Crimes of Persuasion

Experimentum

Gentle Persons

You have read no doubt the words that I have spoken from time to time. I have used language that may seem archaic and misbegotten. Those that have dealt with me will know my word is held sacrosanct and my intent always clear and unequivocal. So let me lose the bonds of arcane language for a moment. I speak not for the Knights that setup the alliance, I speak not for Sir Neboe I speak for Myself who has been in the Order for just over 1 year. Those who have had the pleasure of dealing with the EX- Sir Experimentum will know that his tone and style can be mildly off putting. His departure was not one that covered anyone with glory. His return has been fraught with ego that was all too reminiscent of his past style. I am sure I will now be subject to his withering critique frankly I could care less. Pomposity has been his hallmark so I would expect no less of him than a fine grand standing as he no longer holds sway in the Order. Pity his words on departure hold so hollow now. What ever cute machinactions he may have felt were written into the Writ, I reject any such nefarious intent. I pledge that if in fact there ever was or currently is then I will find myself on the other side of a conflict with the Order. I know the current Order that has until recently been blessed with the absence of Miko. It is this Order I serve. Let the past wail its siren cry. My word is to uphold the spirit of the Writ de Credo and not some fools dream of a Death Cookie.

I am prepared to put my word forth for the testing. I will no longer suffer in silence the idiocy of the ego maniac who used to be Sir EX. If someone wishes to believe the rantings of one such as that then I am truly saddened that honour and trust has so long departed from Digitterra.

To this I pledge my words and deeds.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, people will say "it doesn't matter that you tricked us, we still like you", and not because they really do.

They're afraid of all them nukes. If this were any other alliance, or atleast any other alliance that didn't have that many nukes, they'd be stomped out for deception. Alliances have been taken out for less.

In the end, they won't get rolled because no one really cares.

So basically this is an OBR version of a log dump with pictures?

Its all to common thread these days... a no longer revelant member of an alliance makes some grand post revealing the evils of its alliance in the hopes of causing shock and awe.

Either way treaties are signed with a certain intent by both parties. I believe that Hime Themis came to us out of a desire for friendship and positive relations. Otherwise I am sure this clause would have seen the light of day ages ago through action on the part of OBR.

I wish OBR well in dealing with this matter.

OBR needs to start playing CN not E-lawyers.

Thank you, Experimentum, for shinning light upon this malevolent obfuscation.

OBR plays OBR, they've been known for their entire existence to use language no one actually reads, which is why this is amusing, but I don't see how it has been used for ill intent.

In the end, they won't get rolled because no one really cares.
Edited by Mogar

I find it difficult to take seriously any situation in which a NAP clause is the subject of controversy considering the value most treaties of the sort hold; which is to say, none. I can almost guarantee that in any sort of significant conflict involving the OBR and a signatory of their Writ De Credo that the latter party, and their allies plausibly, would simply withdraw their signature(s) from the treaty and respond militarily to any hostilities initiated by the OBR.

While the intent of the clause perhaps is distasteful to some, its overall effect on things is trivial at best.

any sort of significant conflict involving the OBR and a signatory of their Writ De Credo that the latter party, and their allies plausibly, would simply withdraw their signature(s) from the treaty and respond militarily to any hostilities initiated by the OBR.

While the intent of the clause perhaps is distasteful to some, its overall effect on things is trivial at best.

pretty much... this is pointless

Wow, Experimentum. Why? I am shocked.

Let the past wail its siren cry. My word is to uphold the spirit of the Writ de Credo and not some fools dream of a Death Cookie.

I am prepared to put my word forth for the testing. I will no longer suffer in silence the idiocy of the ego maniac who used to be Sir EX. If someone wishes to believe the rantings of one such as that then I am truly saddened that honour and trust has so long departed from Digitterra.

My dear Hime Themis,

upholding the spirit of the Writ , while noble in a certain perspective in the past, ensures nothing besides irrelevance in present-day. This game is based on conflict. While in the unstable time it was construed I can see the benefits of the document (in regards to influence and, um, mobility of diplomacy), it has long since served its purpose. It is now merely a yoke that prevents Digiterra relevance of OBR.

In short, it is the little-death that brings total obliteration. You should face your fear. When it is gone only you will remain ;).

