Sheperd Of The Hills

Margrave

Sister Theresa and her five of her officers rode up to Marshal Shepard and his officers standing among the people, after dismounting she grabbed his hand tightly and smiled. "Its good to see your men still here and ready to go Mr. Shepard." Around her neck still hung the golden beads that Bishop Lang had given to her and took them off her neck and saluted handing them to Shepard. "General, these are yours until this conflict is over. I and my soldiers will be under your command, however all I ask is to be placed into your war council and that I will be given some amount of autonomy over my soldiers." She looked out towards the crowd and the soldiers celebrating. "Hopefully, General, this will be the beginning of the end of the bandit tyranny over our lands."

The young Marshal nodded. "It will have to be. We have reports of men from as far as Ozark (OOC: It's a town in Missouri) of men who have heard of this slaughter. We have their favor, and at least three towns have promised to join us if we retake Arlene. We may not have began this fight, but it will be our job to finish it. For now, we shall prepare to retake Arlene, and learn of where these men came from. If we can cut their suppliers...But here, see to your billeting. I give you complete authority over your own men, so that we speak with the same voice, and that same authority with my own, within reason. The military planning has been left to you and I, as the Town Council knows little of such things, so we shall brew a strategy this evening...and then attack as soon as possible."

OOC: Sorry about being late here guys! Awesome roleplay! I'm excited to finally get involved.

IC:

General Ostheim got a direct order from President Yortme. The conversation went something like this:

"Good afternoon General." "Hello sir, what can I do for you?" Ostheim asked in his perfectly erect military posture. "Well it appears after that horrific storm in Missouri, law and order seemed to collapse according to our reports. A town has been destroyed and the area is in virtual anarchy. We also have reports of a group who is organizing to create a new government in the area. My first concern is about the civilians: send humanitarian aid and appeal to our people to send supplies as well. This rebel group is another concern. I want you to go there, take what you need, and see what they want. Remember all you learned from the Ohio conflict." "Yes sir!" "Get to it."

Ostheim hung up his phone. He leaned back in his chair. He looked out the window onto the expanse of Fort Campbell. Time to see what our new military can do. He pulled his leadership team together. He orders 500 troops to board the dropships. The 10 dropships are to be supported by the Warhawk squadrons. 8 will accompany the dropships and another 2 will go directly to the area, ahead of the rest. Ostheim, a skilled pilot himself, will take the lead envoy plane. The two Warhawks will try to get a clearer picture of what is going on. The men have their orders. Ostheim dismisses them.

The outfit is ready by the next morning at dawn. The envoy leaves a while before dawn. Ostheim is in his front seat of his Warhawk. He enjoys this new warship very much. He was one of the project's lead managers. He doubts, however, he'll get to do any good with it on this trip to Tennessee's outer area.

A short time passes and they reach the burning anarchy of Arlene. There is relatively little Tennessean presence out here. The manifest destiny of the Tennessee body is southward and east, not west.

Ostheim opens the radio channels up and tries to get communication with anyone below. "Citizens of the Tennessean State of Missouri, aid is on its way. We seek to contact any leaders in the area. We will not tolerate armed resistance. We come in a time of peace. Peace can be achieved through many means. Today, I wish it in words." Maybe not in my heart, but I got orders... "Contact through radio and a flare of your position would be helpful."

He makes a flyby over the town with the afterburners running. "Bet they heard that!" He quickly spins around into hover mode. He looks below at the flaming wreckage. He waits for a response...

Yortme also calls up a diplomat by the name of Ossarian. "Ossarian, I need you to go to Springfield, Missouri. Get in contact with the Governor. We haven't heard from him, especially regarding the recent crisis." "Right away sir." Ossarian gets into his get and speeds away to Springfield.

Edited by Yort92

OOC: Stop right there for a sec...The tech level out here is bad, to the point where horses are more plentiful then automobiles. We're using a mixture of different rifles and weapons, but none of them are new, and the newest one used is the Thumper from the Vietnam Era, a Grenade Launcher. Additionally, the State Government is in a position to collapse totally right now, which would clear the way for the nation I'm trying to launch. As you can obviously tell, I worked a hell of a long time on this set up, so please don't throw in random monkey-wrenches.

