The War in Northern India

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: 250 tech killing satellites? As I recall its a fairly recent achievement for the Russians, Americans, and Chinese to pull that off. How the hell are you locking onto satellites?

ooc: I at one time had 2008 technology. That tech preservation rule is still in effect and I never expended weapons from that period, so yes, satellite killing weapons.

OOC: Tech preservation rule? Wut? If you loose tech years, through loss of treaty or whatever, hardware that is now above your current tech level degrades and falls apart.

If nikonov loses his tech share treaty, his planes will fall apart. Same with your Anti Sat missiles.

OOC: Tech preservation rule? Wut? If you loose tech years, through loss of treaty or whatever, hardware that is now above your current tech level degrades and falls apart.

If nikonov loses his tech share treaty, his planes will fall apart. Same with your Anti Sat missiles.

Just saying. Over time probably, without advisers and stuff like that. But that's years and I would assume this hasn't been for more than a few days. Stuff just doesn't fall apart like that.

Edited by USNA

ooc: Indeed.. equipment "doesn't just fall apart". Also.. if you want to talk about falling apart. Where are Tahoe and UFE going to get their equipment with a good chunk of their national economies in the nuclear dust pile? My factories are still in tact! And not much in the way of high technology survives a nuclear strike.

They would have more luck invading me with the radioactive flash shadows they've decorated their sidewalks with!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Can you point me to the place that said a single piece of military hardware was destroyed or even damaged in the nuclear strikes? No....I didn't think you could. Furthermore, none of the cities hit were centers of industry. My major industrial center, Seattle, wasn't hit at all and was hundreds of miles away. Los Angeles, one of the cities hit, already had no economy due to a nuclear strike by Arizona last year. San Francisco, the other, was my banking center...but I have been RPing my economy in a recession for quite some time due to the Second Great Patriotic War last summer that brought my infra ingame down from 8k to 1k. None of it affects my ability to fight a war against a vastly weaker opponent. ;)

ooc: Indeed.. equipment "doesn't just fall apart". Also.. if you want to talk about falling apart. Where are Tahoe and UFE going to get their equipment with a good chunk of their national economies in the nuclear dust pile? My factories are still in tact! And not much in the way of high technology survives a nuclear strike.

They would have more luck invading me with the radioactive flash shadows they've decorated their sidewalks with!

OOC: Correction, it kind of does. If something is used and you cannot maintain it, it falls apart.

Now, are you going to RP a war, or just talk ooc:

IC: Glorious Aotearoa is still waiting for an explanation of why your sea crawlers entered our waters and got themselves sunk.

ooc: So you're basically admitting you're going to RP like nothing happened to your country. Nice. Having metropolitan areas nuke.. do nothing to your ability to fight a war! They're only the CENTERS OF YOUR INDUSTRY AND POPULATION MANPOWER FOR YOUR ARMIES. Dude.. do you ever play strategy games?

Have you EVER played a game where MAJOR METROPOLITAN CENTERS of any empire got nuked and NOTHING happened to it?... Or do you not think JAPAN was set back by Hiroshima nd Nagasaki? Nevermind the fact you got those time several hundred times over in blast strength and fallout strength? I'm amazed you have ANYONE LEFT TO RECRUIT.. let alone an army.

If you suffer ANY losses.. ANY attrition.. at all.. and you will regardless of tech scaling differences. You are going to start falling back on population and your strength is going to collapse as the death rate in your nation radically exceeds your birth rate.

OOC: Correction, it kind of does. If something is used and you cannot maintain it, it falls apart.

IC: Glorious Aotearoa is still waiting for an explanation of why your sea crawlers entered our waters and got themselves sunk.

OOC: Yeah, you know, 200 nautical miles isn't that far out in the ocean. Mael probably already knew about the 200 nm EEZ that you have, but he could have passed by further out. Besides, those sea crawls could have been out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for all you know... since they were already pre-deployed.

If I had only had a stamp of godmod stupidity. <_<

OOC: Yeah, you know, 200 nautical miles isn't that far out in the ocean. Mael probably already knew about the 200 nm EEZ that you have, but he could have passed by further out. Besides, those sea crawls could have been out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for all you know... since they were already pre-deployed.

