Crimes of Persuasion

Experimentum

I laughed pretty hard. I can safely say this is one treaty I would not fault anyone for blatantly violating to whip OBR's behind from here to the border.

It just amuses me a lot that some guys in OBR actually thought if they conned a bunch of us into signing over our 'right to defend ourselves' on a piece of paper it'd actually mean jack when they attacked us. Are you joking? Lord, I wish I'd signed this now!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may be so bold, most honorable sir, to correct you humbly in your words.

It is not OBR which should be welcomed, it should be the world in their new gained awareness that OBR was playing all along,...

Good point Branimir.

although methinks the world at large may not be so thrilled with their notice of said welcome.

edit- although it is rather amusing to think they thought this meant jack !@#$ if they tried to pursue it.

Edited by chefjoe

They were invited to write it, as well as joining from the beginning, but they showed no interest in doing so. A lot of things have become a lot clearer. It's possible that they later added parts, but initially, they wanted no part of it.

Edited by Reyne Mordigan

although methinks the world at large may not be so thrilled with their notice of said welcome.

Indeed I share your opinion, wise traveler of this realm. The shadow that has been cast shall forever forward be over the lands of the Dark Rose,....

edit- although it is rather amusing to think they thought this meant jack !@#$ if they tried to pursue it.

Most intriguing of all, is this observation. It does create a smile on our faces, though.

If I may be so bold to share my thoughts on the matter exposed. It is my humble belief that they just did it for the simple matter of their amusement for tricking the best and the brightest with their words play,...as I stand in disbelief that the wise knights of the Dark Rose ever believed their trickery would come to pass as written.

I await Knight Commander Neboe's response to this claim.

What "haha gotcha" that's the only response he could possibly have, the evidence is indisputable, those screens shots are from the round table and dated accordingly and I thought TOP had some PR problems.

Although it is rather amusing to think they thought this meant jack if they tried to pursue it.

Writ De Credo was written for a different era in digiterra. A time when e-lawyering amused the digisapiens which inhabited these admin forsaken lands. And true to that this is also amusing. However true malice is absent in this document.

What "haha gotcha" that's the only response he could possibly have, the evidence is indisputable, those screens shots are from the round table and dated accordingly and I thought TOP had some PR problems.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely displeased reading this information. The fact that the ODN was one of the founding signatories of a treaty with such intent is most angering.

What I meant was that I want to see how this is viewed by the current leadership of the OBR, as obviously this treaty was written over two years ago.

Writ De Credo was written for a different era in digiterra. A time when e-lawyering amused the digisapiens which inhabited these admin forsaken lands. And true to that this is also amusing. However true malice is absent in this document.

Sir Blacky, you are a seasoned gentlemen of our common realm, which is our great world. If I may address you about the matter which you speak. I would like to point you to the name of this trickery, which is "Death Cookie". While we may expect a better phrased title to do honor to this elaborate plan, the name does though speak darkly about the intent of the agenda.

Sir Blacky, you are a seasoned gentlemen of our common realm, which is our great world. If I may address you about the matter which you speak. I would like to point you to the name of this trickery, which is "Death Cookie". While we may expect a better phrased title to do honor to this elaborate plan, the name does though speak darkly about the intent of the agenda.

The intent? The intent seems to me to sit back and know that in a legal world, OBR just defeated every signatory alliance. I don't quite think them so inept as to believe their legal victory would translate to a war victory in this world. I'm willing to guess they'd be pretty content knowing they just outsmarted and outwitted a large portion of CN, and in a legal, scholarly world, they won.

Death Cookie doesn't make this treaty dark or anything, just a manufactured type of symbolism which I'm guessing they made to add to the "mystique" and "aura" of OBR.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

What I meant was that I want to see how this is viewed by the current leadership of the OBR, as obviously this treaty was written over two years ago.

Taken from the OP

For reasons most assuredly obvious to all assembled here, the so-called “Death Cookie” has been a secret closely guarded by the OBR. Every Knight is aware of its existence as well as every OBR member who has worked in the Chamber of Diplomacy down to the Squire level. While such highly sensitive information would normally be privy to Her Highness and Knights only, it became necessary to inform Squires employed in Diplomacy of the hidden clause because of the possibility that they might encounter treaty conflicts while going about their duty of securing more Signatories to the Writ. It was important to us, you see, that when we snared an alliance there be no legal loophole through which they could wriggle.

screenshot4.jpg

Call me goofy, something tells me there views are quite the same, Article 5 is still there, Neboe's has been The Knight Commander for 8 months plus, where they had ample time to rewrite Article 5. Instead they kept peddling the treaty.

Edited by Freelancer

I laughed pretty hard. I can safely say this is one treaty I would not fault anyone for blatantly violating to whip OBR's behind from here to the border.

It just amuses me a lot that some guys in OBR actually thought if they conned a bunch of us into signing over our 'right to defend ourselves' on a piece of paper it'd actually mean jack when they attacked us. Are you joking? Lord, I wish I'd signed this now!

You have to realize that this was made back when treaties were worth quite a bit and weren't handed out like candy at a parade.

You have to realize that this was made back when treaties were worth quite a bit and weren't handed out like candy at a parade.

I truly do, but this goes to the fundamental reason we started organizing into alliances to begin with - mutual defense. It's the one basic reason we have for existing. At no point in this game would an alliance have honored an agreement made unknowingly to stop being an alliance.

Unless they were really, really terrible... in which case it'd be contractual natural selection.

I don't quite think them so inept as to believe their legal victory would translate to a war victory in this world. I'm willing to guess they'd be pretty content knowing they just outsmarted and outwitted a large portion of CN, and in a legal, scholarly world, they won.

The kind inhabitant of the world known as Rafael Nadal, I am here left with nothing more then to agree with you. You have stated what my humble self have just a few posts back.

Death Cookie doesn't make this treaty dark or anything, just a manufactured type of symbolism which I'm guessing they made to add to the "mystique" and "aura" of OBR.

With the words you uttered here, my fellow digiterianinansrian, I must disagree in the most polite manner possible. The coined name didn't went much into the lengths to add a special value to the language, so common in the Dark Rose lands.

The darkness and maliciousness, though, comes from the played respect and confidence which the Dark Rose held with the digiterianinansrian most brightest and wisest man. Sometimes, such a play of confidence is the most infernal of all,...

Heh, folk at the retirement house of the CN have been busy making themselves entertained. I can dig that.

Seeing how I didn't view the retirement house the same way most others did, I am not disappointed, I am rather amused by this.

For once I agree with Branimir.

For once I agree with Branimir.

It pleases my stone cold heart, the fact you have uttered this words. I am humbled by this and I shall be carrying the memory of this event for the ages to come. May we walk a path that is a friendlier one in the future.