Bomb Discovery In Francograd

Zeta Defender

Classification: Public Press Release

Subject: Bomb Discovery Report

Effective Date: March 2nd, 2009

Praetorian.png

pgshieldsm.png Bomb Discovery In Francograd pgshieldsm.png

From The Office of the Praetorian Prefect

A strong, courageous man enters the grand Body Republic of the New Pacific Order. As he enters, all in the room rise and notice his calming yet passionate fire. This man is the Prefect of the Praetorian Guard. Wearing his Black Suit and Purple undershirt with the Praetorian Pin on his jacket, he climbs up to the podium, and sets up his report in one strong motion. He adjusts the microphone, his strong voice starts to echo in the Rotunda of the Body Republic...

"At approximately 2:36 pm Francograd Time, a bomb was discovered at a local restaurant in Francograd. As the Explosive Ordinance Division was disarming the bomb, the Praetorian Guard was called onto the scene to investigate. In a manner of hours, two suspects were apprehended with ties to the known terrorist group, Vox Populi. The two suspects have acknowledged their connections to Vox Populi.

According to Pacifican Intelligence, the bombing of Francograd restaurants was an assassination attempt. The suspected targets of this assasination attempt are classified at this time, and have been placed under Praetorian Security. In addition, all Francograd restaurants, bars and clubs, have been outfitted with bomb detection devices prior to this announcement. Explosive Ordinance Division officials have placed Francograd on High Alert. As a result of the heightened alert, security scans will be increased.

As of this report, Vox Populi leaders continue to deny the existence of any plans to bomb Francograd, or that the two agents in question are theirs."

The report finished, the Prefect collects his note. Reporters swarm the podium in an effort to glean more information.

"What will be done with the suspected agents being held in detention?"

"What is your opinion about the new bill regarding Francograd security being discussed?"

Skillfully avoiding the reporters, he makes his way outside the Body Republic.

Three men dressed similar to the Prefect, approach from his right.

"They talked, we are moving now." one says.

The Prefect replies, "Inform the other Prefects of the operation, I'll be in operations..."

The four of them each disappear into a different nondescript vehicles and head off in separate directions, presumable taking different routes to Praetorian Guard HQ, deep inside Fort Francograd.

Edited by Zeta Defender

World Affairs (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. World Affairs is the place to discuss the drama and intrigue of Cyber Nations politics. As long as it's related to alliance-driven politics, it's in-character and it's not an Alliance Announcement -- it goes here.

OOC: This should fall under World Affairs since it is the politics of Pacifican safety, and since I hold that rank it is alliance driven not my personal nation driven.

Edited by Zeta Defender

Security is always our top concern. As for the Lady Pacifica statue, I didn't know that a building equals a statue. Probability just the bad brownies they gave out with the video making you see ladies in old buildings set for demolition anyways.

Security is always our top concern. As for the Lady Pacifica statue, I didn't know that a building equals a statue. Probability just the bad brownies they gave out with the video making you see ladies in old buildings set for demolition anyways.

Some statues I consider more important then a building because the only reason why anyone puts them up is to show tribute to a success or to keep a memory alive. I for one have made countless laws and protection legislation to protect the great monuments in Shilo, and in my fellow Nemesis nations, intact. We fear that the loss of one could seriously demoralize the people that resides in our nations.

"It's been six months

and your just now catching the people who did it?" Nintenderek asked his television screen from his nuclear bunker, laughing. "It's good to know how capable the Pacifican Police Force is, if they are just now catching two of our many operatives."

Nintenderek turned off the TV and began planning phase 2 of the movement on Francograd.

What? Are you trying to say you finally 'caught' a Vox spy that was actually a Vox spy and not an innocent bystander? That's news to our spies (who remain comfortably anonymous). The Praetorian Guard can't protect NPO. No one can. This will become more and more obvious as time goes by.

Be cautious with the confessions of insurgents, Pacificans. Some days ago, the Mounted Guard of East Brackwaters captured operatives uprooting some of our prized vinyards. Those agents also claimed to be from Vox. Additional intelligence demonstrated to us that these agents were following the orders of an entirely unrelated power.

Be cautious with the confessions of insurgents, Pacificans. Some days ago, the Mounted Guard of East Brackwaters captured operatives uprooting some of our prized vinyards. Those agents also claimed to be from Vox. Additional intelligence demonstrated to us that these agents were following the orders of an entirely unrelated power.

No, those were Vox agents. I like grapes. I don't mind admitting that.

Vox Populi is quite possibly used as a convenient scapegoat by domestic terrorist groups. Serian security services have noticed a dramatic increase in attributions by suspects to Vox, which turn out upon investigation to be false or at most loose affiliations from domestic malcontents to a nebulous external force.

OOC: I really don't think this belongs here. Even by this definition:

World Affairs (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. World Affairs is the place to discuss the drama and intrigue of Cyber Nations politics. As long as it's related to alliance-driven politics, it's in-character and it's not an Alliance Announcement -- it goes here.

This is not an alliance driven politic thread but instead something created in the head of the original poster. That would be a role play and there is a separate section for that. At least that's how I see it.

IC: I have a hard time believing two portions of this new report. The first is that two Vox spies would be caught, and the second is that any caught spy would openly confess their affiliation upon capture.

OOC: 'Alliance driven politics' = the real game, as opposed to CN:RP. This thread is about in game events (i.e. Vox vs NPO) and therefore is correctly placed.

Also, I see nothing wrong with reports on IC national events like terrorist attacks, as long as they are not a clear relation of a particular RL current event. Terrorism happens in RL, why would it not here?

Looks like Pacifica has some catching up to do with their media-savvy opponents. I daresay that Vox Populi is, by its very nature, a bit in the advantage when it comes to the cutting edge of the expression of ideas, though, but hey, some folks have need to censor their opinions and thoughts.