Vox, they have you to gather support for their movement whenever their own efforts fail...

And yet people in the top 30 leaders on the planet are sending me intel.

Fortunately for Vox, they have you to gather support for their movement whenever their own efforts fail...

:lol: even if that were the case that support would fall under the self-neutralizing category. Considering the fact I've yet to see anything of value offered to right-minded leaders, or any ideology that would appeal to influential intellectuals, I'm not particularly concerned.

:lol: even if that were the case that support would fall under the self-neutralizing category. Considering the fact I've yet to see anything of value offered to right-minded leaders, or any ideology that would appeal to influential intellectuals, I'm not particularly concerned.

Ha! Thats right everyone. Count da Silva doesn't see it so it must not exist!

Ha! Thats right everyone. Count da Silva doesn't see it so it must not exist!

Your sarcasm highlights your lack of understanding proper scientific analysis of reality. It is not up to me to prove your claim wrong; it is up to you to prove your claim.

Your sarcasm highlights your lack of understanding proper scientific analysis of reality. It is not up to me to prove your claim wrong; it is up to you to prove your claim.

I always do love when my opponents abandon their argument and resort to silly logic like this. But whatever. Two questions:

1. Which claim of mine have I asked you to prove wrong?

2. Which claim of mine are you wanting me to prove right?