OOC: Don't worry, I don't plan on obliterating an already destroyed area. Plus, technically, it's my territory and so I want to try to help out the area. Anyway... I'll see what I can do...

IC: Ostheim gets a radio transmission from the military HQ in Nashville. "Sir, the president has ordered you to redirect all air units to the Nashville area at once." "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" "No sir, you have your orders." "What the heck is going on???"

Radio silence... Osthiem realizes the world out here is a hell hole anyway. He shouts orders into his radio. He turns his plane into flight mode in a hurry and rockets home.

One of the dropships lands to find out more information. A contingent of 50 troops comes out of the ship. They are lightly armed with only machine guns and a few grenades and a pistol. The leader is Schleckt. The set up a perimeter around the ship. They are here for information gathering.

Schleckt is worried. He knows their is political turmoil in the nation. The loss of Ohio, the continuing dispute in the West, the unrest in Nashville. He feels the government needs to move away from its lassiz faire and take more strict control. The nation is falling apart.

He sits in his camp and waits for an envoy. A flag is raised and a flair is shot up...

OOC: That better? Other forum will have Nashville news.

10 Miles Out From Arlene

The forces of the AFVB, the Militia, and the Templar had crept stealthily along, readying for the suprise invasion of the town, when the signals had gone off. Worriedly, the Marshal gathered the leaders together. "Whatever that was can't be good. Do we investigate, or press forward, or abandon the attack for now?"

At the northeast section of Tennessee Federation:

Under the orders of the GLS Executive branch, the GLS military were pouring into the nation to bring stability. 10,000 troops, 400 military assault jeeps (with a max speed of 190 mph since they are a mix of armed military vehicles and street racers), 200 patrol/assault 4-Wheelers (with a max speed of 130 mph and actually have seat belts and windshields), 400 trucks, 50 helicopters, and etc.

Their first mission was to flush out any rebels and secure the captured area...

---------------------------

OOC: May I RP tanks and airplanes since I don't have them IG (since I am in the middle of an improvement swap and I need every last penny)?

Edited by HHAYD

At the northeast section of Tennessee Federation:

Under the orders of the GLS Executive branch, the GLS military were pouring into the nation to bring stability. 10,000 troops, 400 military assault jeeps (with a max speed of 190 mph since they are a mix of armed military vehicles and street racers), 200 patrol/assault 4-Wheelers (with a max speed of 130 mph and actually have seat belts and windshields), 400 trucks, 50 helicopters, and etc.

Their first mission was to flush out any rebels and secure the captured area...

OOC: May I RP tanks and airplanes since I don't have them IG (since I am in the middle of an improvement swap and I need every last penny)?

OOC: Not in Missouri. Do this in his thread, not in mine. this thread is only for the Missouri Uprising, and Yort's people. Read the level of writing in this thread before you posted, before anyone but Me and Sarah And Vince posted. Try to write to that level, or else your going to bring down an excellently written thread that is supposed to take time and require real roleplaying to get things done.

OOC: Yea, your support should go into my other thread. I'm gonna start one dealing with that as soon as I do some work here... Btw, the intensity of your roleplays makes me definitely want to have you as a neighbor :)

IC: Schleckt gets an urgent radio call. It is from Ostheim. Ostheim immediately starts, "What is the situation?" "Very quiet sir. We have a few scouts out and about but nothing significant has come up. We've followed protocol, raised the flag, and fired the flair. We are setting up our base camp for continued operations." "Wonderful." Disgracefully, Ostheim continues, I have to go to see what the new president's plans are... Probably something that doesn't involve blasting the whole territory to hell and back." Schleckt just waits in silence. Ostheim finally finishes, "Well get to your work and keep me updated." "Yes sir."

