Legion Super Cup

Arcadian Empire

LegionFlag.png

The Legion Super Cup

Support. Laugh. Cry. Smile. Win. - Legion Super Cup

Midway through a season, the most prestigious cup in the Legion begins. The Legion Super Cup. 16 teams, 2 divisions, in a single-elimination knockout competition. The Championship teams will be gunning for glory, while paying little attention to the minnows. The Praefectus teams will be gunning for glory, albeit different, they gun for glory in defeating the big teams.

General

The Legion Super Cup is a knockout Cup competition for the Legion Championship. This Super Cup is the first in its format. It involves all 16 clubs in all two divisions, and because of this, teams from the lower Praefectus League have the chance to defeat higher-ups, being "giant killers".

History will be made in this Super Cup, seeing if the top teams really deserve to be at the top, while giving the lower teams a chance to shine. The winner of the Legion Super Cup will receive a 'scholarship' (a recommendation from Arcadia FC) to join Liga Mundo, the World League for club teams.

The competition is a knockout tournament with each round being drawn at random, there are no seeds, and the draw is not made until one day after the previous round.

Each game is one single leg. If a match is drawn, the match is settled with extra time and penalty shootouts. There are a total of four rounds in the competition, being played every Sunday, starting from the Round of 16 to the Final.

The Teams

AC United (Kyoteey)

League: Praefectus

Placing: 7th

Form: LWDLW

Comments: The team formally known as "Foundation" has a new manager. Because of new management, the manager will only have the mid-week league match to get a 'feel' for the team. What a disadvantage, however an attribute studded line-up should inject some life into a pretty good team, provided the manager cares for the team.

My Bet: Quarter Finals.

Iron Warriors (SIWELCELA)

Placing: 8th

Form: LLLLL

Comments: This team was also put under new management by an interested party, retaining the name given by Halicore, the NpO entrant. Their match with AC United will be quite even because this manager, and the other manager are both new at this, and has one match to get a 'feel' for the team. If the manager cares for the team, they should do well.

My Bet: First Round.

Pandanaughts (McQuillen)

League: Championship

Placing: 8th

Form: LLDDL

Comments: Also under new management, this outfit is somewhat weaker than other counterparts - but because of them being 'lucky', got a Championship placing instead of a 2nd league placing. However, they've been disappointing, falling to 8th. If the manager cares for the team, they may do something great. This team grabbed 2 points in the last 5 matches, so all hope is not lost.

Orange Terrors (N/A)

Placing: 4th

Form: WLDLL

Comments: Even without a manager, the Terrors are doing great, climbing to 4th on the table in the lower league. Expect nothing much, this team is win fodder.

My Bet: First Round

Beached Whales (Konkrage)

Placing: 5th

Form: LLDWL

Comments: This team used to be at the top of the table, but after their manager took a siesta from the 13th...

Illawarra Steelers (Dendarii Federation)

Placing: 3rd

Form: DWWWL

Comments: Defeating Pikachu FC 7-2 on aggregate is not something many teams have achieved. This team has. Although 3rd, this team has shown greatness and winning the cup has earned them the right to play in Liga Mundo, although the application process is still underway, they should be playing nonetheless. They should make mincemeat of a side with no manager.

My Bet: Finals

FC Firedog (afrey22)

Placing: 1st

Form: WWWWW

Comments: An active manager, and a skilled one will do your team wonders. This is exactly what happened and this team is heading for a 'promotion' to Liga Mundo, taking Pikachu FC in their Senator's Cup down on the first leg with Pikachu FC with an absent manager having to dig deep to progress - but FC Firedog was defeated narrowly by a finalist, still good stuff. The sheer fact that they defeated Pikachu FC 2-1 in one of two meetings is a plus, it should be a great match - although it is a shame that two active teams were paired together.

Pikachu FC (Arcadian Empire)

Placing: 4th

Form: LLLLW

Comments: Arcadia FC hails from this country, but the form they are in hasn't exactly been replicated in the second season with a horrible lack of form dropping them down to 4th, 9 points behind league leaders. Their only win was a 'rivalry' win 1-0 against Dendarii Federation's Steelers to end a 3-match losing streak with them. Pikachu FC have a chance to redeem themselves, and with the skilful managering skills of the Empire - it should only serve them well.

My Bet: Semi Finals

Chonto FC (Chris Fulton)

Placing: 3rd

Form: WWDLW

Comments: This team was dead last before, but a new manager rose this team up from the ashes and excelled it to 3rd. Recent problems in regards to manager activity are questionable, and they face the league leaders FC Malawi first. Still, this is a genuine chance for the meek to inherit the world.

FC Malawi (totem)

Placing: 1st

Form: DWWWW

Comments: The Minister of Defence has showed that if you threaten the other teams with nukes, you'll win. Although that hasn't quite happened yet, their 2nd place finish last season has inspired them to attempt greatness, but their cup record isn't good - being eliminated first round in the two leg cup. This is different though, 90 minutes to shine, mistakes punished. Although they have a relatively easy assignment against a Praefectus side with some problems.

My Bet: Winners!

The Sharks (King Seifer Almasy)

Placing: 5th

Form: WLDLL

Comments: An absence of the manager in season 1 and the retention of the same for season 2 wasn't that good, but they aren't at the bottom - but on 5th. They have the inform and experienced Kumatians up against, and as good as they are, Kumatians have international experience, something the Sharks do not have. However, they are 5th for a reason, and could show some glimpses of greatness.

Kumatians (Midas)

Placing: 2nd

Form: WWDWW

Comments: International experience is very good, and is something this team has. A slight slump in form when the manager took a holiday has been nonexistant since, with their team pushing up from 6th-ish to 2nd. This team is probably the best bet for a giant killer, although in some instances, the opposition may be the giant killers. This team has great potential.

My Bet: Semi-Finals

Prosperus Penguins (nonamemark)

Placing: 6th

Form: WWLLD

Comments: When inducted into the league, a promise of "bloody football" was made. That hasn't been quite the case for this troubled team, but nonetheless an active manager can do wonders.

The Hasselhoffs (FreeMason)

Placing: 2nd

Form: WDWWW

Comments: The Legion's SOPHIE has been anything but girlish in the approach to the World Game. Playing good, solid, attacking football has earned them 2nd place in the league - and grabbing a semi-final spot in the last place, and with an easy target perhaps, this team will be looking to go one up from the last cup.

My Bet: Quarter Finals

Wolf Team (Eveready)

Placing: 7th

Form: LLDDD

Comments: The only other international side, an absent manager has made the team drop dramatically. 'Nuff said.

FUstarKU (FUstarKU)

Placing: 6th

Form: LLDWL

Comments: Even with an absent manager, this teams ability to get points anyway is a help.

Fixtures and Results

Round of 16 - Sunday March 8, 3:00am (CN Time)

AC United vs. Iron Warriors

Pandanaughts vs. Orange Terrors

Beached Whales vs. Illawarra Steelers

FC Firedog vs. Pikachu FC

Chonto FC vs. FC Malawi

The Sharks vs. Kumatians

Prosperus Penguins vs. The Hasselhoffs

Wolf Team vs. FUstarKU

Keep watch for updates!