If I had only had a stamp of godmod stupidity. <_<

OOC: He recalled them to Tasmania, and then the next RP involving them was sending them to Tahoe. Now, if you look, my five sets of island chains, they are right on the path between the two, and since no RP direction to avoid my EEZ was given, one can say they went through. (The EEZ is still international, just closed to military vessels)

Procinctia's Diplomatic Response

If it is decided the missiles did strike and were detected:

The unprovoked covert assault against the Republic of Tahoe displays worst sort of arrogance, the Chairman has made his decision, and now has the face the consequences. If Koudoawaia could see you now Chairman Vortex, your treachery revealed.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

If it is decided the missiles did strike and were not detected:

Tahoe is entitled to bring the terrorists responsible for the missile attacks to justice, but there isn’t enough evidence to assert a sure Dragonisian connection. If the Republic of Tahoe insists Dragonisian involvement, an international investigation would be more suitable than unilateral military action. I understand your pain, but blindly lashing out isn’t going to solve anything.

Tropico2.gif

If it is decided there were no missiles:

Procinctia condemns Tahoe's unprovoked aggression, we call upon the international community to cease relations with Tahoe indefinitely. The world has seen enough unnecessary war, and Tahoe’s bloodlust cannot be so easily quenched.

Tropico2.gif

OOC: He recalled them to Tasmania, and then the next RP involving them was sending them to Tahoe. Now, if you look, my five sets of island chains, they are right on the path between the two, and since no RP direction to avoid my EEZ was given, one can say they went through. (The EEZ is still international, just closed to military vessels)

ooc: Just to clarify, talked with LVN about this in IRC. I should have noted they avoid his EEZ. Just for the record, all of my naval traffic will respect his EEZ. I've no intent on offending my neighbors.

Procinctia's Diplomatic Response

If it is decided the missiles did strike and were detected:

The unprovoked covert assault against the Republic of Tahoe displays worst sort of arrogance, the Chairman has made his decision, and now has the face the consequences. If Koudoawaia could see you now Chairman Vortex, your treachery revealed.

Tropico2.gif

If it is decided the missiles did strike and were not detected:

Tahoe is entitled to bring the terrorists responsible for the missile attacks to justice, but there isn’t enough evidence to assert a sure Dragonisian connection. If the Republic of Tahoe insists Dragonisian involvement, an international investigation would be more suitable than unilateral military action. I understand your pain, but blindly lashing out isn’t going to solve anything.

Tropico2.gif

If it is decided there were no missiles:

Procinctia condemns Tahoe's unprovoked aggression, we call upon the international community to cease relations with Tahoe indefinitely. The world has seen enough unnecessary war, and Tahoe’s bloodlust cannot be so easily quenched.

Tropico2.gif

*Hereby nominates Generalissimo for CNRP stand up comic of the year.*

IC: Erm.. if that did happen, it was pilot error as they are specifically instructed to avoid your defense zones at all cost for the reasons stated.. they just get themselves sunk. We're still asking for a report from the division to see if we've encountered any 'incidental transit losses' and we apologize.

"The aggressors will stand down, if they do seek to actively invade our territories.. after being nuked painfully themselves already, we will make their situation a lot worse. We do not want to use the weapons that we have secretly been culturing in our laboratories, but we will if we are forced to. We will not take the death and threats to our citizens lightly and the retaliation will be as brutal or worse than your attacks. You can thank your old friends in Camberlain for this. We do not want to step into the ranks of those using WMD, but we will if forced to do so. And unlike ICBMs, our delivery systems will not be able to be intercepted and proliferate. We may not have N, but due to past experiences, we most definitely have B and C."

This is not acceptable conduct by you chairman. I expected better of you, I guess I were wrong. We are not happy that you threaten with bio weapons or chemical weapons. Please retract this statement and don't turn Australia into a glowing Nuclear infested area.

100 billion is nothing compared to the effects of this weapon. But then again it was the only alternative but then again I do think you can work out peace instead of firing these first. As in peace, not just some 100 billion bribe to keep your nation from an all out war.

This is not acceptable conduct by you chairman. I expected better of you, I guess I were wrong. We are not happy that you threaten with bio weapons or chemical weapons. Please retract this statement and don't turn Australia into a glowing Nuclear infested area.

We would like to ask you to refrain from threatening Australia, or your nation will cease to exist. Australasia, is the most peaceful continent, filled with some of the best minds that the world can offer. We wish we could say the same about some of the rest of the world, particularly some in Asia...

IC: Erm.. if that did happen, it was pilot error as they are specifically instructed to avoid your defense zones at all cost for the reasons stated.. they just get themselves sunk. We're still asking for a report from the division to see if we've encountered any 'incidental transit losses' and we apologize.

Are you blaming pilot incompetence? Stand up and take some criticism. This could have been seen as an act of war, and you say "not out fault, blame the pilots?"