Dead, Dying, and The Soon to Be...

Sarah Tintagyl

The various fighting factions would soon look up to see Neo Franzharian fighters and bombers streaking across the sky, but not yet dropping any payloads.

Recon.

One of the Fuhito Bombers approached the airspace above the clinic. Seeing what appeared to be some sort of commotion he circled the area for a few moments hoping to intercept some sort of transmission.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sir! APCs have breached the Clinic! Taeunas!" yelled one of the troops, taking cover from the shells.

"WHAT?! FIRE BACK!" Romanov says, popping another RPG out, this time at one of the Tank Turrent's. The rest of the troops start launching whatever anti tank ordinance they have at the armored vehicles.

"Royal-1 this is Stealthhawk Alpha. We have visual on your position. Loading minigun and firing."

The Helo makes a sweep over the rebels, unloading one of its door mounted guns into the area.

Within moments the rebels along with Grigor laid dead in the snow, destroyed by the massive firepower of the nations surrounding them. But the battle in the town had been reduced to massive chaos and perhaps they had done their philosophy's service. Perhaps more war was to stem from the confusion, but there was nothing they could do now. The rebellion for Finland was over.

OOC: Did you guys just start firing into each other? :o

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Within moments the rebels along with Grigor laid dead in the snow, destroyed by the massive firepower of the nations surrounding them. But the battle in the town had been reduced to massive chaos and perhaps they had done their philosophy's service. Perhaps more war was to stem from the confusion, but there was nothing they could do now. The rebellion for Finland was over.

OOC: Did you guys just start firing into each other? :o

OOC: Well, DeSchaine fired some warning shots, and Comrade took it as an actual attack, so yeah, it looks like it...

(OOC: Even with all the soldiers training, taking a few flashbangs to the face renders anyone incapacitated. Now the question is do the Taeunas troops really want to continue fighting if the Molakians call for support.)

OOC: good point, and good question...let's wait for his response...

SSgt. Devlin watched as his men loaded the people from the clinic and began to treat their wounds. Satisfied, he turned his attention outside just in time to see the RPG hit the Glory One turret. It exploded, knocking out the main gun, the right side missile launcher and the turret mechanism itself. It was time to go.

"Ok, we're set, everyone out! Full speed out, heading one niner three. Glory One, take point. Glory two and second squad! Cover fire and fall in behind us! MOVE OUT!"

The engines revved and dirt was thrown in the air as the vehicles pulled out, the damaged Glory in the lead. Next was SSgt. Devlins APC and his "guests", second squad's track then the Glory. This last targeted the area where the Molakians were and layed down a barrage of H.E. rounds at their feet.

"Wildcat six two calling Vantaa... we got a small problem. Requesting airsupport, over."

"Vantaa here, Wildcat, whats the deal, over."

Devlin rolled his eyes. "We've got Molakian infantry and a chopper on our butts is whats the deal! We need some air scouts right the hell now! Over!" He looked out the rear viewport "Miller! Can you swat that whirlybird?"

"Negative, sarge." came the reply from the rear glory. "No AA racks aboard. You guys have any handheld stuff?"

"A couple of Mosquito II's, but we'd have to stop, and I aint doing that till we've got friendlys overhead!" He switched mics. "Vantaa, how about that air cover, over!"

"You got it, Wildcat. ETA nine mikes. Fast moving air to mud, over."

"Roger that, Vantaa, and thank you. Wildcat six two out." Devlin suddenly felt a little better. He looked down at the people they'd pulled out of the building. One or all of them must be somekind of important. How or why wasnt his business. He'd leave that to the brass to figure out.

**Overhead**

A flight of Taeunas Tyre fighters came within radar range of the NF aircraft.

"Unidentified aircraft, this is King Lead. Please identify yourselves and state your purpose."

OOC: Now, my guys have no idea who the folks they pulled out are. Just that there were rebels and the people in the clinic and them, then all of a sudden Molakia shows up in MY AO? And yelling for them to surrender? Doesnt work that way, especially when other folks start shooting. lol

"Vox! Give me a radio!" yells romanov, throwing another empty RPG shell away.

"Kotka Base this is Romanov, get me some troops down here!" he yells over the radio, while shouldering another rocket.

"Sir, we running out of rockets! We have to regroup with the main army!" yells his Lt., who is helping a medic move a soldier.

