Return of Swampy's Memoirs

Lord Swampy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised you didnt mention the fact I was on a trip to see wain thus removing yet another minister :P
Mr.AdmiralX, our Minister of Defense, was very busy with work so he could take time off; he was about to go on a trip.

I wasn't specific about what your trip was, but yeah. I did mention it. That was some epically terrible timing, eh MAX?

Simon, I will indeed talk about your trial, for what part in it I played. In due time, sir. In due time.

You know, I hate say this, but I have never enjoyed reading the opposition's side of the war. It's always the same boring story rehashed a dozen slightly different crazy ways, and the end of the story is always the same anyway.

Besides this, multiple dishonorable actions by the Legion, both on the field (I have forgotten more than I remember, having put the war to bed in my mind long ago) and on the world stage, has reduced my interest and respect for that organization.

additionally, I am still astounded to wake up daily to a Cyberverse where Legion is alive and \m/ is not. This horror can only be attributed to the utter amorality of the universe.

I wish you no luck with your pen, sir, and may Admin have mercy on your soul.

Meh timing was not bad, I mean after all we are still dating :P

Margave, you can call us disrespectful all you wish. You can weep for the loss of \m/ all you please, I am the one that organized the legion military and controlled it during the UJW. You call us dishonorable when, lets not forget how it was that war was ended. How about the nukes? We had a guy that did a first strike against you and basically he was fined 100M, does that sound dishonorable? How about a leader that comes in and tries to blackmail an alliance? There is a reason why the Legion took so much pleasure out of destroying \m/ (along with the other alliances that helped us).

I apologize to you Swampy for taking this to this note

You know, I hate say this, but I have never enjoyed reading the opposition's side of the war. It's always the same boring story rehashed a dozen slightly different crazy ways, and the end of the story is always the same anyway.

Besides this, multiple dishonorable actions by the Legion, both on the field (I have forgotten more than I remember, having put the war to bed in my mind long ago) and on the world stage, has reduced my interest and respect for that organization.

additionally, I am still astounded to wake up daily to a Cyberverse where Legion is alive and \m/ is not. This horror can only be attributed to the utter amorality of the universe.

I wish you no luck with your pen, sir, and may Admin have mercy on your soul.

I am by no means going to defend every thing the Legion did in her long history. But to think that an alliance of tech raiding scum like \m/ had a greater moral claim to exist than the Legion on Planet Bob is astounding. I did at the time and I still do take great pleasure in the roll I played in ending that sorry excuse of an alliance. What happened to \m/ was justice. It was even more so because the method of fighting tech raiding teaches you is worst method in a large alliance war.

Oh yah I forgot to mention that during the war we had one of our very first targets make peace with us so he could turn around and nuke you guys because he couldnt leave. While Simon and I have new homes our past is where we had it. We show loyalty to where we are now.

Then don't post here.

You attribute \m/ not being here to amorality? LMFAO. You've just lost any credence you may have had in your post by saying \m/ was some type of moral center of CN. ROFL.

We are still here, and we plan on being here for a long time. Deal with it.

Tech raiders or not, I have a lot of respect for \m/, for standing by her allies and fighting to the bitter end. The above statement however, is !@#$@#$ retarded.

Edited by Will Smith

I would rather wait until after I see what Swampy writes about it. But since you asked I will give you the Reader's Digest version.

I was nuked by an \m/ nation. I asked for clearance to launch a nuke in return. I got authorization to launch nukes which I interpreted as allowing me to nuke any \m/ nation. After the war I was condemned to ZI by the Legion cabinet for being a "nuclear rogue." But no one would attack me. There was eventually a trial, I was acquitted of the charge but had to pay $100 million dollars in restitution. But then purple gate happened and that ended that.

THat's funny. Considering the fact that \m/ was fully nuclear on all targets, heh.

Good read as always Swampy.

Was pretty lame, as Simon was, and still is one of the most loyal and stand up guys in game...although he does get a bit heated sometimes XD.

