Transvaal World Cup 2009

Botha

Jeers from the Voobaha fans rained down on Voobaha GK Iain Blackwood in the final minutes of the 1-1 draw with Sarnungian Republic last night, after the Sarnungians scored an uncontested goal in the 86th minute while Blackwood was watching his ipod.

Edited by Voobaha

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I want to be the top of this pool or compete for worst of the world.

LOL if you're thinking of the Worst of the World, then you want to go for broke as no one ever remembers who finishes second from last.

In seriousness, the competition is pretty close - I can definitely see a team make it out of the qualification and preliminary rounds into the playoffs.

"Worst of the World, here we come!"

There were massive celebrations throughout the streets of the Republic, with most of the jubilant country ecstatic that the team threw their match to Viniland. Not only did PEI not get to advance but we do - who cares if it's to the Worst of the World contest?

TO FURTHER LOSSES!

Edited by Sargun

As Voobaha advanced into TWC preliminary round after a scoreless draw with Prince Edward Island last night, the team partied like rock stars at the Pretoria Holiday Inn.

Reports from observers said the team shared a 12 pack of Coors Light, and then went on a rampage; knocking telephones off hooks, with one unidentified player yelling "Voobaha Football RULES!" at a small crowd in the dining area. The highlight of the nearly-almost-possibly-legally drunk evening was team captain Donovan Tipperary's not-so-slurred karaoke rendition of the Tag Team rap classic "Whoomp! There it is!".

Fines and suspensions are expected.

Reports from observers said the team shared a 12 pack of Coors Light, and then went on a rampage

Your entire team gets drunk from one 12-pack of Coors Lite? What a bunch of lightweights! Can people actually get *drunk* drinking Coors Lite? I think Transvaal water has more alcohol in it.

Voobaha is now officially the laughing-stock team of TWC.

"Worst of the World, here we come!"

Somewhere someone from Sooners is laughing.

Edited by Botha

Your entire team gets drunk from one 12-pack of Coors Lite? What a bunch of lightweights! Can people actually get *drunk* drinking Coors Lite? I think Transvaal water has more alcohol in it.

Voobaha is now officially the laughing-stock team of TWC.

OOC: yeah, I look to add to the comedy value of the posts. :) Oh, and BTW, I never said they were drunk. Implied adolescent behaviour, maybe... but not drunk. I'm saving that designation for MYSELF later this evening.

Maybe you're confusing the "Transvaal Water" bottle with the Smirnoff bottle... again? :P

POOL ‘D”

Kevodia was knocked out of the running today after Magna Roma won (who holds the tiebreaker should Kevodia and Magna Roma finish tied in the standings). Tritonia must defeat Magna Roma to advance to the next round, while all Magna Roma needs is a draw frm their match against Tritonia.

How come Kevodia is out of the running if we won the group? :D

Still bet I'm represented by Shrewsbury Town or someone crap like that lol.

How come Kevodia is out of the running if we won the group?

My bad :blush: I didn't notice that when I was sorting the tables (I had to compile and update them manually after each round of matches).

Magna Roma won their qualification pool so they will take Kevodia's place.

Still bet I'm represented by Shrewsbury Town or someone crap like that lol.

No. Since you were sporting to point out my error, I'll give you the clue the team you are was (in 2005) a Premier side and they are currently in the championship. Other than that but you'll have to wait until your team has made placement before I reveal who is who.

Also check your foreign aid.

Edited by Botha

Based on the above rankings, this is the predicted order of finish:

POOL 'A'

Dun Carrig

The Cheeselands

Transvaal

Costa Libertad

Voobaha

Killallippies

Cainian Empire

Franzharia