"Grrr....We have to get those men back! AT ALL COST!!"

He gets back on the radio, turning it to the Royal Guard Freq.

"Forward base this is Romanov, need Artillery fire danger close. Marking target....now. Fire one!"

--------

Foward Base Alpha

Artillery Battery

One of Molakia's few artillery pieces aims high and fires one 155mm shell down range, hoping that it hits the target and not his friends.

-----

Taeunas APC

Sgt. Roe begins to stir from the multiple flashbangs. He sees he is surely not in Molakian hands and begins to thrash about.

"VILE REBEL SCUM! GET OFF ME!" he yells, decking the nearest soldier in the jaw.

Garrus and Anna also slowly come to, while williams is not conscious due to wounds and morphine. Garrus also starts to resist as he is slowly able to. Anna still cannot hear very well...

The shell lands to the right of the vehicles and explodes, making them shy just a bit. SSgt Devlin looks back as the two men start to struggle. He growls. "Get those people in restraints. I dont want them making their injuries any worse. It's going to be bad enough with this long range stuff coming in now." He thought for a second. "Gag them too. I dont want to listen to them spouting insults at us."

Two soldiers grabbed Roe and pinned him to the floor of the APC, letting a third man hog tie him. Garrus came next, then Williams and lastly, Anna. Devlin sat across from Roe and glared daggers at him.

"Look pal, I dont know who you are or what you were doing there, but we saved your cans back there. We're not rebels, we're Taeunas regular army. We've got people back there still trying to kill us, so sit down, shut up and hold on. Not like you have much of a choice at this point." He went back and sat in the TC position of the track.

"Wildcat six two calling Vantaa... where is that air support? They're starting to drop long range stuff on us, over."

"Should be overhead soon, Wildcat. We're getting a UAV over the area soon too. Hold tight. Over."

"Roger, out." Devlin sneered. "Hold tight, eh? Damn REMF's." He keyed his mic. "Ok, ladies, this aint no sunday drive in the park, step on it!"

A couple of minutes later, two Jagatai fighters streaked overhead.

"Tally ho... ants on the ground... Vantaa control, we have visual over the target area. Any word on where that walking spit bug is at?"

"Negative, Goblin lead. UAV is not over the area yet. Command says you have green light to Charlie Foxtrot the tangos. Happy hunting."

"Copy a green light to Charlie Fox a few ant tangos. Ok, duce, lets go play."

Both jets banked and circled the target area. They could see some units moving out along the road. The first of the bombs when about sixty yards right in front of them, in an effort to discourage pursuit.

"INCOMING!" yelled one of the gunners before a bomb drops infront of them. Their vehicle peels off the road and into a ditch.

"Royal-1 This is Alpha, fastmovers in the area, breaking off pursuit and returning to base!" yelled the Helo over the radio.

Romanov and his men retreat back into the town as the fighters swoop over. "All units this is Royal-1. Pull back to the town and hold the line until reinforcements arrive. Bring some more RPGs and AA Missles. This is going to be a long chase."

He takes a swig of his canteen and continues.

"We are not 100% sure, but it is very likely that the APC took our people. Our men looked at the clinic and found spent AK Magazines with the Molakian symbol on them. I want the entire Royal Guard, all 1000 of them, in this town by nightfall. We have no idea if these APCs and Tanks are really from Taeunas or just Rebel look alikes. If they do not return these people, expect some hard fighting. That is all. MOVE OUT!"

(OOC ADDITION: Keep in mind, Roe has a shot out knee and williams has a broken arm and shot shoulder.)

Edited by Comrade

SSgt. Devlin watched as his men loaded the people from the clinic and began to treat their wounds. Satisfied, he turned his attention outside just in time to see the RPG hit the Glory One turret. It exploded, knocking out the main gun, the right side missile launcher and the turret mechanism itself. It was time to go.

"Ok, we're set, everyone out! Full speed out, heading one niner three. Glory One, take point. Glory two and second squad! Cover fire and fall in behind us! MOVE OUT!"

The engines revved and dirt was thrown in the air as the vehicles pulled out, the damaged Glory in the lead. Next was SSgt. Devlins APC and his "guests", second squad's track then the Glory. This last targeted the area where the Molakians were and layed down a barrage of H.E. rounds at their feet.

"Wildcat six two calling Vantaa... we got a small problem. Requesting airsupport, over."

"Vantaa here, Wildcat, whats the deal, over."

