CNRP: Operation Green October

Imperator Azenquor

***on board the VNS Angelus***

Sean_Connery_The_Hunt_for_Red_Octob.jpg

-Cpt. Ramius

The Angelus had been underway for almost 48 hours en route to the Republic of Tanis. As ordered, Captain Ramius and his First Officer opened the sealed orders from Military HQ.

Cpt. Ramius,

You are ordered to undertake a mission vital to the security of Vaule. As you are aware, the Angelus is capable of launching Vaule’s nuclear deterrent, via the Widowmaker missile system. Some of these missiles are securely on board the Angelus at this time. Your orders are to proceed to the Republic of Tanis, via the Bering Strait. You will be making only two stops, the first in the Northern Empire, and the second in the United Francoist Empire.

Under no circumstances are you to contact President Rokossovsky, the Parliament, or any member of government other than the Imperatrix. Should you find yourself in a situation that compromises Vaule’s security, you are given discretion to destroy the Angelus.

Your First Officer is a member of SWoRD, and has been fully briefed on the nature of the operation. He will, upon your request provide any information about the operation that is absolutely necessary to its completion

Signed,

Princess Azleya M

u-3.png

-Planned Course

The silence was broken by a voice over the intercom:

“Captain, we have reached the Bering Strait. Orders?”

“Adjust course to heading due south. Increase speed to 20 knots”-Ramius

===

***Arcannez Regional Airport***

In an unusual break in the cold of the Siberian winter, 12 soldiers stood at attention on the airport’s main runway. A soldier carrying the Imperial Standard, and a cloaked figure walked from the terminal building towards a waiting Tu-144 aircraft. As the cloaked figure passed the honor guard, they saluted.

Once the cloaked figure and five of the soldiers boarded the aircraft it sped down the runway and soon disappeared over the horizon.

***On board the Tu-144***

800px--2007--002.jpg

-The Imperial Tu-144

Prince Azenquor removed his cloak and took his seat next to the window as the staff and soldiers settled in to their duties. Azenquor’s gaze was fixed on the terminal as it disappeared from view. The Prince’s chief of staff broke the silence and asked:

“Where are we heading?”

Without shifting his gaze, Azenquor replied:

“To the Western Republic…of course”

31.jpg

-Aircraft Interior

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

***Onboard the VNS Angelus***

Captain Ramius sat in his quarters looking over charts and mission logs, when his First Officer entered the cabin.

“We have arrived for refueling. We are currently just outside of the Northern Empire’s territorial waters.”-First Officer

“I see. Request permission from the Northern Empire to dock, and await further instructions.”-Ramius

“Aye Sir.”-First Officer

As the First Officer turned to leave the cabin, Captain Ramius spoke:

“Tell me, why are we going to the Republic of Tanis with 10 of Vaule’s nuclear weapons?”-Ramius

“As for the nuclear weapons, we are only carrying 3 actual weapons, the rest are dummies. And as for the reasons behind the mission…I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.”-First Officer

Angered, Ramius jumped to his feet and glared at the First Officer.

“My crew is being sent thousands of miles from home on some kind of mission and I am not even allowed to know what that is! Unacceptable!”-Ramius

Without even wincing under the Captains’ glare, the First Officer replied:

“This sub will either make it to the Republic of Tanis with you in command, or you might have…an accident. After all Captain Ramius, a submarine is a dangerous place”-First Officer

***Coded message to the Northern Empire***

This is VNS Angelus requesting permission to dock for refueling and supplies.

***End of message***

===

===

***Just Outside Western Republic Airspace, on board the Imperial Tu-144***

Azenquor glanced out of the nearby window as the Western Republic came into sight. The Prince’s Chief of Staff, walked into the cabin and announced:

“We have arrived”

Without moving, the Prince replied: “No kidding”

***Message to the Western Republic***

This is Vaulia One requesting permission to enter Western Republic airspace and requesting landing co-ordinates.

***End of Message***

***Coded message to the Northern Empire***

This is VNS Angelus requesting permission to dock for refueling and supplies.

***End of message***

***Message***

Your vessel has permission, we have confirmation that your ship is to be allowed any and all support without being stopped. Our dock is your dock. Proceed to Dock 1A for refueling.