OOC: The new president's plans and the Nashville/Tennessee chaos are in the new thread. (http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=50494)

Edited by Yort92

OOC: Not in Missouri. Do this in his thread, not in mine. this thread is only for the Missouri Uprising, and Yort's people. Read the level of writing in this thread before you posted, before anyone but Me and Sarah And Vince posted. Try to write to that level, or else your going to bring down an excellently written thread that is supposed to take time and require real roleplaying to get things done.

OOC: As you wish...

IC: General Far, a former commander of the 1st unit of the anti zombie force in Diberia, was now sitting in a heavily armored mobile command base. His phone ran while he was surveying the map and the reports. "Yes?" he asked. "Sir, we are meeting heavily rebel resistance at a town 5 miles away."

Far sighed, he knew it was going to be a pain in the rear to stabilize the neighboring nation...

Far then replied to the phone, "Surround the town and clear out any enemy snipers. Do not attack aggressively, use artillery shelling if it gets really nasty."

One of the commander sitting close to Far, looking through the attack reports in the region, asked Far, "Sir, why aren't our air force deployed and where is our reinforcements?" Far replied while hanging up the phone, "There is no use to deploy jet bombers just to blast puny towns to bits to clear out a handful of rebels, and the reinforcements nor the air force aren't coming until we meet a large mob of rebels." "Oh, okay sir..." mumbled the commander while continued to look through the attack reports.

However, they were not prepared for a full scale attack...

--------------

OOC: Any of you may RP attacking the GLS military and/or sending in more rebel troops to the town that the GLS military is trying to clear out. They are in the northwestern part of Illinois and are beginning to march into the northeastern part of Missouri.

OOC: As you wish...

IC: General Far, a former commander of the 1st unit of the anti zombie force in Diberia, was now sitting in a heavily armored mobile command base. His phone ran while he was surveying the map and the reports. "Yes?" he asked. "Sir, we are meeting heavily rebel resistance at a town 5 miles away."

Far sighed, he knew it was going to be a pain in the rear to stabilize the neighboring nation...

Far then replied to the phone, "Surround the town and clear out any enemy snipers. Do not attack aggressively, use artillery shelling if it gets really nasty."

One of the commander sitting close to Far, looking through the attack reports in the region, asked Far, "Sir, why aren't our air force deployed and where is our reinforcements?" Far replied while hanging up the phone, "There is no use to deploy jet bombers just to blast puny towns to bits to clear out a handful of rebels, and the reinforcements nor the air force aren't coming until we meet a large mob of rebels." "Oh, okay sir..." mumbled the commander while continued to look through the attack reports.

However, they were not prepared for a full scale attack...

--------------

OOC: Any of you may RP attacking the GLS military and/or sending in more rebel troops to the town that the GLS military is trying to clear out. They are in the northwestern part of Illinois and are beginning to march into the northeastern part of Missouri.

OOC: Not this thread, remember?

The attack would begin at dawn; the forces of the AVFB, the Templar, and the Missouri Militia (A gathering of volunteer fighters from other towns who represented their political organizations in the growing confederacy) camped together in the hills of southern Missouri, eating and resting up for the big fight tommorow.

Marshal Shepard eased himself up against his seat (a rock) next to the fire. The pre-Collapse can of beans was delicious, and the fact that they'd been able to eat it heated tonight was a blessing. Sister Theresa sat opposite him as they ate in silence. Shepard coughed, and brought up a subject that worried him.

"So...the government has responded with new forces in the area. I'm worried about that; part of the problem was their mismanagement of the Missouri Territory that brought in the warlords and the strong-arms, and I don't know if I'm ready to pledge my allegiance to an organization like that. Additionally, we still have the main northern Bandit force to worry about, and that's if we can get around the government in Springfield. What are your thoughts?"

