Finishing the Job

Kaiser Martens

A transmission was sent from Mannelig's Bunker.

"Today, at 6:13pm, our beloved Leader, General Mannelig, Defender of the German, Nordlandic and Italian People, has passed away as a result of a prolonged fight against Cancer, when a high risk operation to try to save him was unsuccessful. This is a sad day for all of us, but a honorable one for he fought not only against Outer Forces but also against his own Body, and for that he will enjoy a place in Valhalla along with all of our brave Soldiers and Citizens who were slain and then chosen during the war."

17-020.jpg

"He is being carried through a military funeral over to the remains of Martenshaven, where he will be buried next to many of the mass graves, buried on the same place where the Temple of the Norns was located, where he had gotten married. Additionally it was announced that Mannelig's Bunker is being retired from service and will be turned into a Museum of Nuclear Holocaust to all victims of the war, on all sides, open to all nations."

"We are proud of having served under the General and hope that his Life, his Tragedy, as well as the War will be lasting pieces in history to ensure that no war of this type and proportion ever happens again. It was his last will to create the museum as described. Mannelig's grave will be in the form of a Panzer with a thick bulletproof Glass Cover from atop from which he can be seen in full uniform. The remainder of the Italian Forces that survived the war will be split in three units which will have as their task to keep safety in the Bunker Museum, in Mannelig's Grave and the surrounding Mass Graves, and another third stationed in Rome to forever be the keepers of the Mass Graves."

"That is all. Mannelig's Bunker, out."

Demilitarization began, artists and historians began to arrive to plan and then build the Museum proper.

KV-1_01.jpg

“Whatever mistakes were made in the past, no one deserved that, may Mannelig rest well.”

Privately Generalissimo felt little sympathy for a coward willing to give up so easily on his life, people, and responsibilities for entirely selfish reasons. Even if it was the cancer that finally killed him, Mannelig consciously chose to lie down in a bunker and die, right when Italy needed him most.

Edited by Generalissimo

"It is with great regret we hear of the passing of Mannelig due to his long term fight with Cancer. This is a fate we would wish on no one.. even our worst of enemies." The Chairman stated solemnly at a press conference. "We send our condolences and a wreath will be sent for his grave from Dragonisia."

We honour the falling of a most worthy adversary.

We did not agree with his policies but we recognise and honour his warrior spirit.

May he be spoken of with honour.

Only a fool does recognise and admire the strengths of ones adversaries.

Neo Olympia sends a wreath.

Bruno Zamoyski drew his sword and saluted his mentor and sighed before whispering to himself;

"Men like Mannelig...soldiers...they don't die of cancer...they die in the fury of battle."

It was something that he had always knew...something that he learned from Mannelig himself.

"No! It can't happen this way!" he yelled throughout the grave site.

Tears furiously streaming down his eyes, he fell to his knees in pain.

Albert Tanzband put a hand on his shoulder and put his head down,

"Perun willing, we will see him in Valhalla...he has earned his rest."

"Was it really cancer?"

"No way of knowing... unless you send in a spy to do an autopsy."

"That would be difficult." They both laughed. "How about we send a delegation led by the Assistant Speaker?"

"I think that would be proper protocol, sir."

OOC: It really was Cancer though

"We have a reliable source confirm it was cancer."

"Who is your source?"

"I couldn't reveal it, even if I tried."

"What do you mean?"

[OOC]"It was Kaiser Martens himself, in an OOC post."[/OOC]

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you?"

"I know, sir. I did my best, though."

"We have a reliable source confirm it was cancer."

"Who is your source?"

"I couldn't reveal it, even if I tried."