As I recall Lincongrad and Admiral were the ones to launch the assault in WWIII cause of similar circumstances. Gunner was gone, VL was unavailable, I had to work and Atlas was also gone. So we had centurions launching the attack. Man, we were so organized! LOL

Margrave, the Legion of old although, it was a cluster*&% of paperwork and horrible at fighting, was a great alliance that really wanted nothing more than to be left alone and have fun.

In many ways, it's desire to stay out of world conflicts helped lead to its demise.

Good read as always Swampy.

Was pretty lame, as Simon was, and still is one of the most loyal and stand up guys in game...although he does get a bit heated sometimes XD.

As I recall Lincongrad and Admiral were the ones to launch the assault in WWIII cause of similar circumstances. Gunner was gone, VL was unavailable, I had to work and Atlas was also gone. So we had centurions launching the attack. Man, we were so organized! LOL

Margrave, the Legion of old although, it was a cluster*&% of paperwork and horrible at fighting, was a great alliance that really wanted nothing more than to be left alone and have fun.

In many ways, it's desire to stay out of world conflicts helped lead to its demise.

Hello old friend ^_^

Then don't post here.

Just because I don't allow you to maintain a Legion hail-fest? No, I think I'll stay for the nonce.

To the various \m/-haters/Legio's: As many times as you people had to defend your alliance for its misdeeds, forgive me If I say your moral judgment doesn't impress itself upon me. \m/ was a gathering of brothers and friends with a small but vocal raider group, who managed to make it their "thing" because everyone made a fuss about it. The leadership of Ninja R , LE, and Jason8 was the strength of the alliance, and the fact that it is gone when it professed no great code of higher ethics (While Legion has, and has failed it many times) is amazing to me.

I would rather be an honest thief than a hypocrite, or a revisionist, as some seem to be doing here. But you remember your own sins better than anyone else.

That Legion allowed Valhalla to come into existence and then ascend to such heights even as it was repeatedly pounded still amazes me, by the way.

That Legion allowed Valhalla to come into existence and then ascend to such heights even as it was repeatedly pounded still amazes me, by the way.

Yet, we are still here. What happened to your alliance? Oh, that's right, you got curbstomped, and now it is gone. Legion, however, is still here. Have fun reading and trolling Legion-related threads. In the end, I guess that's all you have left.

:awesome:

Yet, we are still here. What happened to your alliance? Oh, that's right, you got curbstomped, and now it is gone. Legion, however, is still here. Have fun reading and trolling Legion-related threads. In the end, I guess that's all you have left.

:awesome:

rather than a what, Thrice Viceroy'd alliance that has been stomped on so many times it resembles a purple glob? You're still here because your organization values survival over dignity; you should have made the choice NAAC did and spared us this walking defeat you call an alliance.

rather than a what, Thrice Viceroy'd alliance that has been stomped on so many times it resembles a purple glob? You're still here because your organization values survival over dignity; you should have made the choice NAAC did and spared us this walking defeat you call an alliance.

OR you could stop stroking your epeen and just get over it.

Nice read Swampy, I've always wanted to know what happened during the Dove War.

History doesn't seem to be your strong point. The Legion has only had 1 viceroy. Where you got "Thrice Viceroy'd" is beyond me. :rolleyes: Technically the Legion has lost only 1 war that was GWIII. The Dove War (as the Legion refers to it) wasn't much of a war as the Legion, facing overwhelming odds and a crappy CB, went into peace mode on mass. Purplegate was never a war. The Legion accepted terms to prevent a war.

While I have respect for what NAAC chose to do by the time of Purplegate it wasn't an option for the Legion. The NPO had prevented other alliances from disbanding to avoid war like GOLD. And some alliance had their former members attacked after disbanding.

I don't really get how you think \m/ was a better alliance. The Legion despite adversary remained together. Where as \m/ disbanded at the first sign of trouble. I guess the \m/ motto should be "when the going gets tough .... just disband."

