Dispatch From The Greenland Republic

Drai

flag-1-1-1.gif

Announcement from the Greenland Republic

Recently, as you all know, the Dark Evolution launched an attack against GLOP. The circumstances surrounding which are completely unacceptable, both to me personally, and to GR as an alliance. We hold a treaty with DE which is supposed to symbolize our joint values and morals, something that was proven today to be non existant. We do not approve of what DE has done, not in any way, shape or form. However, after long talks with them, we know that the apology they have made is sincere. They are good people, foolish most certaintly, but good. All men, women, and children make mistakes, some large and some small. I stand before you today as a somebody who has made many mistakes in his life, with friends who have made many more, and an alliance built on mistakes, just like every organization and culture you will find in every nook and cranny of what we call humanity. DE has made a mistake, and they will atone for that mistake for months, and possibly years to come. However, we in GR will not hang them out to try for mistakes made that they regret so sorrowfully. To us republicans, treaties are more than paper, they are brotherhood. And we will stand by the spirit of the treaty, - true friendship. We know that DE can be better, will be better, and will make up for what they have done. And we stand here today vouching for them. Together, we will work towards repairing their wrongs.

Sincerely,

The Greenland Republic government

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you GR for standing by us in our worst moment. You are right it will get better.

For reference - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1286724

If that is such a case, Hunter should be ZI'd for his actions and crimes.

Seems like an appropriate punishment for damaging whatever's left of DE's public reputation.

flag-1-1-1.gif

Announcement from the Greenland Republic

Recently, as you all know, the Dark Evolution launched an attack against GLOP. The circumstances surrounding which are completely unacceptable, both to me personally, and to GR as an alliance. We hold a treaty with DE which is supposed to symbolize our joint values and morals, something that was proven today to be non existant. We do not approve of what DE has done, not in any way, shape or form. However, after long talks with them, we know that the apology they have made is sincere. They are good people, foolish most certaintly, but good. All men, women, and children make mistakes, some large and some small. I stand before you today as a somebody who has made many mistakes in his life, with friends who have made many more, and an alliance built on mistakes, just like every organization and culture you will find in every nook and cranny of what we call humanity. DE has made a mistake, and they will atone for that mistake for months, and possibly years to come. However, we in GR will not hang them out to try for mistakes made that they regret so sorrowfully. To us republicans, treaties are more than paper, they are brotherhood. And we will stand by the spirit of the treaty, - true friendship. We know that DE can be better, will be better, and will make up for what they have done. And we stand here today vouching for them. Together, we will work towards repairing their wrongs.

Sincerely,

The Greenland Republic government

:awesome: Forgiveness and Help :awesome:

Was what DE (specifically ryan reyes and Hunterman) did, daft? Unmistakeably. But at least we know that 1. the message Hunterman posted was UNSANCTIONED (yes, I'm taking Caesar's word for it, just as GR is) and 2. Hunterman sincerely apologised. There should be consequences, yes, however, in light of these two facts, why should the whole alliance suffer for the actions of two? And why should the one who has apologised for said daftness be punished on the same level as the one who hasn't?

Good show GR. This is exactly why CCC loves you guys. And why I wish TOOL had a treaty with you guys :P

And why I wish TOOL had a treaty with you guys :P

There's a funny story about what happened there..

Also, I hope this doesn't start an outpouring of threads saying the same exact thing >_>, and instead they do what Haflinger did and support this for their own alliance.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Good post by Greenland Republic for standing with their allies but I am dissapointed in TDE for their conflict with GLOP.

I would like to note that thus far there are a total of three wars between GLOP and DE, involving a sum total of one DE nation.

And DE's bigger than Universalis was, so you can't even claim that 10% of DE is at war. :)