Return of Swampy's Memoirs

Lord Swampy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly was interesting finding out how Legion had gotten ahold of our plans.. Shame noWedge never went public with them and we could have killed his nation properly.

Even in the face of Vaylen stabbing us in the back.. noWedge had great respect for what he had done for the alliance. IMO he was wrong to let him slope off.

Was a fun read though Swampy :D

It was never taken public because it simply wasn't worth it. The embarrassment caused by exposing that Valhalla had not only set up the wrong guy but also had a traitor and spy as the second-in-command was not worth destroying Vaylen's nation. It was one of the very few times noWedge actually took the subtle approach to handling an issue instead of his usual bullheadedness.

See, this is why threads like this are great. I toooootally forgot about Vaylen and that business. It mostly happened before Ref left me in charge, I think. Thanks for reminding me about that Uhtred. That's a very interesting point though. If Valhalla was planning to attack the Legion for spying before Vaylen told us to watch out, and if it truly wasn't Doland, then I don't know how legit the initial CB was. On the other hand, if someone from another government tells you that you're going to be attacked by them for spying, I think it's pretty natural to confront that government about it (which Legion did), start looking all over for a spy (which Legion did ), and try to solve the problem by diplomacy. For a government member to go to an alliance and say "Psst, we've been planning to attack you for spying," and then for that to be the incident of spying to legitimize that war.... well that's just appalling and ridiculous.

Actually, that's hilarious. It is appalling and ridiculous, but hilarious none the less.

Nice job Swampy, can't wait until the next installment.

Another good read Swampy.

But this thread does remind me how much I hated noWedge. He was a serious !@#$%^&. And I took great pleasure in seeing him driven from the game.

You know, I saw your name and I remembered the way you got treated in Legion after you came back to help fight in the UJW. I just want to say... that was crap.

You know, I saw your name and I remembered the way you got treated in Legion after you came back to help fight in the UJW. I just want to say... that was crap.

Thanks pez. You're right it was crap. I remember that you refused to argue the government's case. I had hoped it was because you thought what they did was wrong. Now I know I was right. But I do eagerly await what Swampy is going to write about that in his next installment.

But there were many in the Legion that supported me. That's what helped me get through that time. They know who they are and I will always remember them for their support.

Edited by Simon De Montfort

Thanks pez. You're right it was crap. I remember that you refused to argue the government's case. I had hoped it was because you thought what they did was wrong. Now I know I was right. But I do eagerly await what Swampy is going to write about that in his next installment.

But there were many in the Legion that supported me. That's what helped me get through that time. They know who they are and I will always remember them for there support.

We still love you, bro. :)

Refresh my memory, is that the thing I remember, a big trial about SDM apparently nuking someone first strike?

I would rather wait until after I see what Swampy writes about it. But since you asked I will give you the Reader's Digest version.

I was nuked by an \m/ nation. I asked for clearance to launch a nuke in return. I got authorization to launch nukes which I interpreted as allowing me to nuke any \m/ nation. After the war I was condemned to ZI by the Legion cabinet for being a "nuclear rogue." But no one would attack me. There was eventually a trial, I was acquitted of the charge but had to pay $100 million dollars in restitution. But then purple gate happened and that ended that.

I am surprised you didnt mention the fact I was on a trip to see wain thus removing yet another minister :P

Simon: I supported you completely, I realized it was an honest mistake. Even though I was probably the most anti nuclear MOD to grace any sanctioned alliance, I supported you.

I am surprised you didnt mention the fact I was on a trip to see wain thus removing yet another minister :P

Simon: I supported you completely, I realized it was an honest mistake. Even though I was probably the most anti nuclear MOD to grace any sanctioned alliance, I supported you.

I haven't forgotten your support. I have always been thankful for it. I remember our exchange of in-game pms while my fate was being decided.