Diplomatic Talks between Andonia and Brunswick

Bacharth

467993748_4e4da8e809.jpg

The Brunswick House :: 1130 EDT

Denise Thompson, the Premier's personal secretary, picked up the phone in her office and dialed the operator. "Hello, operator? Can you patch me through to the Ardorian state offices? Thanks." She tapped her pen on the table and waited for a moment while the phone rang through. Finally, she got an answer.

"Hello, my name is Miss Thompson at the Brunswick House, I am Prime Minister Reynolds' assistant. He has requested a meeting with President Briar here about something he calls the Atlantic accords. I assume he may have contacted you about such."

The secretary on the other line told her something, and she acknowledged. "Well, President Briar would arrive at the Montreal-Trudeau airport and the Premier's motorcade, along with Premier Reynolds himself, would pick him up and drive him here, where the two would begin the talks."

Again, the person on the other line talked and finally they found a time, "That sounds great. Nine AM next Thursday. I'll put it in the schedule. Thank you." The Premier was informed of the meeting, and he was looking forward to it.

montreal2.jpg

Montreal-Trudeau :: 845H EDT

The plane touched down fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. The dark Suburban, sedans, and the gold-colored motorcycles. The Premier sat in the back of the modified Suburban, facing the seats opposite him. His assistant peeked her head inside to inform Michael that the plane had arrived. He stood up, adjusted his suit, and stepped out of the back of the SUV. The plane pulled in front of the motorcade, the door facing them. The press stood and pushed outside of the velvet ropes that had been placed away from the meeting area, with security guards posing as news reporters to watch for any suspicious activity. Finally, the steps extended from the plane. The Ardorian president had arrived.

Edited by VinceSixx

OOC: This is between Ardoria and Brunswick, not Andonia, typo on Vince's part.

IC:

"Mr. President, we've arrived at Montreal."

The President walked towards the door where the press and the Brunswick Premier were supposed to be. He stepped out and walked down the airstairs. Reporters moved forward and asked for comments.

"I'm sorry but myself and the Premier are very busy and must go. We will hold a press conference later today where you will be welcome to ask questions."

He was then whisked away in a car towards the city.

"Welcome to Brunswick, President Briar."

Montreal_De_la_CommuneStreet_courtesyVieuxMontreal.jpg

Montreal :: 930H EDT

The motorcade traveled through the city, bypassing red lights, traffic, and stop signs. The sighs and sounds of the city were all around them. The smell of French-American cuisine whisked by the noses of the two leaders, making Michael quite hungry.

They arrived at the Brunswick House a little after 10, and the assistant led them both into the Premier's conference room, reserved for Minstry conferences and diplomatic talks.

BBSAE_Conference_Room_1.png

"So, when you first contacted me, you had a treaty in mind?" The Premier asked.

"That's correct. Since we're located so close geographically and the threat of imperialists and expansion by Communists bent on world domination, a treaty tying us together would be a prudent move to ensure our mutual survival. I've even had my diplomatic team draft a treaty:

Article I - Sovereignty

Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories’ sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

Article II - Intelligence

Each signatory of this treaty agree to share any relevant intelligence amongst one another if said information pertains a possible threat to the sovereignty of any signatory. The information is to be shared privately unless the signatories with which the intelligence has been shared with agree to release the information to the public.

Article III - Economic Assistance

Each signatory agrees to provide economic assistance to the other signatories should it ever be needed. All signatory ports are open to military and civilian vessels of the other signatories during peace time and during war. To promote commerce and trade each signatory agrees to lower or eliminate tariffs on specific goods.

Article IV - Mutual Defense

The signatories of this treaty agree that in the event of a foreign party actively pursuing hostile actions against any signatory, the other signatories will be obligated to defend the attacked signatory with full military support.

Article V - Optional Military Assistance

In the event one of the signatories of this treaty actively uses military actions against a third party, the other signatory has the option to assist the signatory military, logistically, and diplomatically.

Article VI - Withdrawal

If any of the signatories decide that they wish to leave the alliance created by this treaty they must give the other signatories a 24-hour (OOC: RL Time) notice beforehand of their leaving, and then publicly declare that they are no longer bound by this treaty. After the 24-hour period elapses, the signatory will no longer be bound by this treaty.

What do you think?"

"Yes, those communists are really starting to bug me. South America wasn't big enough for them it seems," he said, lamenting the fact that he shared a continent with them. He slid the treaty over so he could read it and gave it a quick read-through, nodding as he saw something he agreed with, which was frequent.

"I like it. Where do I sign?" He reached into his jacket and pulled his pen out.

"That would be great, I'll have my assistant schedule it in the conference hall. The door just across the hall leads to the stage." He gripped his pen and signed his name at the bottom.

For the Republic of Brunswick,

Premier Michael Reynolds

He then pressed a button on the panel in front of the chair. A voice came out of it, "Yes sir?"

"Could you schedule a press conference in the conference hall in an hour?"

"I will get right on that sir."

"Thanks Denise."

"Great!" President Briar quickly signed his name on the treaty.

Article I - Sovereignty

Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories’ sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

Article II - Intelligence

Each signatory of this treaty agree to share any relevant intelligence amongst one another if said information pertains a possible threat to the sovereignty of any signatory. The information is to be shared privately unless the signatories with which the intelligence has been shared with agree to release the information to the public.

Article III - Economic Assistance

Each signatory agrees to provide economic assistance to the other signatories should it ever be needed. All signatory ports are open to military and civilian vessels of the other signatories during peace time and during war. To promote commerce and trade each signatory agrees to lower or eliminate tariffs on specific goods.

Article IV - Mutual Defense

The signatories of this treaty agree that in the event of a foreign party actively pursuing hostile actions against any signatory, the other signatories will be obligated to defend the attacked signatory with full military support.

Article V - Optional Military Assistance

In the event one of the signatories of this treaty actively uses military actions against a third party, the other signatory has the option to assist the signatory military, logistically, and diplomatically.

Article VI - Withdrawal

If any of the signatories decide that they wish to leave the alliance created by this treaty they must give the other signatories a 24-hour (OOC: RL Time) notice beforehand of their leaving, and then publicly declare that they are no longer bound by this treaty. After the 24-hour period elapses, the signatory will no longer be bound by this treaty.

Signatures

For the Republic of Brunswick,

Premier Michael Reynolds

For the United Republic of Ardoria

President Nathan Briar

Nathan Briar