Shorten war length to 4 or 5 days

Ammon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attacking nation can choose to remove themselves from the field of battle after 3 days but you have an option to continue it each day until 7 days. The wars expire after the usual 7 days.

If you remove yourself it costs 20X your infra level.

This way you can get out of a war against someone who has turtled. Also, the war could go to the full 7 days if you choose to smack someone down or it's an active war.

It's not like someone can slip into peace mode.

• 4 weeks later...

The round is nearly ending, and I wanted to throw my support behind this suggestion. The seven days as it is feels like an eternity, and shortening the war time would increase the strategy involved in alliance wars, and encourage nations on the losing side of a war to stick it out. I think it would really improve the entire Tournament Edition experience.

This would be good as most nations in TE are destroyed after the 4-5 days and your stuck with used slots that can't be used because your opponent has quit/waiting to delete and restart or is unable to resist further do to 0 infra etc... B)

3-4 day wars would be perfect. I lost count of how many clingers I had this round who would go inactive and stop buying troops after a day or two of war leaving me stuck with a full slot against an opponent I couldn't attack.

Edited by SativaZealot

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the thread.

I sat for three days on some of the wars I won. And sat there. And finally the wars just expired or I got peace on the 6th day. It just uses up slots.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that shortening wars to 4 or 5 days would be a great improvement. However, this thread was started over 7 months (3+ rounds) ago, so it doesn't look like it will happen :(

Edited by Squeeze

I think that wars of 5 days and nuclear anarchy of 3 days would be perfect for TE.

I like this one, although I can't see the nuclear anarchy thing being changed. If you have radiation clean-up and the Fallout Shelters wonder you'd only be in nuclear anarchy for a single day. Perhaps 4 days then? Either way we'll be lucky if we can get the war length changed, as the previous poster points out. I suspect the coding would be a big pain or something hence why it's not gone further than this. Four day wars seems to be consensus though and I've not seen anyone argue against them yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='Tiberius12' date='14 December 2009 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1260736085' post='2027593']
I'm just gonna bump this because it's a very good idea.
[/quote]
I agree.
It has to be introduced. Nearly all nations I engage this round drop dead immideately and leave the game. It's pretty boring just to sit and watch action around and do nothing. Sometimes I want to abandon the game too, despite being on the winning side.

5 days it is

Edited by kong

• 3 weeks later...

i think that after 5 days, the defending nation should have the option to end the war, or keep it going for an additional 3 days. this decision is presented to him every 3 days, for a maximum of a 16 day war. this will make peole think twice before randomly attacking nations, and if the defender gets the upper hand they can make the aggresor pay for their reckless actions for quite a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I want to endorse this concept.

It seems that by far most players agree with a war length of 4 days. TE alliance wars often go shorter than the current nation war length of 7 days. With a 60 day session and smaller nations to go with it, this would really make a positive difference.

A point I've not seen yet:
Seven days for a small nation against a significantly bigger one truly takes it's toll, they can lose 2/3rds of their total ns in that time. That's just brutal, a beating like that can really take the fun out of things. I'd bet when that happens, it actually reduces the number of people who play TE. With 4 day wars, they just have to weather it through and they can start to rebuild. They don't get hurt as severely or have to reroll as often - or get so discouraged they quit.

It would really make things more fun.
Can this be seriously looked at?

Personally, I could get whole new war opponents more than once a war!

I mean, it's not going to make any less war in TE. It will probably even make MORE wars, cause people get to fight more and more other people. So, more total wars and more total days in war, and with more evenly-matched opponents - which makes the wars more FUN. I am just guessing it's huge thing to have to change, coding-wise. But still! Worth it, if it can be done.

• 1 month later...

This topic has been around for a year and a half, most people seem to agree it's a good idea, and yet... it hasn't been implemented yet? It's not like this is some wacky difficult to code feature. And we wonder why TE is losing players?