Hey there amigo :). (Will Smith)

Really, \m/ had some great members, and was a fun alliance, albeit not the best of morals. But remember it started off with Starfox. As I recall it was couped from him and then allied close to NPO and Goons.

I fought a few members of /m\ during GWIII, and they were always respectful and solid warriors. Back then "turtling" was not really a technique well known, and they accepted that I was doing so without whining, but in fact commended me on the tactic.

W

Margrave bashing either alliance is ridiculous, and comparing them is apples and oranges.

Who cares if there is a hailfest of the Legion? How does it hurt you?

Move along and let those who would like to reminisce continue.

Edited by Chalaskan

\m/ as an alliance treated a lot of people like dirt, and then pathetically cried out for help when the world stood against the kind of awful wretched alliances \m/ and GOONS had become. I still remember how \m/ boasted and joked proudly about "ruining the game" for people and being so happy with how easily they could push around everyone else. I'm sure \m/ had a lovely and close-knit community inside it; that's all well and good. But if \m/ thought that excused them from answering for their crimes, then... well, maybe that's why \m/ is scattered dust today, and the only reason anyone remembers the 19th of September is because of how happy it made them to finally see that festering pox-bloated swine carcass bugger off this mortal coil.

Edited by Lord Swampy

A little harsh Swampy....many members of \m/ were, and are great players in this game. Categorizing them as a whole is not fair. Much of the leadership were what you describe, and the whole alliance paid the crime.

In some ways many of the Legion members were categorized the same way because of our leadership.

In some ways some great Legion members, as noted before, were persecuted for being loyal and war worthy members.

Regardless, I'll never forget growing up in the cohorts of the Legion fighting rogues under some great warriors like Ref, Van, Gunner, and so many others I can't even recite them.

Letting our allies take the hit on their own in GWII was the decisive blow IMHO. Had we entered, it very well could be a different game today. Diablo was still with NAAC...and at that point were the FAN of their ERA.

Many Legion members, especially during my entrance to this game were fierce warriors. It just was the apex of the Legion. Unfortunately we were infested by new members, spies, and a leadership unwilling to stand up for what the standard member believed in. Hell, waiting to hit in GWIII while GATO was being pummeled in itself was a lame tactic. Then continuously putting off the attack while spies infested the secret war rooms was laughable at best...although it was already lost at that point.

Where I am reminds me much of my early Legion days, and I am happy again for once in a LONG time.

Now we just need a good ole bar brawl (remember that one?) cause TOP doesn't get many rogues hitting us. XD

I will refrain from criticizing \m/ as a whole because I understand the value of standing by you believe, even after that belief system has passed into history. Even if that belief is 180 degrees from what I believe. I also believe that judging an entire alliance based on the actions of a few individuals is disingenious at best (unless it is the leadership). I have argued against it when it was/is done to The Legion and I will refrain so from doing it to other alliances, living or dead. All alliances have heroes and asshats. We can only hope the heroes shine with big mouths.

I reserve my right to argue the toss with individuals about their actions, however.

Edited by Hymenbreach

You can go back and talk about GWII, GWIII. Yes GWII it is easy to argue whether Legion should have entered or not. GWIII was horrible the day we choose to enter was the absolute worst, as said it was me and lincon who were put in charge. I had quit admiralty then come back a week before war and had to basically lead :P we also had to deal with a lot of bad things. I think of Benji complaining openly he was getting pounded in the IRC chan for an example.

Hey Margrave, just let them scoff all they like. It's their job, as part of the current hegemonic bloc. Just half a year before, things were different and \m/ were the ones doing the attacking, and Swampy was being called "Shakespeare" because of the faint suggestion that he had "faked" logs. Long before that, I could never understand why people complained about Philosopher's "propaganda", or the "WUT troll squad". It's just politics. Whatever can be said about \m/, we can be proud of the fact that we participated in some very even wars, and still won. Not all alliances can say that for themselves.