"I don't mean to sound cynical as it is not the way of the Church, but what may be useful is teaming up with the government in removing the bandits from the region. We could use their extra firepower against our enemies. Afterward however, we already have the loyalty of the people and hopefully what we would be able to do is petition for an independence movement away from government forces. If the land is infested by bandits anyways, I doubt they would want to keep soldiers here to garrison it, knowing we would be much better off governing ourselves. But naturally its up to you, however we might need to prove ourselves as a force to be considered. Riding out to fight tomorrow will be good, we'll increase morale and show the bandits that they are not invincible, but the government is a player in this and we have to be mindful of their movements. If we win against the northern bandits tomorrow, we will be in amazing position Mr. Sheperd and I do believe we will be victorious."

She blessed herself for a moment before digging back into the food.

That morning after the conversation with Sheperd, Theresa woke up early and surveyed the countryside briefly. It was a beautiful day and the son was bright in the sky, it was red as well, time was ripe for war. Slowly she crossed the camp with her hand on her rifle, her eyes still flushed from just waking up. Walking into Shepard's tent she rocked him back and forth slowly. "Mr. Shepard. I don't mean to wake you, but I think we should get moving quickly so as we might have surprise against the enemy and then we will be able to beat the government to establish positions stronger than ours." She sat down on a stool next to his bed. "Should I ready the men?"

That morning after the conversation with Sheperd, Theresa woke up early and surveyed the countryside briefly. It was a beautiful day and the son was bright in the sky, it was red as well, time was ripe for war. Slowly she crossed the camp with her hand on her rifle, her eyes still flushed from just waking up. Walking into Shepard's tent she rocked him back and forth slowly. "Mr. Shepard. I don't mean to wake you, but I think we should get moving quickly so as we might have surprise against the enemy and then we will be able to beat the government to establish positions stronger than ours." She sat down on a stool next to his bed. "Should I ready the men?"

Shepard rolled out of his bed roll, his one hand reaching to a side-arm that wasn't there, his other grasping the hilt of his knife. Coming up to see Theresa's shocked face, he sheepishly put his hands to his sides, and then started grabbing gear. "We'll ride out immediately. Ready your forces, my Lady, for we strike this morning. We'll take out their outer perimeter with a show-force while we sneak in small groups nearer to town. Once the show-force pulls off the main bandit group, we'll take the town, and then smash the bandits between us. Which Command would you prefer? Both will be equally dangerous and fraught with peril, and there is honor in leading both."

Shepard rolled out of his bed roll, his one hand reaching to a side-arm that wasn't there, his other grasping the hilt of his knife. Coming up to see Theresa's shocked face, he sheepishly put his hands to his sides, and then started grabbing gear. "We'll ride out immediately. Ready your forces, my Lady, for we strike this morning. We'll take out their outer perimeter with a show-force while we sneak in small groups nearer to town. Once the show-force pulls off the main bandit group, we'll take the town, and then smash the bandits between us. Which Command would you prefer? Both will be equally dangerous and fraught with peril, and there is honor in leading both."

"My Templars will command the Show Force, hopefully with the strength of our cavalry we'll be able to push the bandits into a rout just as your flanking forces arrive. If we can do that, this battle will hold small precious casualties for our men Mr. Shepard. After all, we can't afford Pyrrhic victories in this war." She got up from her seat and turned to exit the tent. "By the end of the day we will have put a large hole in the bandit's idea of invincibility."

Hours later, Theresa and one-hundred Templar cavalry men were saddled and ready to move out. She had left a note with Shepard before she left, telling him to give some kind of single for when her men should sweep in and attack. The ride towards the Bandit encampment would be hard, but hopefully they were make it with morale still extremely high and the battle would be quick. For Theresa, they didn't have many other options, the Church did not have many more men to spare to this glorious uprising.

Schleckt started to feel uneasy. Something did not feel right. He had participated in battles of the Ohio territory and his intuition had grown from the experience. He grabs his radio and sends some orders for supplies. They were to ship via land routes as the planes were being used to move forces around and in helping move materials to construct the new military bases. The little entrenchment had been progressing well. Small temporary buildings had been constructed. A group of 50 more soldiers had been moved in. Their little base was proving livable. However, not learning much of anything about the inhabitants of the area had still been a problem.

A small groups of scouts noticed a large group of people and went toward them...