A year in review...

king601

Mod Alert: Some of this is OOC… I wasn’t sure where to post it…

One year in review.. and a few more days...

Ah, I made it. 369 days(I’m only a few days late). Long and hard and I sometimes wanted to quit. This is my one year in review.

What is said here is just my opinion. It does not reflect upon anyone or any alliances’ view.

My History.

I joined CyberNations 365 days ago. At 6:00:02 P.M on the 27th of February last year. I got involved in the game by a friend who develops websites with me… Needless to say, I became hooked. However, I decided to play the game solo. I stayed on none till around my 40th day. When Muck4doo asked me to trade with him… I did. So, thanks to muck4doo, I joined The Phoenix Federation.

From TPF I moved to Poison Clan… My stay in Poison Clan, was honestly one of the best stays I have had. The first stay being around 60-65 days. Sure, it wasn’t long but it was still one of my best stays.

From Poison Clan, I left, to make my own alliance… That failed before I got it off of the ground. Anyway, so I ran off to The Flying Ferrets. Well, not technically ran.. But you get the point. Anyway, TFF was an alliance, at which I didn’t make it long… (What a surprise right?) Anyway, so I left. Yay that.

I don’t exactly remember where I went to next… which pretty much happens a lot for my history because I have been to so many alliances that it blends together and I just didn’t care enough to write them down.

I went to Super Robot Pirate Ninjas eventually and that is where I got my government knowledge. SRPN is a protectorate of Poison Clan, so I remained connected in a way. Sure, Poison Clan’s government probably wasn’t happy with me…. And I can truly say I know why. As a member of PC twice I’m sure they weren’t happy that I was now in one of the Protectorates.

In September 2008, when 4 of the Black Alliances merged to form The Dark Evolution, I was right there… I joined in time to be a member when the rest of the alliance members switched. I was in The Dark Evolution for 45ish days. I’ll be completely honest with everyone here, because it’s the past, and it doesn’t matter now. I was placed on trial for something I said in a public channel.

The trial was the first trial that DE had and frankly, everyone looking back on it. They all say it shouldn’t have gone to trial. None the less, I requested to be expelled from DE because they wanted to take money and tech from me, for something that could have been dealt with by a simple slap on the wrist and a chat in IRC or something. But it’s okay… it happens.

After DE, I am unclear where I went, but it was probably a number of 1-3 day stays in a few alliances until I ended up in KroniK a protectorate of The Dark Evolution. Basically, I ended up staying close to DE after the trial… I was vice president in KroniK, however unfortunately, KroniK didn’t make it as far as the President had hoped and due to inactivity on the presidents fault I left, maybe not the best move on my part, but I did it.

I ended up in CyberNations Special Forces, an alliance, which had the potential to go far, however, it didn’t… We decided at the choice of the leader to go to other places.

Here is another place where I get unclear as to where I went and when that happened. I could completely be wrong on my dates that I have said… but it happens I guess.

If this was a movie I’d cut to the times when I ran MAC. MAC was an alliance that I made, not because I wanted to make it big, but because I wanted to help people, help them grow, and help keep them from the raiders. Yeah, I had a tinfoil hat on.

Here is where I’m going to take the time to thank BAPS for all the help they gave me during the time I ran MAC. From Cyborg, to NobodyExpects, and to the rest of the government there… You guys are awesome. Thanks :D

To answer some questions, I did merge MAC into Black Dragons, however none of my (3) three total members joined :( Anyway, it honestly didn’t work out for me in Black Dragons, so I resigned and I went to The Sasori Initiative.

TSI is where I felt at home, it really is home. I left TSI from the first time, because I wanted to make Aquila, my newest alliance I had been planning since MAC, and honestly, I decided to call it quits on Aquila, I’m not ready to make it… But really, I may be back with Aquila. I’m unsure right now.

Where am I now? I’m in TSI once again. TSI is so much more to me, than any other alliance that I’ve been in, they care. They care about the members, and they know that what they do, reflects on the members. For that, I thank TSI, for allowing me a second chance.

I would like to thank everyone for making it this far in my thread, my moment, and say the following. Many consider me an alliance jumper or hopper, I won’t deny the charges. However, I have changed, I won’t be jumping around anymore as you guys call it.

My reasons for leaving each alliance differ and I would like to note, I left all alliances through the proper procedurals that were set by the leaders or the Charter. I left for many reasons from each alliance, but the reason for leaving a lot was because many places I stayed did not treat me like alliances should treat a member, and in return, I could not do what members should do for their alliances.

I’d like to add, if someone has any differences with me…. Talk to me, we can work things out, I’m willing and I’d be glad to try to get on better terms with more people.

1 year and a few more days, my time in CN has been short compared to some, but I feel I have accomplished a lot in my year.. as to if I will stick around for another year, I’m not sure, but we will have to see… So that’s all, and now I’d like to shoutout to some people now.

Shoutouts

Muck4doo – Thanks for being my first trade partner, and getting me involved in TPF. You were nice and I want to thank you for helping me.

HalfEmpty – I’m not sure as to if you will get this shout out, but if you do, thanks for being my mentor in TPF :)

Peggy_Sue – Thanks for being there for me, for all my questions, from chemistry to CN :) Thanks

TwistedRebelDB47 – Thanks Twisted, from helping me when we were in TPF, from vouching for me, and for being there when I was in PC with you guys.

Mushi/Pie Man/and the rest of SRPN – All of you guys gave me my first experience when I needed it and for that I thank you. If things wouldn’t have gone sour, I think you guys could really have had a lot of potential. But it happens, life happens and most of all people realize CN is just a game.