***End***

OOC: According to Sargun, sats see everything on the surface. Be aware that nations do see the submarine when it surfaces.

This is interesting :D

OOC: The only problem is, satellites can't see every square inch of the planet all at once... :unsure:

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

***Message***

Your vessel has permission, we have confirmation that your ship is to be allowed any and all support without being stopped. Our dock is your dock. Proceed to Dock 1A for refueling.

***End***

===

***On the VNS Angelus***

“Captain, we have received permission to dock”-Crewman

“Convey my thanks to the ranking Northern Empire Officer.”-Ramius

“Aye Captain”-Crewman

As the crewman transmitted the confirmation and message to the Northern Empire, Ramius turned to his First Officer:

“Prepare to dock. Reduce speed to 8 knots, bearing 225.”-Ramius

“Aye Sir”-First Officer

“Prepare to surface!”-Ramius

As the crew hurried to carry out the Captain’s orders, the First Officer transmitted a short, coded message:

“The shark rests amongst the shoals”

Immediately a response came:

“Does Ramius suspect- M

The First Officer replied:

“Of course not”

Unknown to the First Officer, a nearby crewman glanced at Captain Ramius and nodded. Ramius then confronted his First Officer.

“You sent an unauthorized message from my ship. I demand you tell me who you contacted.”-Ramius

“Perhaps this matter would best be discussed in your cabin…sir”-First Officer

Ramius reluctantly agreed and led the First Officer to a nearby cabin. Once inside the First Officer spoke:

“What I was doing is none of your business, and it would be best for you if you do not interfere with my work”-First Officer

“Do you think this is some kind of game! Sooner or later, I will figure out what is going on here”-Ramius

“I doubt it.”-First Officer

Without waiting to be dismissed the First Officer turned to leave the Captain’s cabin. Before leaving he turned to the Captain and replied:

“Should you at any time hinder my work or compromise this mission, then SWoRD will have to pay a visit to your wife and children in Sygh-Varthys.”-First Officer

With an evil grin, the First Officer continued:

“…we all know that SWoRD can’t always guarantee their survival. After all, so many accidents can happen nowadays. One could drown, or accidentally fall out of an aircraft.”-First Officer

As the First Officer exited the cabin and closed the door behind him, the crewmen heard Captain Ramius hurling objects around in his cabin and swearing in Russian.

After less than two hours docked in the Northern Empire, the VNS Angelus departs.

***On board the Angelus***

"Crewman, take us out of port. 5 knots"-Ramius

"Aye sir"-Crewman

"Once we are clear of the port, dive and increase speed to 20 knots. Our next port will be in the UFE"-Ramius

The First Officer, who had been sitting in a corner of the bridge spoke up:

"Belay that command crewman" - First Officer

The crew was stunned, and could only glance back and forth between Ramius and his First Officer.

"Once we are clear of the port, you are ordered to dive and increase speed to 22 knots. We will be heading directly to Tanis from here. I have decided that time is of the essence and we will not need to make another stop."-First Officer

The awkward silence was broken by Ramius who replied:

"What are you all staring at! Carry out your orders! 22 knots, direct course."-Ramius

"Aye Sir!"-Crewmen

SOSUS Center, Confucianism

Blip... blip... blip... woowooblippers....woowooblippers....imasub....imonyoursonar....lookatme....raspb

erry....

The Sonar Lieutenant was hearing weird sounds coming from his headphones. He looked down at the display in front of him, and sure enough, there was a submarine. It was moving extremely fast, almost like it wanted to be detected... Someone had to be a madman. The waters weren't deep in the Confucianism SOSUS net, and it would take one hell of a pilot to navigate a sub in these waters. The Lieutenant phoned it in.

National Command Authority, Confucianism

"Sir, look at this report from SOSUS Headquarters. A Vaule nuclear submarine has been detected in the South China Sea, heading towards Tanis. The hull signature suggests that its the VNS Angelus."