Devlin rolled his eyes. "We've got Molakian infantry and a chopper on our butts is whats the deal! We need some air scouts right the hell now! Over!" He looked out the rear viewport "Miller! Can you swat that whirlybird?"

"Negative, sarge." came the reply from the rear glory. "No AA racks aboard. You guys have any handheld stuff?"

"A couple of Mosquito II's, but we'd have to stop, and I aint doing that till we've got friendlys overhead!" He switched mics. "Vantaa, how about that air cover, over!"

"You got it, Wildcat. ETA nine mikes. Fast moving air to mud, over."

"Roger that, Vantaa, and thank you. Wildcat six two out." Devlin suddenly felt a little better. He looked down at the people they'd pulled out of the building. One or all of them must be somekind of important. How or why wasnt his business. He'd leave that to the brass to figure out.

**Overhead**

A flight of Taeunas Tyre fighters came within radar range of the NF aircraft.

"Unidentified aircraft, this is King Lead. Please identify yourselves and state your purpose."

OOC: Now, my guys have no idea who the folks they pulled out are. Just that there were rebels and the people in the clinic and them, then all of a sudden Molakia shows up in MY AO? And yelling for them to surrender? Doesnt work that way, especially when other folks start shooting. lol

"King Lead, this is Neo Franzharian Royal Airforce 1st Tactical Recon Squadron, Bomber Designation 82562 'Godbird's Eyrie'. We have orders to perform sweeps of the area searching for hostile targets by orders of His Majesty Elijah I.

You boys Taeunas?"

**Airborne**

"Affirmative, Godbird. 14th Tactical Fighter Squadron, the High Kings. We're running BARCAP. Seems some of our mud bugs ran into a little resistance. First rebels and now Molakian troops. What definition do you have for hostile targets, over."

The UAV was overhead now, high enough up that it was out of SAM range. It was getting good pictures of the Molakian ground forces. To further discourage pursuit, another wing pair had joined Goblin one and two in orbiting the area. They would be relieved for refueling by the second of the squadrons three flight elements.

**Dirtside**

On the ground, SSgt. Devlin had been in contact with command at Vantaa, and all four "guests" had been heavily sedated. This was to prevent them from injuring themselves further and also allowed the squad medic to treat their wounds eaiser. What would be done with them would be decided after they woke up at the airfield and could be questioned.

The rest of first brigade had arrived, bringing the total of Taeunas forces to almost ten thousand. The debate to bring in the rest of the division was still on going at the highest levels.

A full battalion of mechanized infantry had been sent to Turku, with the purpose of clearing the city and setting up a second base at the airfield there.

Romanov and his men start placing barricades around the clinic, their ad hoc base. Romanov himself is sitting on a counter and swiging his flask around. He is very, very drunk.

"Gentlemen....We need to....find more booze!" the King says, stumbling over a chair. A soldier attempts to take his drink and is met with a pistol to the face.

"BACK OFF! THIS IS MINE!" he yells, aiming at the kid.

Romanov's drinking has worsened ever since Anna was missing. He is preparing to go to war with the Taeunas to get her and his men back.

------

Taeunas APC

Anna attempts to look around the APC but only sees shadows. A few years of hard drugs have given her a decent tolerance to most sedatives, but not enough to overpower their effects.

-----

July 2nd, 1998

Moscow, Russian Federation

Anna Ivanova is dancing about her room, listening to some trancy techno garbage as Romanov, now 25, walks in with some Vodka. He notices the various pills lieing around.

"Geeze kid, you really need to stop popping those things." he says as he moves some bags from her bed. She plops down near him, still swinging.

"Ooooh but Mr Romanov you need to stop drinking!" she says, in what can be described as a stoner voice. She grabs his bottle and takes a swig. Romanov sighs and grabs another, hoping that Anna won't kill herself...or attempt too again.

"Anna explain to me again why you do these things?" he says between gulps.

"I tollld you....My mom is a vox and my dad is dead. I always get blamed for things...it not my fault that this country sucks!" she says, throwing a bottle at the wall. She starts to sob slowly as Romanov comforts her.

-----

July 3rd 1998

Moscow

Romanov enters the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth. A robed Anna enters, fixing her hair in the mirror. She smiles at Romanov as they both get dressed, Anna to school and Romanov to the Military Base.

(OOC: I assume you can figure out what is implied.)

