Leave of Absence

Triyun

Thinking it over tonight, I think it is best that I take a leave of absence from this. I think that my presence has caused enough flaming in #cnrp, for no real reason I suppose other than perhaps that I treat this as a nation RP rather than a personal one. It seems that there is a fundamental divergence between the game I'm playing, which is all about macro-political, military, and economic issues, and those which others wish to play, in the past I've called it royal utopian jet setting, I suppose others see it as something else entirely.

I have witnessed in recent weeks quite a bit of trolling in IRC and some accusations that to me seem to border on the OOC line, making assumptions of sinister plans behind every move. As such I think its best that I take a leave of absence and put my nation on hold. If an ally needs help I'll send my forces in to fight, but other than that I am going to declare my nation on national hiatus and won't be participating in any more political issues. I'll take my nation to whatever ends my allies want.

This does not apply to CN RP R.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, guys. Seriously? Harassing Triyun?

Pathetic, folks, just pathetic.

I am very sorry to see Triyun feel this way toward CNRP.

I figured with Spring Break coming up for me, I'd have a chance to get back into it. However, it seems that a few individuals are making this extremely OOC and personal and I won't have any part of that.

As such, the Commonwealth of Wighton as an RP entity will now be exclusive to CNRP:R.

My god, guys. Seriously? Harassing Triyun?

Pathetic, folks, just pathetic.

I am very sorry to see Triyun feel this way toward CNRP.

I figured with Spring Break coming up for me, I'd have a chance to get back into it. However, it seems that a few individuals are making this extremely OOC and personal and I won't have any part of that.

As such, the Commonwealth of Wighton as an RP entity will now be exclusive to CNRP:R.

You know, the only fact that I can say is that OOC arguing can make you blue in the face and worn out.

However, the recent events in unfolding are by no means extremely OOC or 'personal'... sure, OOC is involved, but IC-wise, the nations lining up were looking to shift the tables of power. And if you can't handle that... you should take a small break.

I would like to know who were harassing Triyun... you could PM me that if you wish.

If you go inactive, you get purged. Holding all that land and only being active for war isn't fair to people who want to join.

Also, I'd like to see where you were being harassed, because last I saw it was just people noticing certain actions. If I had called in RoKers when I was in RoK to take up land and only post when war comes around I would have been called up for it, why should you be the exception?

The constant highlights in #cnrp

"Triyun is doing x or y"

I believe we are talking about the same thing then. Many people believe that you have brought in alliances friends to simply give you more power during wars, and evidence has been presented in favor of that belief. Because of this, at least I and I assume at least a few others are having trouble trusting your word.

I believe we are talking about the same thing then. Many people believe that you have brought in alliances friends to simply give you more power during wars, and evidence has been presented in favor of that belief. Because of this, at least I and I assume at least a few others are having trouble trusting your word.

That is precisely the issue, I've done nothing OOC to merit you not. Your taking my IG actions as signs of OOC characteristics. I've always been upfront about my IG actions motivations, and your attributing them OOC.

That is precisely the issue, I've done nothing OOC to merit you not. Your taking my IG actions as signs of OOC characteristics. I've always been upfront about my IG actions motivations, and your attributing them OOC.

I believe it is an OOC action to invite people over from your alliance to act as weapons.

The constant highlights in #cnrp

"Triyun is doing x or y"

Then stop going on it.

What is with people! (Waning vent immanent) People seem to chase after things that make them angry, and then act all uptight about how everyone hates them when they have to reap what they sow. Something bothers you? Something is filled with people who don't like you? Ignore them! Ignore it! Chances are that you brought on whatever is happening, and if people won't listen when you explain themselves, walk away before you can make it worse! Don't look for pain and irritance at every turn, it's better to just walk away (As you are doing, but others seem not to do). (/vent)

Angry life advice brought to you by Agea

I presume nothing, I'm going off the evidence, including some that hasn't been shown.

Ultimately I'd say you are harassing him by heckling him and questioning a done decision that is ultimately his to decide. Personally I don't care what he was referring to or why he is doing this; its his choice, and as long as he returns before twenty days then he isn't purged. Moreover, even if the harassment he is referring to was generated by his recently recruiting of NPO members into RP then is that any less legitimate a reason to want to step away?

Edited by iamthey

Ultimately I'd say you are harassing him by heckling him and questioning a done decision that is ultimately his to decide. Personally I don't care what he was referring to or why he is doing this; its his choice, and as long as he returns before twenty days then he isn't purged. Moreover, even if the harassment he is referring to was generated by his recently recruiting of NPO members into RP then is that any less legitimate a reason to want to step away?

Let him take his break. If he doesn't want this war, I've offered ways to end it. I'm even willing to offer my own peace terms.

Very well, then my understanding is you are withdrawing your state of War with Dragonisia since this is happening? You can't just declare war and walk away. I will let you have peace, but you must declare it yourself.

Peace also requires you not allow Mudd to use your territory or anyone at war with us for that matter.

For the record, a statement before my peers:

[00:39] <%Maelstrom_Vortex[NPO]> I have nothing against Triyun OOC except his behavior in the game

[00:39] <%Maelstrom_Vortex[NPO]> He's a Pacifican and a friend.

Likewise, I understand you have objections with the things I do, but we don't agree on everything 100% of the time, no one can expect to. There are things you do and have done recently that make me very angry, but it's nothing relating to you honoring your CNRP alliances or any of that.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Look, the #1 rule of CNRP, which everyone should know. OOC actions will and can fuel IC actions... I can assume everyone of us has OOC agendas integrated with their IC moves. Some of these moves are both OOC and IC, so we have zero distinction.

This isn't about the NPO buddies, or the OOC arguments recently. Look, those are things people nit-pick, so what, those are the rules... if someone doesn't like it, either it's a) they'll bawww about it in their special way, B) continue to move on to RP, or c) something else that relates to bawwing

Pretty much, Triyun saw something on the horizon and he didn't like it. However, CNRP actions will continue regardless. I'm sorry if you got harasses, but that's OOC for ya. It gets annoying... people can live with it, or turn off their IRC and keep playing.

I'd also note I offered to withdraw the attack and I did withdraw the fact the missiles existed, giving Mudd the easy out of not having a war at all. He chose to go after me instead. If you want to talk about OOC vendetta's causing you a problem Triyun, perhaps you should turn your gaze upon those you call Ally in the RP and their interpretations of events.

If you leave and you do not get peace with the aggressors, we reserve the right to do as you have done to so many other nations and tried to do with me. We will march right over your non-responsive armies and into the heart of your empire, partitioning it among the victors when we are done.

How's that for "Respond to my attacks or be annexed" policies?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Look, the #1 rule of CNRP, which everyone should know. OOC actions will and can fuel IC actions... I can assume everyone of us has OOC agendas integrated with their IC moves. Some of these moves are both OOC and IC, so we have zero distinction.

This isn't about the NPO buddies, or the OOC arguments recently. Look, those are things people nit-pick, so what, those are the rules... if someone doesn't like it, either it's a) they'll bawww about it in their special way, B) continue to move on to RP, or c) something else that relates to bawwing

Pretty much, Triyun saw something on the horizon and he didn't like it. However, CNRP actions will continue regardless. I'm sorry if you got harasses, but that's OOC for ya. It gets annoying... people can live with it, or turn off their IRC and keep playing.

Here is my alliances in the region:

Shan Revan

Coursca

Iamthey

LeVentNoir

Those correspond to the strongest powers.