The commander looked down at the report. This was most curious... a Vaule submarine, in Indonesian waters? In Confucianism's territorial waters? "Dispatch a few of our Anti-Submarine helicopters to track it. We'll remain passive at the moment. Alert the Vaule government, and let them know we have their submarine on our scopes. Also alert Tanis to the impending Submarine, that will be entering their terroritorial waters."

Private Dispatch to Vaule Government

To Whom it May Concern,

A Vaule nuclear submarine, VNS Angelus, was detected heading at 22 knots in Confucianist territorial waters. Be advised: We will destroy the nuclear submarine unless it pulls out of our waterways and our allies' waterways immediately.

Private Dispatch to Tanis

To Republic of Tanis,

A Vaule nuclear submarine, VNS Angelus, was detected heading at 22 knots in Confucianist territorial waters towards your nation. Be advised.

***Private Dispatch to Confucianism***

We acknowledge, please let said object on course, we'll handle it from here.

AWACS Patrol Region - Eastern Sumatra

The E-8 AWACS aircraft flew at 15,000 feet accompanied by three F-22A Raptors. Usually this was a routine mission. Then the call came.

Riiiiiiinnnnnnnggg

This is Tanisian Naval Command, we have an inbound object from Vaule that you need to protect for us. Make sure that nothing stops it from getting here. You'll be receiving more aerial assets.

The present sortie maintained its present altitude and proceeded towards a new circular patrol path 125 miles northeast of Singapore in the Gulf of Thailand. So that it would not disclosed the submerged submarine's location.

Edited by Quest07

National Command Authority, Confucianism

"We copy, Tanis. We will give the submarine passage." The commanding General turned to his subordinate. "Send a private message to Vaule, tell them we had a glitch. We didn't see anything. And neither did you."

Private Message to Vaule

To Whom It May Concern,

It seems we had an equipment malfunction that made us see something resembling your submarine. Forget we ever said anything about it.

The Submarine adjusted course to the south west, attempting to fully exit Confucian territorial waters in the shortest possible time. The submarine sends a short reply:

"We will adjust course to avoid remaining in Confucian territorial waters. However as for your allies territorial waters, we suggest that you speak to your allies before patrolling their territorial waters on their behalf."

The Vaulian government issues no reply.

***Classified***

At the Outer Mongolian VAF Airbase, five F-22s are placed on alert.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

The Submarine adjusted course to the south west, attempting to fully exit Confucian territorial waters in the shortest possible time. The submarine sends a short reply:

"We will adjust course to avoid remaining in Confucian territorial waters. However as for your allies territorial waters, we suggest that you speak to your allies before patrolling their territorial waters on their behalf."

The Vaulian government issues no reply.

***Classified***

At the Outer Mongolian VAF Airbase, five F-22s are placed on alert.

The general responded: "Patrolling our allies territorial waters? You've got a smart mouth for a floating fish in the water. Apparently your brain rotted too. Get your $@! moving before I decide to chew it up and spit it out for the dogs."

The general responded: "Patrolling our allies territorial waters? You've got a smart mouth for a floating fish in the water. Apparently your brain rotted too. Get your $@! moving before I decide to chew it up and spit it out for the dogs."

Reply from the Angelus:

"If you wish to attack us, after we have left your 'territorial waters' (which we maintain we did not enter) then by all means go ahead. However we are prepared to respond if necessary"

Reply from the Angelus:

"If you wish to attack us, after we have left your 'territorial waters' (which we maintain we did not enter) then by all means go ahead. However we are prepared to respond if necessary"

The general replied, "Heh. You're in uncharted waters, boy. Apparently you've been up north for too long. Watch out for those ridges, and good luck.

Reply: "That's General 'boy' to you."

The general decided it wasn't worth it. They'd already given him the information he needed. "Lieutenant, call Intelligence Headquarters and give them a status update on the "VNS Angelus", that mechanical malfunction we got, remember? Tell them its commanded by an experienced general, one who's been at the business for a while. Make sure to include that he seems to be a little stressed."

"Yes, sir," and the Lieutenant scurried off. The general went back to reading the newspaper.

OOC: Yes, I'm aware the navy equivalent of general is admiral. However, my general reads the newspaper on the job. What a lazy $@!. He doesn't know !@#$ anyways.

Edited by Pacifism