The Dark Evolution – Sure, you put me on trial, but you guys were enough OOC for me and just the right amount of IC. Things turn sour though, and that happens… All I can say to you guys is, try to keep your head clear of Politics for a while after your mess up… but remember, remember the principles that DE was founded on, and what the original founders wanted in it.

Tokugawa Mitsukuni – Thanks for helping me with some issues I had, and for all the things you do for me on CN :D Thanks Keep rocking Shogun.

Shurukian – Thanks for giving me a chance in TSI, then going back after I left the first time, and giving me a second chance. Thanks a lot, it means so much to me and I won’t let you regret it.

Pensfan – You gave me two chances in TFF and I appreciate that… Going rogue the first time on me… well looking back, it was fun. Let’s not do it again. Good luck

TheAUT – Yeah… not much to say on this so far…. Other than you totally handed my dead soldiers back to me when we fought in the war… It happens :D Good luck though and I’m glad to see you growing again.

Bob – Yeah, we post year threads, because we can… and it annoys people like you… so here’s to that

Demolantis – From the good times we have in IRC channels, here is to more good times of chasing people off :)

Randalla – Thanks for all the help you’ve given me on IRC for any issues I may have had. o/ to the Amazon Women :)

Jewel - Thank you Jewel for being there if I had any issues... and o/ Apocalypse

I tried to get the people who I wanted to put in here if I missed someone hit me up on IRC or PM me and I’ll see about giving you one.

So, here’s to my first year, and hopefully for another :) If not, well it’s been fun :D

- King601

Edited by king601

o/ King601

King 601, one of my best mates here on CN. Been a blast havin' you around IRC and what not. I don't even know how the hell I even met you, but I'm glad that I did :D

And people, I cannot stress this enough, King601 is NOT an alliance whore. Just because he's been in many alliances doesn't make him an alliance whore. I made the mistake of calling him one many times in the past, and I regretted it when I found out why he's been in so many alliances. So DON'T make the same mistake I made. You'll make *Happy Face*

All in all, it's been a great run for you, King, and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you.

Cheers!

Congratulations on your one year, King. I can't say that I have experienced a lot of what you have for all your alliance movement, so there you go - you've got something on me. ;)

I'm glad you finally found yourself a home. I knew you would be a great addition to Poison Clan long ago, and you would have been if you could ever keep your hyperactive $@! in one place and calm down. There are a lot of things you can help an alliance with, and you've always proven to be active. Unfortunately, things in your version of CN seem to move faster than anyone else's, but I'm glad you slowed down enough to find a good place to stop in TSI. Enjoy yourself, and hopefully if you make a two year, its less about the different alliances you've been to and more about leading an alliance to bigger and better goals.

King, if there's anything else I can say it's this - don't sell yourself short. You've got a frightening amount of potential and it's good to see you taking some time to settle down and take stock of the lessons you've learned. I'm proud to call you an alliance-mate and a friend. Here's to another year in the cyberverse.

Kingy's good people. Sure I wanted to duct-tape you down somewhere for your own safety, but I know you mean well, and you put up with my alliance full of mother hens quite admirably. ;)

Congrats on a year, give or take a few days, and we're glad to have you in our channel any day. ;)

I'm crushed. I didn't get a shoutout. After all the time you spent in #hoo_ooh! :(

And yes, King is a great guy ... but he also is an alliance hopper. Don't sugarcoat it just because he's a nice guy. Calling someone who jumps from alliance to alliance and always seems to have a "good reason" is the very definition of an alliance hopper. He was in Nemesis until the day after our DoE before leaving due to feeling like his "voice wasn't being heard" ...

Either way, congrats on making it a year. Most of us do not and I sincerely hope that one year from now you are still in TSI. When you left, I had a great conversation with them and they seem like good people. You are extremely active and willing to learn and I firmly believe that if you stuck with an alliance long enough, you would become a great asset to them ...

To the only person that has been in more alliances then he has days to his nation, I salute you.

Congrats on a year King. You're a good guy and an awesome friend. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks Incitatus, sorry I forgot to get you a shoutout... Next time?

King, if there's anything else I can say it's this - don't sell yourself short. You've got a frightening amount of potential and it's good to see you taking some time to settle down and take stock of the lessons you've learned. I'm proud to call you an alliance-mate and a friend. Here's to another year in the cyberverse.

Thanks Toku. May admin let the rest of the cyber verse fear my frightening amount of potiental.

You forgot Nemesis <_<

Congratulations on a year though, it's always good to see a nation make it this far :)

Nah, I didn't forget Nemesis. I left it out on Purpose.

I'm crushed. I didn't get a shoutout. After all the time you spent in #hoo_ooh! :(

And yes, King is a great guy ... but he also is an alliance hopper. Don't sugarcoat it just because he's a nice guy. Calling someone who jumps from alliance to alliance and always seems to have a "good reason" is the very definition of an alliance hopper. He was in Nemesis until the day after our DoE before leaving due to feeling like his "voice wasn't being heard" ...

Either way, congrats on making it a year. Most of us do not and I sincerely hope that one year from now you are still in TSI. When you left, I had a great conversation with them and they seem like good people. You are extremely active and willing to learn and I firmly believe that if you stuck with an alliance long enough, you would become a great asset to them ...

I left you out for a reason...

You should know my reasons for leaving wasn't just that. I won't bring that up here though, it's complicated and if you want me to remind you, then you know where to find me.

Also: thanks, and hopefully I'll be in TSI for longer :) You shouldn't stalk me though... I get creeped out.

365 alliances in 365 days??

I'm impressed.

As I said at the top, I haven't been in that many alliances.

Bob – Yeah, we post year threads, because we can… and it annoys people like you… so here’s to that

Hatred should be obvious.

Congrats on a year :)