Yavanna

Edited by yavanna

What is this I don't even.....

No seriously, would any big alliance in their right mind allow another alliance to roll a certain member with no evidence other than the fact it says they can in a document.

Edited by Ronon Dex

Let the OBR's actions speak louder than these obtuse words everyone has seen fit to bicker over. Whether signatories read and understand the verbiage of the Writ or not, has OBR behaved in any way dishonorably or undignified? Not that I've seen.

While I like cookies as well as the next Amazon, and it makes for interesting reading, I've seen nothing that indicates any malicious intent on the part of the OBR for as long as I've been in residence.

I wish them well, and a quick return to normalcy for their Order.

:awesome:

You're assuming that people automatically respected the treaties they signed. No one cared and this treaty meant nothing to those who signed it.. if OBR did something they didn't like, they'd have been stomped out for real.

As Electron Sponge said, what saved them is that they never did anything to piss anyone off. Had they, then this wouldn't have mattered much.

You assume there's honour left here on this planet.

I don't know why you're quoting me when I am obviously saying that nobody cares about this.

Gentle Persons

You have read no doubt the words that I have spoken from time to time. I have used language that may seem archaic and misbegotten. Those that have dealt with me will know my word is held sacrosanct and my intent always clear and unequivocal. So let me lose the bonds of arcane language for a moment. I speak not for the Knights that setup the alliance, I speak not for Sir Neboe I speak for Myself who has been in the Order for just over 1 year. Those who have had the pleasure of dealing with the EX- Sir Experimentum will know that his tone and style can be mildly off putting. His departure was not one that covered anyone with glory. His return has been fraught with ego that was all too reminiscent of his past style. I am sure I will now be subject to his withering critique frankly I could care less. Pomposity has been his hallmark so I would expect no less of him than a fine grand standing as he no longer holds sway in the Order. Pity his words on departure hold so hollow now. What ever cute machinactions he may have felt were written into the Writ, I reject any such nefarious intent. I pledge that if in fact there ever was or currently is then I will find myself on the other side of a conflict with the Order. I know the current Order that has until recently been blessed with the absence of Miko. It is this Order I serve. Let the past wail its siren cry. My word is to uphold the spirit of the Writ de Credo and not some fools dream of a Death Cookie.

To this I pledge my words and deeds.

Respectfully

Squire Hime Themis

Mmm.. character assassination.

One of us! One of us! :ph34r:

Having long known a couple of the upstanding folks from OBR, I find this amusing. I could believe that they were having fun with their word games at the time of the final draft of the treaty. If it makes them happy to do so, and they're not hurting anyone with it, I can't say I see the harm.

I don't think anyone at OBR is naive enough to believe than an attack on a member of an alliance would go without consequence, regardless of the reason for the action. This just looks like they were having some fun 2 years ago, in a completely different world from the one at present. Sure, they could have updated the treaty or whatever, but I rarely ever see anyone do so, even when the original document is much more course than that one.

I don't see the deception here. I see a rather old treaty that people have had in front of them for literally years.

I also see someone leaking years old musings about how they could possibly elawyer a section of it which obviously they haven't since making such a claim PUBLICLY and formally would be at the very least foolish. Probably even suicidal.

But all I really see is someone who must be bitter at their own alliance digging out 26 month old messages posted on a private alliance forum just to try to embarass their own alliance.

No man is an angel.

Yes, I am well aware - really I should have known better - I'm an idealist at heart I suppose...

This is CN after all - alliances do what they have to do... I'm sure I am guilty of a lot worse.

However, I would also temper my earlier comments with the fact that none of us yet know the full story and we shouldn't set our opinions just yet. Not only do we have 'part two' to deal with by this former Knight - but I'm sure the leadership of the Order will be making an official comment, both of which I'm awaiting with keen interest.

Ditto on pretty much all what Branimir said with 1 question though: who in their right mind would respect that clause to it's full meaning if it came down to it?

OBR could obviously not start attacking a random smaller and unconnected (hard to find btw) alliance for no reason without turning to !@#$ PR-wise and if a larger conflict came about and they'd try to bring up that clause everyone would just lol at them and it would just backfire.

I find this weird really >.>