Transvaal World Cup 2009

Botha

Voobaha Television is airing all Voobaha's games of the TWC, with our favorite broadcast team: Dan & Keith on play-by-play and colour, with Romie providing generally abusive comments from the stands.

"do-do-doot...do-do-doot!"

Very surprised to see Voobaha ranked as one of the top ten Attack teams... posing the question: will we have the ability to get back of defense? Especially against teams like Transvaal and Cheeselands, with their strong attacks.... this will be interesting.

OOC:

:wub: Botha :wub:

Complete agreement with Sargun said.... Botha, you da man!

GL in our opening round match up.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering how it happened...how we conceded.

The pool games are auto-simmed so I have no idea how the matches went apart from a score.

When we advance to the various knock-out stages, there will be game stats summaries.

Awww come one why am I so low in the Rankings

Err... that's because you went with a Korean club team and they are basically garbage. And I gave you the strongest Korean side to boot. From what I recall your squad by far has the worst offensive rating.

Err... that's because you went with a Korean club team and they are basically garbage. And I gave you the strongest Korean side to boot. From what I recall your squad by far has the worst offensive rating.

well that may be true but I always seem to nab 5th or 6th place

Well, a 0-0 tie. There were some close shots. I hope my attack does better next round. Although, I am quite glad to see that that I did not let up a goal to the predicted best team in the league.

Edited by jutopia

I know it's rather late to ask, but why didn't Tritonia advance from the pools?

From the looks of the results, you finished 3rd in your pool, which puts you in one of the later stages of the game to determine your placement near the bottom, but not bad enough to qualify for "Worst of the World".

I know it's rather late to ask, but why didn't Tritonia advance from the pools?

Hizzy is correct, you finished third in your pool. Only the four first-place qualifying pool teams advanced. You'll be playing for placement when the playoff round starts

POOL ‘D”

Kevodia was knocked out of the running today after Magna Roma won (who holds the tiebreaker should Kevodia and Magna Roma finish tied in the standings). Tritonia must defeat Magna Roma to advance to the next round, while all Magna Roma needs is a draw frm their match against Tritonia.

This is the bit I'm confused about. I think I'm getting lost in vocabulary.

This is the bit I'm confused about. I think I'm getting lost in vocabulary.

I don't blame you, that pool was beyond confusing to figure out as the tiebreaker situation was wierd with the three-way tie; it was figured out by a process of elimination with who beat whom and what was the goal difference between matches that counted, etc. The thing that hurt you (I don't recall the exact details right now) was your 2-0 loss to Kevodia. When I wrote that blurb up, I wasn't anticipating a three-way tie.

I think next year if there is a qualification round, it'll have to be 2 matches vs. each team to help avoid the assortment of tiebreakers requried.

Man, Tritonia, that is rough. I was just a confused as I thought you were in. :(

Next time, you should be 4* and hopefully bypass the knockout round.

As for VolNation, we are happy with our win against Asgard, and less than enthused with out loss against Delta Omega. I guess it could be said that we are playing at our expected level, but I demand better from my team! Go out there and kick some balls! (er... the Football kind... :blush: )