It's not worth getting upset over. It may not be a just situation now, but things can always change. History never sits still. If someone goes too far, there will always be a backlash. I must say that I was not there for the disbandment of \m/, but it seems to me that it was faced with multiple misfortunes and betrayals in a short period. When I read the names of some of the people who were leaders in that period, I can't help but facepalm.

\m/ unfortunately doesn't exist anymore, but some interesting things can be learned from this fact. \m/ weren't the ones to beg and grovel just for the sake of survival, that's true. But more importantly, the most basic principles of the alliance are so disgusting to a lot of people, that it has been decided that \m/ must always be kept down, never allowed to return. Any coward can try to restart some old alliance, grovel and get a NAP with former bitter enemies and the powers that be, and survive. But \m/ has left a mark, and a lot of people still get up in arms whenever its name is mentioned. Only a few other alliances have that honour. If an alliance like the NPO ever goes down, which I doubt, the same will happen to it. But who will be concerned about what happens to the Legions and GATOs of this world?

Anyway, I really should get back on-topic. Interesting historical series, as always. I wasn't around when these particular events happened, but these certainly help in studying what has happened in CN. Much more than in the past, alliance leaderships change rapidly, and there's a much bigger chance of a former or current leader coming clean and giving us a look inside.

Edited by Matthijs

History doesn't seem to be your strong point. The Legion has only had 1 viceroy. Where you got "Thrice Viceroy'd" is beyond me. :rolleyes:Technically the Legion has lost only 1 war that was GWIII. The Dove War (as the Legion refers to it) wasn't much of a war as the Legion, facing overwhelming odds and a crappy CB, went into peace mode on mass. Purplegate was never a war. The Legion accepted terms to prevent a war.

While I have respect for what NAAC chose to do by the time of Purplegate it wasn't an option for the Legion. The NPO had prevented other alliances from disbanding to avoid war like GOLD. And some alliance had their former members attacked after disbanding.

I don't really get how you think \m/ was a better alliance. The Legion despite adversary remained together. Where as \m/ disbanded at the first sign of trouble. I guess the \m/ motto should be "when the going gets tough .... just disband."

And where does UJW fit into that? I surrendered to Legion after a joint curbstomping of my two higher infra opponents with another \m/ember. They were forced to accept 27 million in aid between them with no retaliatory declarations on our nations. I started the war with under 20 million and had over 10 million when I surrendered. banned member beat me, Legion certainly did not. Also Valhalla got white peace because Legion didn't have the ability to finish the job.

P.S. We ignored Virillus' orders to go nuclear. I feel sorry for all the poor suckers who listened to that nuke order. That may have been the worst strategy decision I have seen in my time on Planet Bob. "No one has warchests, lets go full nuclear and get bill-locked in 3 days." :rolleyes:

Edited by Bob Sanders

And where does UJW fit into that? I surrendered to Legion after a joint curbstomping of my two higher infra opponents with another \m/ember. They were forced to accept 27 million in aid between them with no retaliatory declarations on our nations. I started the war with under 20 million and had over 10 million when I surrendered. banned member beat me, Legion certainly did not.

The Legion didn't lose that war. Just because some didn't fight well doesn't mean the Legion lost the war. :huh: I fought 3 \m/ nation by myself and beat the crap out of them. And they were all bigger than me.

Also Valhalla got white peace because Legion didn't have the ability to finish the job.

This is not an acurate descripition of how that war ended. But I will leave that for Lord Swampy to discuss in his next issue. I will just say I was upset that the Legion-Valahlla war ended while I was still fighting \m/ nations. At the time I really wanted to attack Valahalla nations.

I'm a Paradoxian now and I :wub: Valhalla.

P.S. We ignored Virillus' orders to go nuclear. I feel sorry for all the poor suckers who listened to that nuke order. That may have been the worst strategy decision I have seen in my time on Planet Bob. "No one has warchests, lets go full nuclear and get bill-locked in 3 days." :rolleyes:

I can't argue with that. The real problem really began with not having warchests. I had a warchest my \m/ opponents didn't and that's all that really mattered.