Sgt. Roe starts to awaken to the sounds of an APC making a suddent halt. Around him, he hears planes landing, taking off, and being fixed. He tries to move but cant seem to just yet.

Sedatives. He thinks to himself.

He attempts to mumble something but just cant seem to get the words out properly...

**Vantaa**

The small convoy finally comes to a halt inside the airfield. SSgt. Devlin jumps out, followed by the rest of his men.

"Medics! On the double!" he yelled as his men brought out the guests. "Four wounded, and damn belligerant when awake. Busted up pretty good though. Get them into surgery PDQ!"

A Cougar utility vehicle stopped nearby and Col. Larkin climbed out.

"SSgt. Devlin, report."

Devlin saluted and began. "Sir, we found a downed chopper north of a village. Indications were that a fight had taken place. Tracks and drag marks headed off toward the village and we arrived just as three different factions decided to get into a scrap. We had superior firepower, and I tried to prove it, but they shot back. These people were in a building, and we busted in with the APC to grab them. No idea who they are. They were pretty out of it from our flash bangs, and then we had to sedate them on the way in. The rebels arre all KIA, sir. The other group was possibly Molakian. Mild fire on the way out, damaged one Glory, wounded the gunner when the controls shorted out. He has mild burns."

Larkin nodded and watched as the ambulance moved off. "Good job, soldier. You and your men are slated for some down time for this. After you do your AAR and get it to me, your section has 48 hrs of no duty. Understood?"

"Yes sir!" He turned to his men. "Ok, you apes, lets get this taken care of! Thomas! Get that Glory tot he motor pool and find out how long for repairs. The rest of you, you know what to do. Move out!"

Col. Larkin jumped back into his Cougar. "Follow that meat wagon" he told his driver. "I want to find out who those people are and what we can do about them."

"Yes sir." The driver turned the engine over and headed off.

The medics pulled up and off loaded the wounded. A doctor came jogging out to meet them.

"Ok, xrays on all of them, also full bloodwork. I want full pictures of what we'll be dealing with before my surgical team goes at it." He grimaced as he looked at Roe. "Man, that knee is going to require a lot of time. It's almost totally gone. I can save the leg, but he wont ever be as mobile as he was." He moved to Williams. "Simple broken arm, no sweat there... GSW in the shoulder... hell, this is See Spot Run medicine here. Hmm. These other two... minor contusions and abraisions... nothing big. Still, check them out. Anything special I should know?"

"The patrol leader said they could be pretty mean when awake, Doc."

"Ok. Get those two cleaned up and call the MP's to hold them. These two we'll get fixed and put in restraints."

Sgt Roe is indeed belligerent when he awakes. He starts thrashing about in his restrants and yelling very naughty words. The doctors eventually give him some mild sedatives and he stops thrashing, very content in his mood.

Sgt Garrus is also acting up, while Williams is still out. Anna Ivanova has been awake and has been very very silent.

Col. Larkin looked in on the new arrivals. The uninnjured man was putting up quite a fuss. Thank God for sound proof cells he thought to himself. The young lady on the other hand was very quiet and reserved. Larkin decided to start with her. Along with a female MP, he entered the cell and sat down on a chair.

"Hello miss. I am Col. John Larkin, comander of the Taeunas ground forces here. Your compatriots are giving my people a diffcult time, though I dont know why. From all reports, my people pulled your butts out of a pretty hot fire. But, you already know that. What I would like to know is who you are and how you came to be here."

Anna stares at the Col. She does not know how to respond. It could all be a trick by the rebels to gain information or just torture. OR, this man could be who he says he is and acutally help them. She finally makes up her mind.

Anna spits in the Col's face and gives him a staredown. Niko would be proud.

Larkin takes out a hanky and wipes it off. "I see. Well, in that case, I have no choice." He turns to the MP. "Prepare her for travel to Taeunas on the next flight out. I think the T.I.S. would like to talk to her." He walkes out of her cell and into the next one, where Garrus has been strapped to his bunk. the Col. looked down.

"Hello. I'm Col. John Larkin of the Taeunas army. I have several questions, first and foremost, who are you and how did you come into this country?"

"Ah, now we're getting somewhere. You're a lot more civil about things than the young lady next door, and you're a soldier. What country's armed forces are you with?"

Next door, the woman was being bressed in a jumpsuit, cuffed and masked for her flight.